Joshua Tree Appreciation Thread

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Retaliation is a somewhat harsh word there my AcrobatMan friend...and I'm sure that Sula's post was in no way a slam, or to state that it is better than any other U2 album, or even it's best U2 album. I just don't think it was a good choice of word to begin talking about such a great album as the Joshua Tree.

On a side note, who could have guessed, not even Sula
wink.gif
, that her thread would start more threads just like hers.

Chris

[This message has been edited by spanisheyes (edited 05-17-2002).]

Pretty good bro. Been listening to Pop...it's Friday...and going to Star Wars last night was fun.

How bout yourself?

It's Friday, and I'm ready for the weekend!...I've been listening to U2's first show in California from March 15, 1981, a concert I was suppose to go to, but when I went to get tickets, it was sold out 5 minutes before getting there, oh, and I also listened to Zooropa in honor of your thread...also, I think I'm going to try and go watch Spiderman first, and then possibly Star Wars as well...I'll let you know how I like them.

Chris

yeah, I need to bring some bootlegs to work with me. Spiderman was actually decent...didn't think I'd go but I ended up there with a friend last weekend and did enjoy it. They got the casting right in any case.
smile.gif
Star Wars was fun, but Anakin Skywalker looks VERY much like my kid brother.
eek.gif
Surreal.

Hmm. Hoping to cram in some good research time tomorrow down at the business library in St. Paul. Have to get cracking on that 40 page finance paper... writing it on the World Bank, IMF and their role in 3rd world debt relief. (hmm, where could I have gotten interested in THAT topic?
wink.gif
) But on Sunday, the intrepid Twin Cities U2 fans are planning to meet up for brunch at our favorite little Irish pub. Should be good fun as always.
smile.gif

I haven't listened to JT for a little while, but I just finished vacuumin' the house and was singin' all my fave JT songs. I love vacuumin' when nobody else is around...I can belt out U2 songs to my heart's content!
biggrin.gif

------------------
"Frisbetarians believe that when they die their soul goes up on the roof, and they can't get it down."

Bonochick's Place

Originally posted by BEAL:
it's just a word guys. I don't think acrobatman was doing any harm, I think he was trying to show some fun.

no reason to act stuck up.

Thanks, someone needed to say it.

Originally posted by mug222:
What are you curious about? It was a rude response to an innocuous post.

Excuse me? Kindly refrain from inserting words credited to me that were never spoken by me. And speaking of rudeness, I'm afraid I have yet to run across a post of yours that wasn't.

Originally posted by sulawesigirl4:
Excuse me? Kindly refrain from inserting words credited to me that were never spoken by me. And speaking of rudeness, I'm afraid I have yet to run across a post of yours that wasn't.

I was summing up the tone of your post, not attributing words to you.

Acrobatman made a nice topic, and you immediately became snide, as BEAL duly noted. That's all I was commenting on.

(p.s. You may want to edit your incorrect parallel syntax. My posts are "rude," not "rudeness.")

[This message has been edited by mug222 (edited 05-17-2002).]

Originally posted by Bonochick:
Let's get the thread back on track!!!!

Yes, good idea! I remember when JT first came out and it was nominated for album of the year, up against Michael Jackson and I was rooting for Michael!!!! Best opening three songs on any album I've ever heard. Streets, ISHFWILF and WOWY... incredible!!! Red hill mining town is another great tune (too bad Bono can't sing it live
frown.gif
), Exit, One Tree Hill... good stuff!

------------------
Don't let the bastards grind you down.

Zooropa FTP

[This message has been edited by Zooropa (edited 05-17-2002).]

I appreciate the Joshua Tree.

------------------
Sexy poshin' sugar snarlin' rock and roll ...
sicy@interference.com
My Lair

Originally posted by sulawesigirl4:
Retaliation?

Methinks somebody needs to get a life. It's not a contest.

it's just a word guys. I don't think acrobatman was doing any harm, I think he was trying to show some fun.

no reason to act stuck up.

SULA : Sorry dear !! It was just for good fun ( atleast I thought so ) . Sorry if I offended, hurt or harmed Sula or anyone else
frown.gif

BEAL : Well you got it right

I like Zoroopa but The Joshua Tree , in my humble opinion, is the best tree ever ( oops I mean the best album ever )Each song on the album rocks ! Zooropa is a good album but..
TJT rules

OK now !! This thread has less response to Zoroopa thread !!

Come on ..Fight .. ..Argue ..Run .. Hide..Tear
smile.gif

AcrobatMan
" Run Hide Tear" - Bono

My ranking of joshua tree songs

1)Where streets
1)== I Still
1) == Red Hill Mining
1) == Exit
1) == Mother of the disappeared
1 == God Country
1) == Bullet the blue Sky
1) == One Tree hill
9) Running to a stand still
9) == WOWY
11) Trip

I think there are 8 songs better than WOWY and WOWY is a great great song. Thats the quality of The Joshua Tree.

Originally posted by AcrobatMan:
I third that !!!

Any more TJT fans here..Any story or incident relating to any TJT song you want to tell.

Bono in one of the live performance at the start of WOWY says "if you were born 10 months after this came out , this is for you " Whom is he talking about ?

Beal, your favorite song on TJT ?
Sula, your favorite song on TJT ?
Spinning, your favorite song on TJT ?
abel, your favorite song on TJT ?
spinning, your favorite song on TJT ?
wanderer, your favorite song on TJT ?
johnny, your favorite song on TJT ?

I have 8 equally favorite one, see mesg above.

AcrobatMan

Back
Top Bottom