Jewel's New Album -- An Interesting Parallel...

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Achtung Bubba

Refugee
...or an excuse to mention Jewel: You decide.

Anyway, thanks in part to the rancor surrounding the VMA's, I nearly missed this news story, also posted Thursday:

http://dailynews.yahoo.com/h/rolls/20010906/en/new_jewel_due_in_fall_1.html

In brief, Jewel is releasing her third album, This Way, on November 13th in the US. The first single, "Standing Still", will be released to radio stations in October. (As an aside, this is really cool news.
smile.gif
)

Anyway, the interesting bit:

"On the day after the album's release, Jewel will take the stage at New York City's Irving Plaza..."

Hmmm, I wonder where she got that idea.

(Heck, given the title of the first single, I wonder if she's been listening to the Joshua Tree.)

Thinking I'm stretching? Maybe, but Jewel was sighted with another performer at NetAid:

bono_jewel_netaid.jpg

So, lemme see... in the next eight months, there's more US U2 tour dates, the Fellowship of the Ring (the first Lord of the Rings movie), Star Wars Episode II, AND a new Jewel album?

Cooooool!

------------------
- Achtung Bubba

[This message has been edited by Achtung Bubba (edited 09-07-2001).]

Yeah, Jewel is a babe, and her music's good too.
wink.gif

------------------
If I had a head like yours I'd bleedin' bury it.

This is.. uh... we don't play this tune... gonna be f*cked up!

Just want to say-THANKS you guys who posted all these things re. your admiration for Jewel-a CLASSY lady w/ talent and soul. You've restored my faith in the male species! Especially after some of those sights on those "awards" last night.

Originally posted by Achtung Bubba:
[BSo, lemme see... in the next eight months, there's more US U2 tour dates, the Fellowship of the Ring (the first Lord of the Rings movie), Star Wars Episode II, AND a new Jewel album?

Cooooool![/B]

Don't forget <I>Spider Man!</I>

------------------
They want you to be Jesus
They'll go down on one knee
But they'll want their money back
If you're alive at thirty-three
And you're turning tricks
With your crucifix
You're a star

"I can't watch a man sing a song. He gets all emotional, he starts swaying...it's embarrassing!" -- Jerry Seinfeld

Good news bubba, thanks. Just a month too late to be the perfect gift for hub's birthday. He admires Jewel, she is a talented young woman. We had a beautiful pic of her as a background for a while. I of course,especially like the one of her sharing the mic with another very talented and delightful singer
biggrin.gif

AND!!!!even more good news for us....LOTR Part1?!!!!
eek.gif
I didn't realise they were making it book by book.That is great IMHO. I am a bit nervous about it though. I hope they do it justice.

Wow -- thanks for the responses.

I'm glad to see Jewel strikes a chord with so many U2 fans -- I guess fans of a great band tend to actually notice other great artists.
biggrin.gif

So here's two more pics, one really cute one and one drop-dead gorgeous one:

Jewel2.jpg

Jewel.jpg

And if you think Jewel was beautiful on the farce awards show or in these pics, you ought to see her in concert. She radiates.

And, I too am still a bit worried about the LOTR trilogy, but I saw a new commercial for it between when U2 was supposed to perform and when they actually performed.

My lord, it looks awesome!

------------------
- Achtung Bubba

WOW-that last one is the most beautiful pic of her I've ever seen. You guys obviously are impressed by her beauty-and that's great-she's such a natural beauty-but I know you appreciate her other fine attributes as well.

Here's one more for you

36271.JPG

She resembles that Sobieski girl, in the VMA photo... in the face... kind of.

Bubba, I have decided--this is just your excuse to mention Jewel. Oh well, you are forgiven
wink.gif

------------------
"If I am close to the music, and you are close to the music, we are close to each other." -Bono

OK the sentence "DrTeeth <----- pulling a PLEBA" will obviously be taken completely out of context by people like Johnny Swallow and Bonochick but I want you to know it's very immature to make jokes like this although I thought of it first but I'll let myself off the hook so there.

Oh my god, somebody actually likes Jewel. I thought I might be the only one left! It's sad... a lot a people seem to have either forgotten about her or dismissed her as some pretty girl-yodelling-hippy or something. I read a lot of British music mags and they just totally ignore her or think she's self-obsessed or whatever. Wake up, Jewel is fantastic!! I saw her live on the Spirit tour and she totally rocked. Her voice is absolutely gorgeous and she's a great songwriter. Everybody go buy Pieces of You and Spirit, they're beautiful.

Originally posted by Achtung_Bebe:
Bubba, I have decided--this is just your excuse to mention Jewel. Oh well, you are forgiven
wink.gif

Of COURSE it isn't just about mentioning Jewel.

It's about the parallels to U2, the coincidences that are shared by a great rock band and a great singer/songwriter.

...and it's also an excuse to post pictures of Jewel!

biggrin.gif

------------------
- Achtung Bubba

Keep up the good work men
biggrin.gif
The new album may be arriving too late, but this thread itself is fast becoming the icing on his cake.How timely, thanks musiclovers. I recently watched the Woodstock 99 video and her performance there shone.

I really love this forum as of late.
smile.gif

------------------

BTW, Bubba: The next few months are gonna be one helluva ride, and one helluva senior year(for me). And thanks, you reminded me that I never got around to buying "Spirit", which I shall go do now.
smile.gif

------------------

Back
Top Bottom