January 9, 2001...It Was A Beautiful Day

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

spanisheyes

Forum Moderator, The Goal Is Soul
Miami, New Orleans, London, Belfast, and Berlin
On January 9, 2001, U2 announced plans for the Elevation Tour which went something like this.

U2 announces details of the first leg of its Elevation Tour. The North American tour will begin March 24, 2001 in Miami/Ft. Lauderdale and send the band across the continent and back before winding up June 22, 2001 in E. Rutherford, New Jersey.

The second leg of the Elevation Tour began on July 6, 2001 in Copenhagen, Denmark and sent the band across Europe before winding up on September 1, 2001 at the historic Slane Castle before 80,000 fans in Dublin, Ireland.

The third leg of the Elevation Tour began on October 10, 2001 in South Bend, Indiana and sent the band across the continent of a hurting America in the wake of September Eleven, Two Thousand and One, and back before winding up December 2, 2001 in Miami, Florida.

And here is hoping for more legs to sweep across continents yet to be elevated...you know who you are.

Why do I post this date, because if I only knew then what I know now about this tour that rocked the heart and soul of every fan who had the privilege of seeing this tour, God only knows how I would have contained the excitement and spectacle that dazzled the senses and the soul with the passion and grace that was contained and poured out by our band, U2. Thank you U2 for the year that was 2001, and for the coming years that will see U2 continue to make the type of soul music that we have come to love and has become the fabric and sinew of our lives.

Chris

A whole year...wow...*sigh*...it's hard to believe that much time has passed...

------------------
"I don't know you,
But you don't know the half of it..."

Originally posted by spanisheyes:
Why do I post this date, because if I only knew then what I know now about this tour that rocked the heart and soul of every fan who had the privilege of seeing this tour, God only knows how I would have contained the excitement and spectacle that dazzled the senses and the soul with the passion and grace that was contained and poured out by our band, U2. Thank you U2 for the year that was 2001, and for the coming years that will see U2 continue to make the type of soul music that we have come to love and has become the fabric and sinew of our lives.

Well said, Chris! Thanks for the reminder.

------------------
And your earth moves beneath
Your own dream landscape

You can dream, so dream out loud!

"The way to be optimistic is not to shut your eyes and close your ears." -Bono

Create Light, Create Unity, Create Joy, CREATE PEACE!

that was a happy day! They got it right with the name for the tour, didn't they?

High, higher than the sun
You shoot me from a gun
I need you to elevate me here.
At the corner of your lips
As the orbit of your hips
Eclipse, you elevate my soul

smile.gif
Cheers U2! You rocked!

That was the day I braved the cold, the laughter from native New Yorkers and the 13-year-old girls to stand outside TRL in Times Square thinking the band was going to be live in the studio announcing those dates and I was going to be there to see them. The things I do for this band.

Back
Top Bottom