Just bought Limited Edition boxset

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Thanksandy

Acrobat
I saw an earlier thread regarding how people are going to buy the new album. Amazon and HMV have been mentioned, but whereas Amazon have the boxset at £19.99 and HMV have it at £22.99, I bought it from Virgin for £15.99!

It's definitely the right version as they had three different types listed, audio CD only, CD+DVD, Limited Edition Boxset. None of the sites seem to mention the 48 page booklet, just the Audio CD, DVD and "Special Packaging", which I presume includes the booklet.

What version of the album are you going to buy?

1) Standalone CD

2) CD with DVD

3) CD with DVD plus 48 page booklet

gotta go with 3, I'll kill myself later if I dont get it. It better include "Fast Cars" if I'm going to pay like $40 for it.

I'm having problems....the Amazon site has a Deluxe set and a Collector's edition. Neither mention a DVD or a booklet, which do I want? Is there another retailer that has a little more clarity about this?

Well here is another snag. I just went to Amazon and they didn't even mention the other editions. I also went to Barnes and Noble and they mention the limited edition set but only talked about the CD. Now I am getting confused.

Check out the Limited Edition Box on virginmegastores.co.uk. You'll also see the other items on offer, which they list as the Brilliant Box (CD Only) for £9.99., Cd/Dvd Brilliant Box (CD+DVD) for £11.99. The Limited Edition box is £7 cheaper than what HMV are quoting.

They don't have a tracklisting, but it should have Fast Cars, as this is included in the UK release according to some retail websites

ah what the hell! ordered mine from virgin too! had a look at play247.com and they were £1 dearer was hoping they had more info too! This limited edition must have the book! anyway on the 22nd if I have not got it by then will still go into town and buy the normal version, was thinking of keeping the box set in pristine condition to help my pension in later life! lol

At the listening session for the Dutch press we got a leaflet that mentions the formats in which the album will be released. There are the following four:

- Normal CD
- Vinyl
- Double album (that means a cd and a dvd)
- Special limited edition (cd, dvd and book)

I am going to Best Buy (they always have deluxe editions in stock) and I am buying option C.

I really really really really hope it has Fast Cars. If not, I may be doing some undercover work with the Japanese... :evil: :sexywink:

Murray said:
I am going to Best Buy (they always have deluxe editions in stock) and I am buying option C.

Same here! Although i have to after school :( If they dont have the deluxe i will drive all over.

Back
Top Bottom