joking on bono

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

phommel

Refugee
Look what i found on the internet. what do we think about this? seems that some people are annoyed by Bono doing this DATA/poverty thing? Or is it just a joke?

http://www.wellcoolstuff.com/Mercha...en=PROD&Product_Code=MBHTS6926&Category_Code=

metoony13.jpg

That's so distasteful - certainly doesn't look like a joke to me. Sad thing is, there are people out there who will buy something like that. :madspit:

GibsonGirl said:
That's so distasteful - certainly doesn't look like a joke to me. Sad thing is, there are people out there who will buy something like that. :madspit:

And even more sad than that is the fact that those people think that they're being funny, when really, they're just adding to the problem that Bono is trying to fight.

Well this is from a site with such tasteful products as "Gothic Stuff" (come on, gothic people are worthless), "Hemp Clothing," "Sex Toys," "Rude Gifts," "Stag/Hen Night Stuff,"Fake ID's," and "Cannbis Seeds."

and most of their other shirts suck too.

So, it doesn't really surprise me. But I would punch someone in the face if they had on that shirt.

AtomicBono said:
Well this is from a site with such tasteful products as "Gothic Stuff" (come on, gothic people are worthless

You're kidding about that, right?

I've been part of goth culture (obviously not the violent sector/kind that makes headlines) for over 10 years now and so are other Interferencers.

corianderstem said:
I don't think it's anything to get worked up about.

i think you underestimate U2 fans, we can get worked up about anything :wink:

it's not that bad, think its pretty funny actually. if Bono saw it, he would probably laugh.

On Popmart, didnt he grab a guy who was wearing a KILL BONO or FUCK BONO shirt or something like that. He took his shirt and wore it for a song. something like that....

no big deal.

I have a friend who is into the gothic thing and she's one of the nicest people you can meet. As for the shirt you just have to take it with a grain of salt. Who knows Bono would probably laugh about it! lol. I don't think they are undermining his efforts look at how much progress he has made!

u2wedge said:
C'mon guys lighten up... it's a parody!

I know someone who lightened up at parodies for 10 years and he was the nicest guy!

:wink:

why all the moaning? it's only a joke.

though I'd sooner have 'Make Doherty History'

Well yes, but I wouldn't even allow myself to type his name on the internet, much less wear a shirt with his name.

:wink:

I laughed. :)

AtomicBono said:
Well this is from a site with such tasteful products as "Gothic Stuff" (come on, gothic people are worthless), "Hemp Clothing," "Sex Toys," "Rude Gifts," "Stag/Hen Night Stuff,"Fake ID's," and "Cannbis Seeds."

and most of their other shirts suck too.

So, it doesn't really surprise me. But I would punch someone in the face if they had on that shirt.

Aren't you quite the arbiter of good taste and tolerance? :eyebrow:

I love Bono and think the shirt is funny! Hating goth people is not! Dishing any group of people is a waste of time and energy. Make love, not war!

remember the "Kill Bono" shirts from the early 90's that came about after the fiasco with SST records and Negativland?

"I'm sick of Bono, and I am Bono."

Seems even the man in question is in the t-shirt slogan business.

AtomicBono said:
(come on, gothic people are worthless)
:down: :down: :down:

i can't even begin to tell you how completely unnecessary, and just plain fucking rude that is.

I'd wear the T shirt! For the pure irony :laugh:

Speaking of irony, I'm not convinced that AtomicBono was being 100% serious on that gothic comment ..

{paintedroses} said:
Speaking of irony, I'm not convinced that AtomicBono was being 100% serious on that gothic comment ..

I hope she wasn't :) (I'd hate for her to think I or anyone else were worthless.)

Bono makes history (with or without U2).

Making slogans like that says more about the shirt-makers than him anyway.

Last edited:
I think it's quite funny actually....Bono's not the only celeb these people joke about....

Back
Top Bottom