June 9th, 2001..a date in U2 History..

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

June 9th 2001.. what kind of a date in U2 History is it?

• d, it was a glorious moment for the fans and a stupid move on your part..

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Ah, diamond's "incident"...at first I thought this thread was about one of the worst moments in U2 history, the Boston fan picking where attractive people were let into the heart for the DVD shooting. :down:

Ah, diamond's "incident"...at first I thought this thread was about one of the worst moments in U2 history, the Boston fan picking where attractive people were let into the heart for the DVD shooting. :down:

i was against that.

what was worse is when fans than sat down during the first song.

<>

sorry about the dog D.

Remember the rainbow bridge.

I think my grandfather said once, "the reason we outlive our pets is because if it were the other way around then who the hell would take care of them after we died?" He had a point. He hunted a lot, once he fixed squirrels for my cousin and i, he cooked their heads in a stew and he left the eyeballs in them so "they can see who's eating them" or so he said. The brains were the best part, after dinner my cousin started to feel funny and he went outside. It was his first time. I went outside to see what cousin was doing and found him up in a tree running around. I went back inside and told grandpa "cousin is up in the tree, what do we do?" He just shrugged it off and said, "dont mind him, he's just looking for some nuts".

have the best day

Oh...what a night! Good times, good memories, good shows! But uh...since I didn't know you yet, I must admit I was quite shocked and concerned for Bono's safety! That said, if I recall he protected you from security, kept on singing, and ultimately (even tho it was certainly a silly/drunk/stupid move on your part) no harm was done! I'm sure Bono thinks that all's well that ends with you in a Santa hat in Portland anyway!!:hug:

Attachments

• diamondandmel.jpg
    diamondandmel.jpg
    25.6 KB · Views: 19
For reals? :sad: I'm so sorry. :hug:

Thanks so much, I appreciate kind words from people like you, Mia and Mrs Garrison.

She was a rescue dog, part Rottie and Spaniel black w beautiful markings, a dog that would continually reciprocated our love.
She was a nooodge, always wanted to go on walks and always wanted attention.

Here's her doggie obit/letter we sent out:

Friends,

Thank you for all the kindness and concern you have expressed over our dog, Pepper, an 11 year old Spring Spaniel mix. Pepper passed away peacefully at home in my husband's and my arms this morning. She had been diagnosed with inoperable liver cancer recently and we had to put her down Friday 6/10/08 due to her health deteriorating precipitously in recent weeks.

Pepper was a beloved dog whom I rescued about 5 years from a former owner who was threatening to release her in the desert. She was a brilliant creature (aced the "super intelligent" canine tests!) who loved all people. We will always treasure and laugh at the wonderful memories—although she was playful and extremely affectionate, she had some adorable capers that make me smile as I am writing this. The joy she brought to us was immeasurable.

Sally & David Schroeder

PS-
Her last days were tough. She only let us feed her ice cream turning her nose up at everything. This was not our Pepper, she was truly sick with a very bloated stomach, and passed after enjoying a few tablespoons of vanilla peanut butter chunk before she departed.

Dave

Heres a pic:

000_0780.jpg

And here's where were going next month to pick out a new puppy:

http://www.utahbeaglebarn.com/

Thx guys

:hug:

<>

I want to know of the chance of me being able to befriend the following posters in this thread:

DreamOutLoud13, Galeongirl, Headache in a Suitcase, impy13, Joey788, kassandra, Kiki, Mrs. Garrison, MrsSpringsteen, mysterious_jen, TheBrazilianFly, U2isthebest, vaz02.

:D

<>

Oh...what a night! Good times, good memories, good shows! But uh...since I didn't know you yet, I must admit I was quite shocked and concerned for Bono's safety! That said, if I recall he protected you from security, kept on singing, and ultimately (even tho it was certainly a silly/drunk/stupid move on your part) no harm was done! I'm sure Bono thinks that all's well that ends with you in a Santa hat in Portland anyway!!:hug:

M-

That's a great pic, you looked absolutely beautiful that night.

Hope your friends had a good time.

<>

Uh... :uhoh:

Honestly, I don't think it would work out between the two of us *backs away*

DOL,

Most have changed their minds when meeting me in public, some have not..and some are in the process of changing their minds..

Change is something that is constant in this life; also nothing is permanent in this life or the next.

So, just think about that.

<>

I absolutely loved that night. Think of it every June 9th. Dave, the ten people I was at the concert with thought it was a fun moment. I love hearing the recording of the blessed event on the bootleg.

Peace Brother - I have enjoyed being your friend.

I want to know of the chance of me being able to befriend the following posters in this thread:

DreamOutLoud13, Galeongirl, Headache in a Suitcase, impy13, Joey788, kassandra, Kiki, Mrs. Garrison, MrsSpringsteen, mysterious_jen, TheBrazilianFly, U2isthebest, vaz02.

:D

<>

Diamond, your already my friend. Always have been. Your dog Pepper was beautiful, it's hard to read these things sometimes without having some type of memory of a pet who left this world. A friend of mine had a similiar looking dog named Pepper that passed on a few months back, he was devistated, i totally understood then and i do understand how you feel now by all means. You all will see her again.

Back
Top Bottom