Joey Ramone 1951-2001 - Page 2 - U2 Feedback

Go Back   U2 Feedback > Your Blue Room > Everything You Know Is Wrong > Everything You Know Is Wrong Archive
Click Here to Login

Old 04-17-2002, 07:51 PM   #21
MBH
Acrobat

Local Time: 01:55 AM
Quote:
Originally posted by RavenStar:
Rock n Roll High Scholl is one of my favourites. What suprises me is that about 75% of my school hasn't even heard of the Ramones!

You've got to be kidding me! How old are these people? Ignorance is a common and bad characteristic in life. But then again, ignorance is somewhat acceptable when young....

Old 04-17-2002, 10:39 PM   #22
Refugee

Local Time: 10:55 AM
Quote:
Originally posted by KhanadaRhodes:
if we did this on the anniversaries of everyone's death, that's all we'd have.
Yeah but this isn't anyone. This is Joey Mutherfuckin Ramone. I mean I know I'm like one of like four punks on here (shout out to wannabe) but COME ON! He wasn't just a man he was a legened. I am still broken up about it. Every punk I know has been effected by this, and yes it's been a year but we aren't over it. Besides - Bono would like it.

GAO to those with no love for Joey.

------------------
It's like lotto - you gotta be in it to win it.

Keepin it krunk...

Old 04-18-2002, 02:58 AM   #23
Paper Gods
Forum Administrator

Local Time: 08:55 PM
Quote:
Originally posted by Salome:
I just know someone out there is already wriring a thread re. the anniversary of George Harrison's death and the influence The Beatles had on U2's music
yes, and god forbid anyone would think it doesn't belong here, let alone on the forum dedicated to U2's music.
Old 04-18-2002, 06:05 PM   #24
Paper Gods
Forum Administrator

Quote:
Originally posted by Screaming Flower:
you should maybe try to avoid these kinds of threads in the future. then you might not come off so negative.
or maybe people could post threads where they're supposed to go. but i suppose that's too much to ask. as it was mentioned in the dmb thread, if people wouldn't post off topic stuff in the U2 threads, people wouldn't have to respond negatively. i just don't understand how hard it is to click on "lemonade stand" instead of "everything you know is wrong" when posting a new thread. it's not like you have to scroll down or anything since lemonade stand is at the top.
Old 04-18-2002, 06:09 PM   #25
Paper Gods
Forum Administrator

Quote:
Originally posted by notiti:
Every punk I know has been effected by this *snip* GAO to those with no love for Joey.
well, this isn't a punk forum.
i don't have "no love" for joey, but again, i just don't see the big deal with posting things where they belong? it's when people constantly post things in here instead of where they belong (i'm not saying the mods don't do their job, they do.) when the forum gets out of control like it has before with off-topic stuff. and no, it shouldn't just be up to the mods to move what they deem off-topic. they can't be expected to just comb interference all day to move off-topic stuff. again, is it so freaking hard to post things in their correct places?
Old 04-18-2002, 06:20 PM   #26
Refugee

Local Time: 01:55 AM
Quote:
well, this isn't a punk forum.
i don't have "no love" for joey, but again, i just don't see the big deal with posting things where they belong? it's when people constantly post things in here instead of where they belong (i'm not saying the mods don't do their job, they do.) when the forum gets out of control like it has before with off-topic stuff. and no, it shouldn't just be up to the mods to move what they deem off-topic. they can't be expected to just comb interference all day to move off-topic stuff. again, is it so freaking hard to post things in their correct places?
Holy ruffled feathers....
I think this post is wonderful...and so far it seems to be in the right place...none of the mods have closed it or moved it...so obviously it does belong here.
If it bothers you so much, of which I have NO clue WHY it does, why don't you go to other thread then?
Memorializing Joey is a sweet thing...and if the boys in U2 saw this...I don't think they would have a problem with it...whether this post were to show up here or in Pleba..yadda yadda...
Just smile
Trust me...it's alot easier to do that than bitching about a beautiful thread such as this.
Peace.
And yes.
RIP Joey.You're in a better place now.

Old 04-18-2002, 06:39 PM   #27
Sizzlin' Sicilian
Forum Administrator

Local Time: 05:55 PM
Khanada why are you so worried about it?

It's mine and the mods jobs to make sure threads are posted where they belong.

------------------
Sooth me mother..

My Lair
Old 04-18-2002, 08:50 PM   #28
Paper Gods
Forum Administrator

Quote:
Originally posted by Sicy:
Khanada why are you so worried about it?

It's mine and the mods jobs to make sure threads are posted where they belong.
because i know if i did the same thing the thread would be closed and i'd probably be banned within seconds. i don't think it's fair that some threads get closed, moved, etc. while similar ones don't.
Old 04-18-2002, 08:54 PM   #29
Sizzlin' Sicilian
Forum Administrator

Local Time: 05:55 PM
Well unfortunatly thats not for you to decide.

And I wouldnt go as far as to mention banning just for posting in the wrong forum.
Old 04-18-2002, 11:37 PM   #30
Refugee

Local Time: 10:55 AM
Quote:
because i know if i did the same thing the thread would be closed and i'd probably be banned within seconds. i don't think it's fair that some threads get closed, moved, etc. while similar ones don't.

BUT more, importantly it's been a year since the death of Joey Ramone. The one good thing about it however has been the outpouring of support from so many other music commuities that normally had better things to do than fraternize in the sordid lives of punk bands. I thought it was really cool how U2 and Bono were so involved. Who knew. But you know, according to Bono U2's "just a little punk band." So maybe he just relates. Dunno. Spectualtion. Hersay. Rambeling about Joey. Yeah...

------------------
It's like lotto - you gotta be in it to win it.

Keepin it krunk...