Jan. 3rd, Latest U2 Video to air on Qtv ? / First single release speculation?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.

luna_lovegood

War Child
DON'T SMITE ME DOWN MODS - I COULDN'T FIND A THREAD ON THIS ELSEWHERE!

well, not this specifically. I thought it odd that I couldn't find discussion on this, so please move accordingly if its already here, buried in one of the other threads.

Okay, so on the hacked Q U2 mini-site (U2 - QTheMusic.com), in the little white box in the bottom right hand corner, there is an advertisment for "U2 Day on January 3rd" on QTV, that reads:

"We've got all the videos from the early years to their latest release from 1pm"

Yeah, this perked my eyes up as well. Could be the new video. It may just mean "...up until their latest released video.." which is WITS, but who knows? The video was shot almost 2 weeks ago.

But the emphasis of "u2 day" so close to the release of a new album makes me wonder. It certainly can't be reffering the Christmas one, as its Jan

I really hope it is the video for the new single, then it would be half pointless for a U2 day if you don't get to see the brand new one. Fingers crossed. But i'm positive we'll get the single release date very soon and the single in early January. :drool:

Indeed. We'll have to see. Unfortunately that's the day I go back to school :sad:

I think we'll find out more about this on the 31 or 28, when the mini-site officially launches and the new issue is out. I'm hoping for more concrete info. They're really stretching themselves thin on the promotion aspect of the new album, its nearly January and all we've received is a release date, a name, a few different physical versions to purchase, and a couple fancy new photos and article from Q. The single has to be on its way soon.

Very very soon, I hope it's not released in February though, please start January off with a bang! We beg you! :sad:

They seem to be bestowing Q with an awful lot of exclusive info, wouldn't surprise me. I think it will be announced on U2.com and air on the radio prior to the video showing up though.

This release date makes perfect sense. ATYCLB and HTDAAB's lead singles both came out almost precisely two months before the album, and this fits the pattern.

Yeah, I can't see them waiting too much longer to release it.

I'm also rethinking me original thought that they should have released the new single during Xmas or on New Year's Day....I think waiting just a few days more seems like a much better choice. That way they could keep the focus more on them as opposed to the holiday madness.

i would imagine we'll hear something regarding the new single within the next week. the first single normally goes to radio 2 months before the album is released, which would be next Friday.

i would imagine we'll hear something regarding the new single within the next week. the first single normally goes to radio 2 months before the album is released, which would be next Friday.

I'm guessing that the Q mag Dec 31st minisite thingy will reveal this info. I'm looking forward to some more detailed news.

someone else here asked a similar question, and suffered different treatment.
http://www.u2interference.com/forums/f196/new-single-on-radio-191696.html
no offense to you luna. i wanna know the release of the new single too. im just confused about the rules.

Each mod might moderate slightly different. I personally left this one open because there was a bit of info in it.

Okay, so on the hacked Q U2 mini-site (U2 - QTheMusic.com), in the little white box in the bottom right hand corner, there is an advertisment for "U2 Day on January 3rd" on QTV, that reads:

"We've got all the videos from the early years to their latest release from 1pm"

Jan. 3rd, Latest U2 Video to air on Qtv ?

Check out Q's homepage and there's a box on the bottom right hand side describing U2 Month on Qtv. It states that on January 3rd, they will play all their videos from their early days to their LATEST.

Could LATEST possibly mean the video they apparently have already finished for their first single?

Someone help me out, I don't want to get too excited until we know for sure.

You can check out the photo gallery now as well...some cool pics indeed.

I imagine if they were going to show the new video they would have hammed it up a bit more

Maybe...Q were the first to do a photo shoot for the promotion of NLOTH. It would make sense they'd be the first to get their hands on the new video first.

we just don't know anything at this point. but yeah, with the 3rd being this Saturday, you'd think the hype would be bigger, so i highly doubt that we'll get the new single/video this week.

I imagine if they were going to show the new video they would have hammed it up a bit more

i agree with you Jim, but they will play all their videos from their early days to their LATEST if that is not the new single video it would be the christmas song; i believe in father christmas. I don't think Q is going to do that, by januari 3 we are in the new year if you show a christmas video then that would be lame.
i think it is going to be the new video of the new single.
i just can't wait !!!

i agree with you Jim, but they will play all their videos from their early days to their LATEST if that is not the new single video it would be the christmas song; i believe in father christmas. I don't think Q is going to do that, by januari 3 we are in the new year if you show a christmas video then that would be lame.
i think it is going to be the new video of the new single.
i just can't wait !!!

i do agree with this point too. it would be completely stupid to air their Christmas song on January 3rd.

I'm not sure Q would even be able to show the Christmas video since that seemed to have been shot as a RED Wire exclusive.

I guess the last U2 video before that was WITS, no?

I'm not sure Q would even be able to show the Christmas video since that seemed to have been shot as a RED Wire exclusive.

I guess the last U2 video before that was WITS, no?

if they get our hopes up extremely high and then treat us with WITS as their LATEST, i may just lose it. :lol:

Yeah, the fact that they're capitalizing LATEST is what has me torn. Although I haven't actually seen the ad; are they capitalizing LATEST?

ETA: Okay, what I see on the site is:

We've got all of the videos from the early years to the latest release from 1PM

Not getting my hopes up. I think they would have worded it as a premiere if it was something brand new and would be making a bigger deal about it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom