Johnny Cash

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

JezSnape

Rock n' Roll Doggie Band-aid
I just saw the commercial to Johnny Cash's latest record, a sort of greatest hits... anyway, I think I heard him sing "One"? Anyone knows where I can hear this? My dad is a Johnny Cash fan, and maybe now I can get him to like U2 too...

It is.

*coincidentally listening to Johnny Cash at the moment: his original rendition of Delia's Gone*

I have to confess I still don't own any of his American Recordings albums. But when I was in Boston in December I saw the The Legend boxset on offer ($30) and of course had to get it. Excellent stuff. :up:

(for those wondering, n.p.: In The Jailhouse Now)

Popmartijn said:
It is.

*coincidentally listening to Johnny Cash at the moment: his original rendition of Delia's Gone*

Delia's Gone is a fine tune indeed. I really like "Drive On" from that same album.

I'm now ordering the album "The Man Comes Around" by the late JC. Can't wait to hear "Hurt". Anyone know if the rest of the album is solid?

Knuckle said:

Delia's Gone is a fine tune indeed. I really like "Drive On" from that same album.

I'm now ordering the album "The Man Comes Around" by the late JC. Can't wait to hear "Hurt". Anyone know if the rest of the album is solid?

Yes. The rest of the album is very, very good.

My dad has loads of Cash Cd's (and probably LP's as well), but I have to say, I prefer the older ones. I don't think dad has anything of the new stuff, if you don't count the Mercury Years collection... I'm not really a huge fan of JC, but I really liked Hurt when I heard that...

namkcuR said:
His cover of Hurt is good.

I should give NIN's 'Downward Spiral' another chance...

I saw this thread right after I finished listening to Johnny's cover of "Hurt". It really is one of the most beautiful and sad recordings that I have ever heard. One of my all time favorites. And the video ain't half bad, either.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom