Just bought the Rattle & Hum DVD

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

impy13

ONE love, blood, life
First thing I did was put on Exit.

All I have to say is

holy fuckin hell thats incredible

I'm watching Exit again already

:ohmy:

Always loved it, but it's a serious top ten contender now.

I thought it was a kind of disappointing DVD. I thought it was especially lame how the tracklisting on the back of the box includes songs which are played for 20 seconds or as snippets... wow.

Bad is great, but Bono with those suspenders and the trousers up above his belly button

not so good

Hey guys, you have to remenber that those were the 80´s. Everyone was a little wacky back then. Even U2 was a bit weird.

Times change. A few years from now you will be all laughing at how you dress now.

And for all of those that bought records by Cindy Lauper (Girls just want to have fun) back in the 80´s are probably thinking now..."Whadafukk was I thinkin´about?!"
:huh:

Exit is a great studio track taken to even greater heights during Rattle & Hum! :up:

I rented the VHS once. Never seen it on DVD.

the performances are great, EXIT and BAD being my two favorite versions ever of those songs.

But some of the conversations and other stuff on it, i dont know. Still, overall a great DVD and a must have for a u2 fan.

inmyplace13 said:
Bad is great, but Bono with those suspenders and the trousers up above his belly button

not so good

MUST...REMEMBER...THIS...IS...NOT...THE...PLEBA...FORUM

Bono in Bad :drool:

Windmilllane said:

Remember, this was 1987...

i know, i was just kidding around

i need to get my hands on the UABRS video then :hmm:

BigMacPhisto said:
I wonder if any 80's geeks thought they could watch it this way:

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B000AOEN72/102-1746942-2036100?v=glance&n=130&s=dvd&v=glance

And weren't there recent rumors about a two disc set or something? :eyebrow:

I don't need a PSP version - but that 2-disc set would be great. For years, fans have traded bootleg videos of the extra footage from R&H. I think recently some full bootleg concerts came about from this extra footage as well (and good quality too!). With all this extra footage, this DVD is just screaming for a 2 or even 3 disc set! Furthermore, enough time has passed that I'd love to hear a U2 audio commentary on the songs, the stories, the thinking at that time, etc. Considering this was a real movie released to theaters, I'm quite disappointed that U2 hasn't done more with it.

I bought a brand new VHS copy of it about two weeks ago for just a quid.

Put it in the machine, and before I'd got half way through, the whole thing had spewed out and chewed up inside the recorder.

It's DVD for me all the way from now on.

Ellay said:
I bought a brand new VHS copy of it about two weeks ago for just a quid.

Put it in the machine, and before I'd got half way through, the whole thing had spewed out and chewed up inside the recorder.

It's DVD for me all the way from now on.

But watch out for that DVD rot thingy.

Usually affects recordable DVDs, but I remember official CDs suffering from rot (the record companies replaced them for free).

But if you hang on 10 years, you'll be able to get the U2 holopod.
A gadget that will 'beam' U2 inside your house, flat, bedroom, toilet etc and enable you to interact with the life-sized band.

I think some girls (and guys) would like to beam the boys into their beds ;)

Back
Top Bottom