Joshua Tree trivia

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Assuming it's an interesting word, I don't know. I thought it might be "rain"--which is in "Streets," "Bullet," "Running To Stand Still," "One Tree Hill," and maybe others--but it isn't.

U2SavesTheWorld said:
Is 'run' in Exit?

Hmmm, no it's not, but that is the 10th song, so maybe he meant not including that one? I don't know, it's in all the others and not WOWY or TTYW.

*must get back to studying for repro test!!!* :mad: :scream:

One Tree Still said:
There is a word that appears in 8 of the first 10 songs on JT - missing in WOWY and TTYW, but is prevalent in the other 8.

What is it?

How can you say there is a word that appears in 8 of the first 10 songs if its missing in WOWY and TTYW?? And what do you mean prevalent in the other 8? Including all 10? Even though you said its in the first 8 of 10 songs?

:banghead:

:crazy:

EDIT: nevermind.. I think I understand the question. :crack:

Re: Re: Joshua Tree trivia

Sicy said:

How can you say there is a word that appears in 8 of the first 10 songs if its missing in WOWY and TTYW?? And what do you mean prevalent in the other 8? Including all 10? Even though you said its in the first 8 of 10 songs?

I had the same thought though. Wouldn't you just say, "Its in ever song but the MOTD, WOWY, and TTYW"?

My brain just exploded.

Re: Re: Joshua Tree trivia

Sicy said:

Well, I was confused initially as well, but if you really think about it, the post does make sense. One Tree Hill didn't say the word appears in 8 out of 10 songs successively. The statement is simply saying that in 8 songs (up to and including the 10th song, 'Exit') you will find the same word. Not in 8 songs in a row. By saying the word is prevelent in the other 8, I take it it means "the first 10 songs other than the two that don't include the word."

It's very simple. ;)

Sorry everyone - I posted and then left for the day - AND I screwed up!

The word does not appear in Exit - I always think of Exit as 11 because on my copy of JT, the cd player reads the outro to one Tree Hill as 10 (anyone else's disc do that?)

Anyway, the word is Run (or running)

1. WWTHNN - "I want to run..."
2. ISHFWILF - "I have run I have crawled...yes I'm still running..."
4. BTBS - "...see the face of fear, running scared..."
5. RTSS - "...she's running to stand still..."
6. RHMT - "...the blood runs cold..."
7. IGC - "...the river runs but soon runs..."
9. OTH - "...we run like a river..."

I was listening Friday night in the car when this hit me.

I suppose "in" would work as well - but that is a much more common word than "run". I think "in" appears in every song on JT doesn't it?

Sorry for the frustration!

Back
Top Bottom