Just called my local radio station...

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Miggy D

War Child
Called the San Francisco station Alice 97.3. I'm not sure if I was on the air...I may well have been since I called the Request Line. I asked them if they were going to play Vertigo soon since it was played in New York. They said they couldn't play it yet because it was a leak and they didn't have a copy. So I said, "Would you like me to send it to you? I have a copy on my computer." And the DJ said, "No, we have to get a confirmation from our label to make sure everything is legal." And I said, "That's understandable." But then she said, "How does it sound?" And I said, "It rocks! It's like U2 in the 80s. They sound great and it knocks you out of your chair." She said, "Yeah one of our reps heard it and said the same thing." I said, "Yeah, it's much more immediately accessible than Beautiful Day, right off the bat." "Awesome! We'll play it as soon as possible," she replied.

Woohoo!

I'm glad she was honest!! But sorry for them. Tomorrow everyone will have heard it and U2 is BACK!!!! Right in you face JET, STROKES, VINES AND WHITE STRIPES!!

U2 OWNS LA RADIO!

I POSTED THIS ALREADY SOMEPLACE ELSE...

KROQ IS PLAYING IT EVERY HOUR ON THE HOUR. I'M SO HAPPY! THEY JUST PLAYED PLAYED VERTIGO AND I WILL FOLLOW BACK TO BACK--U2 FULL CIRCLE! WE'RE TAKING BACK THE RADIO WAVES! WHEREEVER YOU ARE, CALL AND E-MAIL YOU STATION AND MAKE A LOT OF NOISE SO WE CAN PUSH THE BOYS TO THE TOP OF THE RADIO CHARTS! WE NEED TO LET THEM KNOW THIS IS THE KIND OF MUSIC WE WANT TO HEAR!

VERTIGO IS THE U2 WE'VE BEEN HOPING WOULD COME BACK!!!!!!!

LORD HAVE MERCY!

Back
Top Bottom