Jeff Ament comments on U2

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
being a HUGE Pearl Jam fan, I tend to read every single article I can find on the web. And I can say without hesitation that at least 3 members of Pearl Jam are U2 fans. Eddie was a huge U2 fan growing up thru the 80's, he became disenchanted when they went thru their irony-period, but I think he still looks up to the band. Mike McCready is at least a fan of The Edge, he was one of the notables who attended the New York gig in 2001, and has said similar things to what Ament said in other articles. Lastly, Jeff Ament, is too indeed at least influenced at one time or another by U2, I have read this, if i run into the link again I will post it.

The thing is Pearl Jam are much more like U2 were in the 80's, and now maybe they aren't totally enamored with U2 wanting to be the best band in the world, what I have read from McCready and Ament is that they realize that they could be mega-huge, even Bono has told them this, and they fully realize this and simply say, no thanks.

Don't read too much into this. I just think they are comfortable where they are at, and say "we don't won't to be U2". And basically what they mean is (every band wants to be U2) and we don't. Trust me, that comment is more out of respect than anything.

I think the laissez faire approach they're taking is sort of a copout to their lack of recent success, which makes it look like this is "the plan" who knows?

Big time man.

If you don't want to maximize your potential then shut the fuck up PJ.

Some say don't read into it, whatever.

"Bullshit" all the little bands always memtion U2. But PJ is just pathetic because they pissed their place in music history away.

Please argue......

Back
Top Bottom