Jee-wilikers Batman! There's a lot of Newbies around!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

The_Sweetest_Thing

MacPhisto's serving wench
Just seems that there's a new craze of newbies here...don't quite know if this is a good or bad thing...just pointing out the obvious again.
Maybe it's due to the recent successes of ATYCLB and the tour? I guess it was to be expected...
And I feel that we're to expect a lot more A/S/L "Getting to know you" threads...

WELCOME EVERYONE!

------------------
Your Catholic blues
Your convent shoes
Your stick-on tattoos
Now they're making the news
Your holy war
Your northern star
Your sermon on the mount
From the boot of your car

Please

according to J. Swallow everyone who wasn't registered before jan. 2001 is a newbie

------------------
Salome
Shake it, shake it, shake it

The_Sweetest_Thing:

newbie.gif

biggrin.gif

Originally posted by Salome:
according to J. Swallow everyone who wasn't registered before jan. 2001 is a newbie

Wha? What the fook kinda shite is that? I'll give you a fooking newbie knock in the sausage. I'm gonna come round here till I'm done coming round here, and thats the way its gonna be. Knobhead...

------------------
Reporter: Can you sum up Oasis in one word?
Me: ME!

Originally posted by Salome:

Who says everything J. Swallow says is right? Who is he, God?
That makes Sicy a newbie too
biggrin.gif

By newbies I mean everyone registered in the past few months. I'm a newbie, sure. But I've spent a few months here at least...
DO we count newbies by the time they've spent here or their # of posts?

Originally posted by Noel Gallagher: Wha? What the fook kinda shite is that? I'll give you a fooking newbie knock in the sausage. I'm gonna come round here till I'm done coming round here, and thats the way its gonna be. Knobhead...

I think my response was a little more, um, better spoken...and not quite so harsh...

[This message has been edited by The_Sweetest_Thing (edited 11-26-2001).]

Originally posted by The_Sweetest_Thing:
Who says everything J. Swallow says is right? Who is he, God?
no, but I am god and I say Swallow is right

------------------
Salome
Shake it, shake it, shake it

So, k, maybe I am considered a newbie. Great. Whoopee. Hand me my award. I was just pointing out that in the past few months there seems to be an increase in posters here. Why do I have to get all defensive?

[This message has been edited by The_Sweetest_Thing (edited 11-26-2001).]

hey, sweetest_thing! You are correct. I too have noticed an increase in the number of new members around here. Probably has a lot to do with the continuing success of the tour and the new album as well as U2's higher profile on TV and media lately. But it's neither here nor there as far as "who's better? newbies or oldies?" We're all fans...nuff said.
smile.gif
I think that the major issue when we get an influx of new people is the usual sorting out how the forum works, who's who, etc. Sometimes those of us who have been here for (eek!) years now have to be patient when threads that have been rehashed 50million times are resurrected. (ie. What's your favorite album?) And I think new folks ought to be open and oberservant about how life around here works and not get all worked up if an "oldie" corrects them or lets them know how things are generally done around here.
smile.gif
I know for myself, it's always in a spirit of camaraderie and not snobbery. I want new folks to feel at home here and become part of the gang.

Anyways, that's my long ramble. Probably has nothing to do with the thread, but hey I'm good at that.
wink.gif

-sula

p.s. I don't think there is an official cut-off line for passing from newbiedom into not-so-newbiedom.
biggrin.gif
Take everything mr. swallow says with a grain of salt.

------------------
~I want to play the guitar very badly, and I do play the guitar very badly - Bono~

Take a virtual tour of U2's Dublin... Crzy4Bono's U2 page with some of Sula's Dublin pic's

Dont take Salami seriously.. and I was just joking with you.

smile.gif

Cuz yeah, according to Johnny Swallow I'm a newbie too.. but I think he's full of shite.

Ha! I joined in December 2000, so I'm an old veteran. Damn those newbies!

------------------
"Good men die unhappily. Bad men die unluckily. THAT's tragedy." --Tom Stoppard

Adam: Look guys, I got a Springfield spoon for my spoon collection.
Edge: Oh boy, here we go...
Bono: Wow, how many is that now Adam?
Adam: Nine. If I didn't have my spoons, I'd go insane.
Bono: Can I see it?
*adam gives bono the spoon, bono throws it away*
Adam: My spoon!

Originally posted by Noel Gallagher:
Wha? What the fook kinda shite is that? I'll give you a fooking newbie knock in the sausage. I'm gonna come round here till I'm done coming round here, and thats the way its gonna be. Knobhead...

Ahhh.. Noel... so good to see you again.

Originally posted by dangerous&Honest:
Ya'll talking about me? I must be the newest newbie here. But I have been listening to U2 since many of you were still in pre-school. That's right, I am one of those "old people" you see at the concerts that leave the fighting for a spot in GA to you young guys and is happy to pay for a good reserved seat. I lurk alot but will certainly post when I feel the necessity of doing so, so it's nice to meet you all!

I agree.. it's sad that even here among intelligent and sensible people, a "label"
such as "newbie" will prevent some from taking us seriously on points, comments and issues. oh well.

Well, brother, I was wondering when you were gonna pull yer head out yer arse and show yerself again. No fookin' matter of any consequence, mind you, because I'm fookin' proud to be a newbie, but you can all lick my lovepump, to quote Spinal Tap that is. Fook off, d'you know what I mean?

Originally posted by dangerous&Honest:
Ya'll talking about me? I must be the newest newbie here. But I have been listening to U2 since many of you were still in pre-school. That's right, I am one of those "old people" you see at the concerts that leave the fighting for a spot in GA to you young guys and is happy to pay for a good reserved seat. I lurk alot but will certainly post when I feel the necessity of doing so, so it's nice to meet you all!

Welcome to interference!

<---- old person that is still fighting for the best spot in GA.
biggrin.gif

(and I guess I'm not a newbie either)

------------------
She's gonna dream up a world she wants to live in / She's gonna dream out loud.
Visit my web page at www.u2page.com

Originally posted by HelloAngel:

I agree.. it's sad that even here among intelligent and sensible people, a "label"
such as "newbie" will prevent some from taking us seriously on points, comments and issues. oh well.

Here here! I've been a fan for years...not all of us knew about Interference when it first came out, were interested, or had the internet.

I got your newbie right here.
mad.gif
GAO to those who hate the player and not the game.

------------------
Please repeat the message, it's the music that we choose.
http://www.sit.wisc.edu/~kljense3/MrTvs.html

I say newbie is anyone who signed on after the release ATYCLB.
biggrin.gif

Now those were the days. Riversteed (was it him?) finding the 30 second snippets to all the songs. Arguing about how good the songs were solely based on the snippets. Debating wether or not to stay an ATYCLB virgin, or downloading the songs on napster. wow, has it been over a year already??

Those were the days. Not like the shit weve got around here now
biggrin.gif

Oh, and it doesnt matter how many time you post. I may have only 300 or so posts, but I make them count!

[This message has been edited by UCLAforU2 (edited 11-26-2001).]

I'm engaged to a newbie...

*hides*
tongue.gif
biggrin.gif

------------------
"I don't know you,
But you don't know the half of it..."

GO "NEWBIES"! Technically, everyone here was a newbie at some point.

Is it really that big a deal when people start posting or become U2 fans?
rolleyes.gif

Great to see new U2 fans coming in...

------------------
"It's about finding your way into the music." - Edge

"Something inside said this could be everything in your life." - Bono

"U2 as a band does things nobody one else can. I think that is a very powerful thing." - Larry

"Adam believed in the band before anyone did." - Bono

Hi, newbies--

I'm not a newbie myself but not a regular either; I kinda post in waves, like badness.

biggrin.gif

What does that mean? Beats me.

------------------
k e r c

La aventura del comienzo
La intriga de lo incierto
No temas y busca lo nuevo
S?lo empieza desde cero

Actually when you think about it, its just the same 30 people posting with different handles so technically no one here is really a newbie per se. I mean c'mon if we went by number of posts per user name, Deathbear would be 60 different newbies all rolled in to one enigma.

------------------
"Things will not be the same in this city for us." -Bono, Dublin, February 1980

Back
Top Bottom