Just did my Finances from 01. I spent a couple thousand dollars on U2. Am I alone?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Veranda

War Child
Oh torture me no more! No- I too am guilty of the same, but I don't want to think about it!

------------------
U2- The Unforgettable Fire still burns!

I didn't even add the week in Ireland because that was a weeks vacation that I would have spent anyway. Glad to see I am not alone. We all need to save for the 2003 tour.

Hrmmm...do you see a good credit card commercial developing here?
smile.gif
PRICELESS!

I guess I spend about $150 on U2 last year

------------------
Salome
Shake it, shake it, shake it

Too much. Way too much. I don't even know the exact number. All I know is that my Citibank Master Card owns my soul right now.

Hopefully it will be paid off in time for the next round of shows!

------------------
...Its no secret that a liar won't believe in anyone else...

Let's see... (I'm scared!!)

Miami was reserved.. $85
hotel was $85
gas was $65
+ boyfriend's.. $85

ATL was GA.. $45
ATL Hotel was $130
gas to ATL was $20
+boyfriend.. $45

Vegas was GA..$45
(was in Vegas for bizness so plane and hotel doesn't count)
+boyfriend... $45

Tampa was GC... $145
plane was $65
(stayed with a friend)

= $860
+ the latest & greatest in software, hardware & men's wear... $60

= around $920 on U2 in 2001.

yeesh.

Amazing memories = priceless
smile.gif

come on Like O2 (
wink.gif
)
I was wondering how much you've spent too
tongue.gif

------------------
Salome
Shake it, shake it, shake it

Yay, glad to know I'm not alone in this madness. I haven't the time, rather, the courage yet to calculate my U2 spendings last year.
biggrin.gif

Well as long as I just posted I spent 503 hours in the GA line, I might as well throw in that those 30 shows in three countries cost about $18,000.

yeah, you read that right. that's everything from the first whopper in Miami in March to the last Margarita also in Miami....including my lost pay for all my time without pay b/c I exceeded my vacation time by over two weeks.

To make a short silly little commercial...

Cost of U2 tour...$18,000. 54 hours spent six feet from your favorite guitarist....

priceless.

You can't put a price on dreams coming true.

:
smile.gif
)
dawn

I know that I am at least $2000 in debt because of U2 this year. I had to get most of my tickets from brokers, had to travel out of town, at least one night, two nights twice. Gas, hotels, travel expenses, t-shirts, program, keychain, pics, and of course the tickets. All chasing a dream- meeting the band. I never did.
frown.gif
Sure the shows were great but I really wanted to meet them and talk to them. It was worth it but I admit to going to repeat shows in hopes of increasing my chances. Now I am left with the memories, and the bills- most at over 23% interest. Do ya think Bono will help with our debt relief?
wink.gif

"The percentage you're paying is too high priced
while you're living beyond all your means
and the man in the suit has just bought a new car
with the profit he's made on your dreams
-------Steve Winwood and Traffic

That's my story.

------------------
"Walk On, stay safe tonight"

It would have been a few hundred US (2 shows and a bunch of stuff) but then I just had to go to Slane 1 so I don't even want to think about how much I spent in total on U2 last year! I do know that the credit card bill keeps coming as a friendly reminder...

------------------
I had the loudest mouth. When we formed the group, I was the lead guitar player, singer and songwriter. Nobody talked back at first. But then they talked me out of being lead guitar player and into being the rythm guitar player and into just being the singer. And then they tried to talk me out of being the singer and into being the manager. But I held on to that. Arrogance may have been the reason. - Bono

As a vehicle it has its limitations: it probably wouldn't get you to work and back. But it could make someone a fantastic cocktail bar. - Edge on the lemon

all told, I probably spent about $1,000 between airfare, tickets, hotel, food, souveniers, U2 product, extra stuff, etc. $800 is a lotta money for someone who is *unemployed.*

But YES I'd definitely do it all again!!!
smile.gif

I probably spent around $3000-4000 all told for this tour, but then again I would spend my last nickel to see a U2 show.

------------------
We sometimes catch a window
A glimpse of what's beyond
Was it just imagination
Stringing us along?
More things than are dreamed about
Unseen and unexplained
We suspend our disbelief
And we are entertained

--Mystic Rhythms

Just did my Finances from 01. I spent a couple thousand dollars on U2. Am I alone?

6 shows, travel, hotels,CD?s, boot CD?s, videos, books, posters, t-shirts ect. Wow it adds up.
I WOULD DO IT AGAIN
smile.gif

Please tell me I am not alone.

------------------
Dream up the kind of world you want to live in.
Dream OUTLOUD. At HIGH VOLUME.
Peace to U2 and 2U
U2Byrd
3d.gif

You're not alone. I track my finances on Quicken and have a category called U2.

2001 total exceeds USD5,000; (shows, travel, misc. etc.)

Would also do it all again!!

Ay, ay, ay, I don't want to know, so I won't do the math.
Hubby and I bought and used 10 tickets(5 dif. shows), add to that film, souvenirs, gas,
over priced food, etc
eek.gif
But I'll do again and again any time!
smile.gif

Oh wait I forgot to mention albums, singles, dvds, books, magazines...Ay!

[This message has been edited by NicaMom (edited 01-07-2002).]

I haven't added it all up, but just as an example:
Minneapolis GC ticket $140
2 Chicago GA tickets $100
1 Boston 4 GA ticket from a scalper at the last minute $150ish (I forget exactly)
Air travel to Boston purchased one day in advanced $600 (ouch!)
Air travel to Vegas $280

Not to mention all the books, singles, and albums or the postage and blank CDRs purchased for bootleg trading.
eek.gif

Rough estimate? Over $1300 spent on U2 last year.

Yikes.

-sula

I hate to say your not alone....Miami 1, all the MSG shows, not mention Slane 2....

plus all the little things, like t-shirts, beer & partying before & after...yeah, i wish they offered rebates or something....

Glad to see I am not alone. I think the pictures I took average 8 rolls per show 6 shows that is a lot of film developed. But man I have some GREAT pictures and memories.

about $500 on one show (Slane), but it was money worth spending

------------------
"The bass player's got it. The bass player's fucking got it." Bono, Boston 6-9-01

About $750.00 on tickets...but only went to local shows, so no real travel expenses.
I'm sure when I add in film, food etc. it pushes $1000.

And if you factor in the DVD player I bought myself as a Christmas present because U2 put out a DVD, add another $220.

About $230. Saw 2 local shows, 1 GC seat $85 and 2 GA tix $90 + t shirt.

Also bought a DVD player for the U2 DVD.

Almost went to Dallas to see them again, thought I had great tickets (bought 2 sets of ticketx and great seats ended up being cancelled) but didn't end up going due to airfare going up to much. I really wish I had gone!

------------------
"There's a lot of real rubbish going on about new music & old music, can I just say we play U2 music? Is that OK?" - Bono, Us Festival 5/30/83

4 shows + no travel=1800.00 US dollars
Brought my brother to one show - his cost 100.00
Brought my sister to one show - her cost 100.00
Brought my daughter to 2 shows - her cost 0 ( what a lucky girl )

Back
Top Bottom