Joshua Tree turns 20

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
wrong album right?

Zootlesque said:
Edge says "song by song this is really our best album" which I don't know how he can say that with classics like Achtung and Joshua in the picture. But I guess an artist always promotes his/her latest work the most. So whatever.

What makes you think this isn't his legitimately honest opinion though?

They weren't promoting JT when they said it was their best album yet, or when they used the "chopping down JT" line to sell AB?

Re: wrong album right?

U2girl said:

What makes you think this isn't his legitimately honest opinion though?

They weren't promoting JT when they said it was their best album yet, or when they used the "chopping down JT" line to sell AB?

I don't know. None of us can ever know what he truly feels. But I might lose respect for him if he seriously thinks that the Bomb, an album with nothing new or exciting in terms of guitar music, is the best of the lot.

And what you said about JT & AB just proves that he probably doesn't mean it. They're just trying to sell the latest record with statements like "chopping down the joshua tree" or "song by song our best album".

Re: Re: wrong album right?

Zootlesque said:

I don't know. None of us can ever know what he truly feels. But I might lose respect for him if he seriously thinks that the Bomb, an album with nothing new or exciting in terms of guitar music, is the best of the lot.

He should be proud of HTDAAB. It's one of their best albums. Infact, it's their 3rd best album. The songs are all very good.

Re: Re: wrong album right?

Zootlesque said:

And what you said about JT & AB just proves that he probably doesn't mean it. They're just trying to sell the latest record with statements like "chopping down the joshua tree" or "song by song our best album".

True, we don't know how he really feels and maybe some of it is selling the album. Then again, JT was their best album to date so they weren't wrong about that.

But it is the general opinion on this forum that it is a strong collection of songs, so in that aspect he has a point.

:yes: :sexywink: Happy 20th Birthday JT! i will NOT tell you how old I was when I bought the album..cuz i loved that cover!:drool: and the tape so i too, could play it on my walkman! i had to go to my friend's house to watch the video 'With or Without You'! Did not have mtv back then!! And I remember being so proud of :my Guys' on the cover of Time And won at the Grammys!:applaud: :hyper:

Back
Top Bottom