joshua tree concert cd question

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

artinis1

The Fly
from nick,

i just got done watching the joshua tree greatest album special on vh1 classic, so naturally i went to find the bootleg called back in denver which is a remaster of caught on 35mm, anyway, the sound on this show is really great, is this the best sounding show from that tour and i always thought that one tree hill was on there, but no, what is the best sounding live version of one tree hill, any info is appreciated, i really wish the fan club would release a live cd from this legendary tour,

Best sounding live One Tree Hill would be one of the soundboards from the four Dublin Lovetown shows. The pick of the bunch is the 26 December 1989 show.

Axver said:
Best sounding live One Tree Hill would be one of the soundboards from the four Dublin Lovetown shows. The pick of the bunch is the 26 December 1989 show.

Best version of One Tree Hill EVER.

from nick,

hey guys, thanks for the info, would that be xmas at the pointe or at the eleventh hour, again thanks for getting back to me, and is the denver 87 the best sounding joshua tree show, happy holidays

Caught on 35MM never featured One Tree Hill, but it did feature Gloria, Spanish Eyes, Help and the Unforgettable Fire. One of my favorite boots.

artinis1 said:
from nick,

hey guys, thanks for the info, would that be xmas at the pointe or at the eleventh hour, again thanks for getting back to me, and is the denver 87 the best sounding joshua tree show, happy holidays

Yeah, Xmas At The Point is the one I was referring to. Mindblowing OTH there.

I haven't listened to my bootlegs for a while, so I'm not sure which JT Tour boot has the best sound. I know the 18 November 1987, Los Angeles show is soundboard too. And 29 April 1987, Chicago may be an audience recording, but it sounds bloody great; I've seen some people try to pass it off as a soundboard.

Axver said:

Absolutely :yes:

Back
Top Bottom