Jan. 3rd, Latest U2 Video to air on Qtv ? / First single release speculation?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Seems like they'd be doing the fans a great disservice if they would use that verbage and NOT debut the new video.

If they don't then I think its pretty shitty on their part because its very misleading...though if I had to bet I would say that come Jan 3rd we will all be happy with what we see. :up:

I don't think it's misleading. "Their latest" when they just released a video a month ago doesn't scream "WOAH VIDEO FOR NEU! U2 SINGLE HOLY &#@$(*#$ TUNE IN OR DIE!!!!1" especially when we have no clue when the single is going to be released, or what the title is.

if anything it's smart on their end.

let's say that we had no knowledge of a new single or album coming out in the new future. i wouldn't question at all that Q is featuring U2's back catalog all the way to their latest video (WITS). it wouldn't seem misleading to me one bit. Q also knows this. that's why they wrote it that way. ratings! if they don't play the new single, their verbage is completely accurate. but the fact that there is knowledge of an impending new release is what makes it appear to be misleading.

Q won't even play all of U2's videos let alone the lead single, last time they did an all videos day, they played about 80% of the bands videos that was followed by half of Coldplay's videos played twice :wink:

Seems like they'd be doing the fans a great disservice if they would use that verbage and NOT debut the new video.

If they don't then I think its pretty shitty on their part because its very misleading...

True.

I don't think it's misleading. "Their latest" when they just released a video a month ago doesn't scream "WOAH VIDEO FOR NEU! U2 SINGLE HOLY &#@$(*#$ TUNE IN OR DIE!!!!1" especially when we have no clue when the single is going to be released, or what the title is.

I'll be surprised in Q plays the video they released last month. It seems that video was a RED Wire exclusive, so as far as I'm concerned we're looking at their latest being a video released at the end of 2006 if they don't play the video from the new single.

Personally, I don't think they'll be playing the new single, I think it was a marketing ploy, so for me it will be a nice surprise if I'm wrong, but won't be disappointed if I'm right.

U2 will release their new single with a lot of publicity, not via a medium that will only be accessible by people who can access QTV. It wouldn't make any sense to me at all.

Its not deceptive in the slightest, its PERFECTLY ACCURATE. What else are they sposed to advertise it as? "U2's entire back catalogue upto their latest single, but nothing from the new album, just to clear that up for overzealous fans"? :|

They'd say so if it was on there, they'd want the publicity. Like I said, they wont show half the catalogue as it is, never mind anything new.

U2 will release their new single with a log of publicity, not via a medium that will only be accessible by people who can access QTV. It wouldn't make any sense at all.

Within an hour it would be all over youtube. I'm sure U2 know that, so it would'nt matter who got an exclusive.

There's no way they'll be playing the lead single when even the most hardcore of hardcore fans don't even know the singles title yet. Get Your Boots On or Get On Your Boots is LIKELY it, but we've no confirmation of it at all. I suspect we'll get a healthy dosage of news starting next week, when I think U2.com will be overhauled. Then you can expect the media blitzing and the countdown to really begin. We're not terribly far away.

There's no way they'll be playing the lead single when even the most hardcore of hardcore fans don't even know the singles title yet. Get Your Boots On or Get On Your Boots is LIKELY it, but we've no confirmation of it at all. I suspect we'll get a healthy dosage of news starting next week, when I think U2.com will be overhauled. Then you can expect the media blitzing and the countdown to really begin. We're not terribly far away.

Yeah, one to two more weeks is a good estimation.

Yeah, one to two more weeks is a good estimation.

I suspect we'll hear it sometime the week of the 11th. Next week I suppose is possible, but I think 11-18 or so is likely. Then we'll have that, and Winter since that will be on a soundtrack, right? That comes out around the same time. Then just the short month of February and we're home free.

I suspect we'll hear it sometime the week of the 11th. Next week I suppose is possible, but I think 11-18 or so is likely. Then we'll have that, and Winter since that will be on a soundtrack, right? That comes out around the same time. Then just the short month of February and we're home free.

Wasn't the rumor January 10-15 based on a marking on the music video clapperboard? I thought it was an absurd idea, but that's what I read.

Wasn't the rumor January 10-15 based on a marking on the music video clapperboard? I thought it was an absurd idea, but that's what I read.

I think it said 12-10 on the clapperboard? I'm not sure. I just figured that was the date they were shooting.

I think it said 12-10 on the clapperboard? I'm not sure. I just figured that was the date they were shooting.

U2-New-Single-1.jpg

Yes, you're right. There are a billion numbers scribbled on that thing, but I doubt there's anything there worth our attention.

Any news on Radio Release date for first single?

Hi there does anyone have any info on dates the new single will be aired on radio? its usually 5 weeks before you can buy it so i presume it will be within the next 2 weeks at some point.

If i remember it usually gets played on a radio station in Ireland first then get released to play worldwide the next day.

I'm pretty sure if we had that information you'd see multiple threads about it already.

I'm sure by the time January is over we will have heard at least the 1st single.

i wanna heeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeear get your boots on. come on guys this wait in the end will kill me.

While I'm not surprised we haven't heard the single yet, I must admit that I'm surprised that we have no info on its release. We actually haven't received any release info since the U2.com announcement some time ago. I'm hopeful for a video (not THE video) or announcement tomorrow though.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom