Jeep Wranglers.....

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Hitman

Acrobat
I'm thinking about buying a Sienna Red Jeep Wrangler......What does everyone think about Jeep Wranglers? Does anyone have any experience driving/owning one? Do you think they are cool?????

------------------
Live As If You'll Die Tomorrow, Dream As If You'll Live Forever!

I almost got run over by one. That's all I know about them.

------------------
"I don't know you,
But you don't know the half of it..."

Yeah, it looked pretty nice...I mean, if I had to pick a vehicle that was going to run me over, that was a decent one to do so.

------------------
"I don't know you,
But you don't know the half of it..."

What year is it?

------------------
~ME THREE

Don't get sentimental
It always ends up drivel

I had a 98 Sahara Wrangler and I loved it.
The newer Jeeps ride a whole lot better then the earlier models.

Make sure it has a soundbar(speakers over your head on the rollbar) or it will be difficult to hear the stereo when the top is off.

It's a cool vehicle. Great in the summer and winter.

Any other questions?

------------------
~ME THREE

Don't get sentimental
It always ends up drivel

Originally posted by U2ME3:

Any other questions?

Did you find lack of storage space to be a problem?

------------------
Live As If You'll Die Tomorrow, Dream As If You'll Live Forever!

Not really. I put a few things behind the back seat but not a whole lot.

It didn't bother me that much.

I've have a 1999 Chili Pepper Red Jeep Wrangler - Soft Top Only.

I've had a few problems with it - but for the most part it has been good. First off, you are going to pay a crapload for gas! I commute 25 miles to work every day (to and fro)and have to fill up every six days (this has hurt with the gas prices going up). I was told that the softop should be replaced every three years - it's a $1000. My top WILL last longer! But the zippers have taken a beating. Storage - not a problem, I just don't keep a lot in it. The soft top is LOUD - not good for conversation.

I do like the fact that it is a four-wheel drive and a convertible. I take advantage of the two weeks of sun and warm weather in Minnesota with a topless jeep, and the four-wheel drive the other 50 weeks that it is snowing.....

I will probably (somewhat sadly) get rid of mine in the next few months. They are fun, and I always wanted one!

Originally posted by Diamond The U2 Patriot:
Jeeps RULE THE PLANET..
DB9

it's true

get ready to spend major bucks on accessories tho

I love my jeep wrangler, had it for almost 8 years
biggrin.gif

used to have a jeep wrangler, I loved it, soft top and I lived half an hour from the jeep, it was the greatest car ever....til I flipped it.....my parents made me sell shortly thereafter....

Heh, how did I know that Diamond would reply to this thread?

------------------
Sitting on a cornflake
Waiting for the van to come

Originally posted by U2Bama:
I have a 96 Cherokee 2-door 4x4, but I would love to have a Wrangler to bumb around in.

~U2Alabama

Sorry Bama-
Only SEXY ppl drive Jeeps..
The Kia Dealership is down the street and has a WONDERFUL selection just waiting for dudes like you..

DB9

------------------
"...The big guy is made of STEEL." - Bono as we stood together on stage at Boston #4, June 9th, 2001.

---
-curious? click
links for
Bono/Dimon-
Bos.4 Story
Pics..

http://www.arizonaautoweb.com/bono/

http://members.aol.com/diamondbruno9/

Originally posted by Bonochick:
Yeah, it looked pretty nice...I mean, if I had to pick a vehicle that was going to run me over, that was a decent one to do so.

ROTF LOL!

Jeeps are the real thing. Even better than the real thing.
biggrin.gif

------------------
Atr?eme con tu est?tica
Quiebra mi conciencia
Novato sin pr?ctica
Adicto a tu presencia...

I have a 98 black Jeep Grand Cherokee, it rocks. My old roommate had a 96 Wrangler and the clutch was MURDER! A very difficult manual transmission vehicle. I would get the automatic if I was to get a Wrangler. Her Jeep had a rather expensive upkeep as well with the soft and hard top.

Back
Top Bottom