Jon Stewart talks about Bono on Letterman

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Auxtung Beibi

Babyface
Jon Stewart, host of the Grammys and "The Daily Show" (the BEST thing on TV right now), talked with David Letterman about stars at the Grammys. This is all paraphrased, BTW, so I apologize in advance to you nitpickers
smile.gif

DL: So did you talk with anyone back stage at the Grammys?

JS: Well, the stars were real excited to see each other, then I'd introduce myself, "Hey! I'm the host!" and they'd be all, "Uh, I've never heard of you."

JS: Actually... Bono, the only one who talked to me was Bono.

DL: What'd he talk about?

JS: I dunno, going to someplace to save something or another... typical Bono stuff.

JS: Y'know, there are multiple Bonos. There was one at the Grammys, there's one in Namibia right, one meeting with the president... he is one cloned man.

Sorry, you kinda have to be familiar with Jon Stewart and imagine him delivering those lines. I swear it was frickin' hilarious
smile.gif
Oh well, maybe they'll rerun it sometime.

Jon Stewart is hilarious.

------------------
"Hallelujah, Heaven's white rose,
The doors you open...I just can't close..."

I remember in 1993 when he had The John Stewart show on MTV he said Bono was going to be on it. I never saw it, I wonder if Bono really showed up or if it was a skit.

------------------
The more of these I drink the more Bono makes sense.. - Bean from the KROQ Breakfast with U2.

I have a Bono skit on the Daily show recorded. It's about the Drop the Debt campaign and it's feckin' hilarious. zonelistener, ali rose, and Lilly can attest to that.
biggrin.gif

Originally posted by sulawesigirl4:
I have a Bono skit on the Daily show recorded. It's about the Drop the Debt campaign and it's feckin' hilarious. zonelistener, ali rose, and Lilly can attest to that.
biggrin.gif

OMC, it is SOOOO hilarious!

JS: So what you're saying is that I give you $20, you don't give it back, Bono sings a song, and everything is ok again?

Stephen Colbert: Well, yes, and one more thing. You need to say you're sorry.

That was grrreeeeaaat!

------------------
Every question possesses a power that does not lie in the answer.

Back
Top Bottom