Jay Z / Glastonbury / Sunday Bloody Sunday

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Wow that was good. is that bono's vox (Ain't no love in the heart of city, Ain't no love, in the heart of town) sounds like bono

That's what I thought.. though my PC speakers are pretty crap.
There was alot of hype and some negativity about a rap artist taking this slot at Glasto but his performance seemed to have gone down very very well.. I really like this.

That was a fucking amazing performance. I think the boys would be really proud of that.

The "ain't no love in the heart of the city" vocals were def. not Bono, but they did play a number of his vocals from the album throught the song, like the "yep" and "Mmm hmm hmmm" from the beginning of the song, and just "Sunday Bloody Sunday" etc..but nothing new by the sound of it.

Thanks for posting! :wave:

Some friends saw him at Glasto and said his performance was amazing -one of the best there even though they don't normally like hip-hop.
I also read somewhere that Bono was at Jay-Z's concert in Dublin at the end of last week - wonder if Jay-Z did the same version there?

Didnt Wyclef sample ISHFWILF on a studio release? Im actually surprised no one ever sampled SBS like that before...unless they tried and U2's people wouldnt clear it.

That DJ Shadow sample was loads cooler. I'm not much impressed by sampling a few bars and then just looping it over and over without recontextualizing it in someway.

Did you guys see him do "Wonderwall" in response to one of those Oasis morons disapproving of Jay Z's participation at Glasto?

Pretty funny that he did it, but it's gotta be one of the worst vocal performances ever captured on any electronic medium. Dude's a rapper for a reason, not that it's that difficult to nail a Liam Gallagher melody...

YouTube - Jay-Z Performing Wonderwall Live At Glastonbury

I don't get the love for this guy.

I'm pretty sure he was either mailing it in or trying to ruin the song. I refuse to believe that he was genuinely trying to cover the song well.

Exactly, trying to actually sing it and do it well would have missed the point. :huh:

I don't know - I think the bigger snub is tear the song up, in effect stealing the song, showing that it's nothing special to be in an Oasis.

It's all pretty petty anyway...

Jay-Z fucking sucks and he can blow me.

^ That fulfills my mature and enlightening post requirements for the day.

I saw Jay-Z perform with Mary J. about 2 months ago and everytime I see a concert, I always try to measure it against the golden standard, a U2 concert... Jay-Z and U2 are neck and neck when it comes to live performances. The energy is crazy!!!!!:drool:

U2 still remains vital to the artists who are the vital artists these days... hip hop artists. That says a lot about their staying power.

U2 still remains vital to the artists who are the vital artists these days... hip hop artists. That says a lot about their staying power.

Actually in a industry in trouble across the board, hip hop in particular is in a huge freefall over the last couple years...in terms of numbers anyway.

Back
Top Bottom