Joey Ramone 1951-2001

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

RavenStar

Refugee
Now, before you move this to another forum I'll explain why this goes here. The Ramones have influences U2 so much. Not only was In a Little While the last song he heard, Bono was one of the last people he talked to. I think this post should be a tribute to him and The Ramones.

------------------
He who stands atop the highest mountain can see the farthest

Cool idea! Yeah, The Ramones were a HUGE influence on U2 in the early days. They've gotten me curious about them. I'll admit that don't know much about them apart from "I Wanna Be Sedated" and "I Remember" you, but those are both great songs.

------------------
"We're one, but we're not the same..."

http://U2Baby.com

Originally posted by KhanadaRhodes:
but...didn't we have like 800 of these when he died?
i'm not saying he wasn't a great guy or anything but hasn't this been done before?

Well, I think repeated topics are inevitable, as new people are always joining and whatnot.

------------------

We did? I wasnt here a year ago. He did die 1 year ago today...

------------------

if we did this on the anniversaries of everyone's death, that's all we'd have.

i know you weren't here a year ago and i'm not slamming you or anything, i'm just saying...ugh never mind, no one cares anyway.

good post ravenstar. the ramones were hugely influential to u2 and to music in general.

r.i.p. joey.

I agree-they were, and good post too.

In a little while this hurt will hurt no more
I'll be home love
As we all know, this was the song Joey was listening to when he died.

theking.jpg

Originally posted by Screaming Flower:
good post ravenstar. the ramones were hugely influential to u2 and to music in general.

r.i.p. joey.

I'm in total agreement with you Screaming Flower. I have the Elevation Boston tape on the telly, and Bono remark about how U2 looked up to the Ramones,and when Joey was dying in the hospital, Bono felt honored that Joey was listening to In A Little While.

I just know someone out there is already wriring a thread re. the anniversary of George Harrison's death and the influence The Beatles had on U2's music

------------------
Salome
Shake it, shake it, shake it

Originally posted by RavenStar:
We did? I wasnt here a year ago. He did die 1 year ago today...

He did? I wasn't aware of this. Man, I can just picture him lying there in bed listening to "In a Little While" and then dying after the song ended. So sad...

------------------

He did die 1 year ago today...

Wow...I didn't realize it had been a year already...

------------------
"I'm nearly great, but there's something missing..."

i got a joey poster three weeks ago which says joey ramone 1951-2001 its on the wall to the right of my bed that is the only poster that is non u2 thats on my wall(i also got a cbgb,s shirt.now i tell every one that i like u2 and the ramones i actuall like all of their songs.just taped their video collection that was playing on mtv2 and also the movie they made ROCK & ROLL HIGH SCHOOL(its a good movie)cant wait for the ramones tribuet cd(u2 will cover a song its confirmed)

------------------
"BONO'S PRAYER HEAVENS AIR"

ROCK, ROCK, ROCK, ROCK, ROCK&ROLL HIGH SCHOOL.
THE RAMONES

[This message has been edited by shaun vox (edited 04-16-2002).]

Rock n Roll High Scholl is one of my favourites. What suprises me is that about 75% of my school hasn't even heard of the Ramones!

------------------

Hi Ravenstar
I'd not long finished "rock n roll" high school and was working with a band that played Ramones covers back in 1980-1 BC (Before Ckids) Such fond fond memories.

In a little while.....

PS: I was in a doctor's waiting room the other day and was browsing at the bible they had there. I found lyrics from In a Little While and Sinead O'Connor's Black Boy's on Mopeds within a page of one another. It was cool.
(((joey's mum)))

[This message has been edited by cass (edited 04-17-2002).]

yes, and god forbid anyone would think it doesn't belong here, let alone on the forum dedicated to U2's music.

you should maybe try to avoid these kinds of threads in the future. then you might not come off so negative.

Now, before you move this to another forum I'll explain why this goes here. The Ramones have influences U2 so much. Not only was In a Little While the last song he heard, Bono was one of the last people he talked to. I think this post should be a tribute to him and The Ramones.

I just received "The Ramones Anthology" Double disk in the mail today. It is great. Joey is great. My biggest regret is not seeing them during my freshman year of college in '95....RIP

Rock n Roll High Scholl is one of my favourites. What suprises me is that about 75% of my school hasn't even heard of the Ramones!

You've got to be kidding me! How old are these people? Ignorance is a common and bad characteristic in life. But then again, ignorance is somewhat acceptable when young....

Yeah but this isn't anyone. This is Joey Mutherfuckin Ramone. I mean I know I'm like one of like four punks on here (shout out to wannabe) but COME ON! He wasn't just a man he was a legened. I am still broken up about it. Every punk I know has been effected by this, and yes it's been a year but we aren't over it. Besides - Bono would like it.

mad.gif
GAO to those with no love for Joey.

------------------
It's like lotto - you gotta be in it to win it.

Keepin it krunk...

Originally posted by Salome:
I just know someone out there is already wriring a thread re. the anniversary of George Harrison's death and the influence The Beatles had on U2's music

yes, and god forbid anyone would think it doesn't belong here, let alone on the forum dedicated to U2's music.

Originally posted by Screaming Flower:
you should maybe try to avoid these kinds of threads in the future. then you might not come off so negative.

or maybe people could post threads where they're supposed to go. but i suppose that's too much to ask. as it was mentioned in the dmb thread, if people wouldn't post off topic stuff in the U2 threads, people wouldn't have to respond negatively. i just don't understand how hard it is to click on "lemonade stand" instead of "everything you know is wrong" when posting a new thread. it's not like you have to scroll down or anything since lemonade stand is at the top.

Originally posted by notiti:
Every punk I know has been effected by this *snip* GAO to those with no love for Joey.

well, this isn't a punk forum.
i don't have "no love" for joey, but again, i just don't see the big deal with posting things where they belong? it's when people constantly post things in here instead of where they belong (i'm not saying the mods don't do their job, they do.) when the forum gets out of control like it has before with off-topic stuff. and no, it shouldn't just be up to the mods to move what they deem off-topic. they can't be expected to just comb interference all day to move off-topic stuff. again, is it so freaking hard to post things in their correct places?

well, this isn't a punk forum.
i don't have "no love" for joey, but again, i just don't see the big deal with posting things where they belong? it's when people constantly post things in here instead of where they belong (i'm not saying the mods don't do their job, they do.) when the forum gets out of control like it has before with off-topic stuff. and no, it shouldn't just be up to the mods to move what they deem off-topic. they can't be expected to just comb interference all day to move off-topic stuff. again, is it so freaking hard to post things in their correct places?
Holy ruffled feathers....
I think this post is wonderful...and so far it seems to be in the right place...none of the mods have closed it or moved it...so obviously it does belong here.
If it bothers you so much, of which I have NO clue WHY it does, why don't you go to other thread then?
Memorializing Joey is a sweet thing...and if the boys in U2 saw this...I don't think they would have a problem with it...whether this post were to show up here or in Pleba..yadda yadda...
Just smile
biggrin.gif

Trust me...it's alot easier to do that than bitching about a beautiful thread such as this.
Peace.
And yes.
RIP Joey.You're in a better place now.

Khanada why are you so worried about it?

It's mine and the mods jobs to make sure threads are posted where they belong.

------------------
Sooth me mother..

My Lair

Originally posted by Sicy:
Khanada why are you so worried about it?

It's mine and the mods jobs to make sure threads are posted where they belong.

because i know if i did the same thing the thread would be closed and i'd probably be banned within seconds. i don't think it's fair that some threads get closed, moved, etc. while similar ones don't.

Well unfortunatly thats not for you to decide.

And I wouldnt go as far as to mention banning just for posting in the wrong forum.

because i know if i did the same thing the thread would be closed and i'd probably be banned within seconds. i don't think it's fair that some threads get closed, moved, etc. while similar ones don't.

BUT more, importantly it's been a year since the death of Joey Ramone. The one good thing about it however has been the outpouring of support from so many other music commuities that normally had better things to do than fraternize in the sordid lives of punk bands. I thought it was really cool how U2 and Bono were so involved. Who knew. But you know, according to Bono U2's "just a little punk band." So maybe he just relates. Dunno. Spectualtion. Hersay. Rambeling about Joey. Yeah...

------------------
It's like lotto - you gotta be in it to win it.

Keepin it krunk...

Back
Top Bottom