Jacknife Lee

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

digsy

New Yorker
Does anyone else here think he's a little bit cr@p!
hows about a lot cr@p then?

i dunno what it is - i don't rate any of his remixes, i think they're damn boring. And i was reading his interview on u2.com again and the things he did - I wanted to scream.
stripped One Step Closer down and took the guitars out... NOOOOOO!! (i'm not a fan of that song).
Man and a Woman was a big epic and he pulled it apart... AAAARRRGGGHHHHH!!!

ok ok, so i guess we dont know what they sounded like before and what we've got could be an improvement, but based on the remixes alone - i was just listening the the Fast Cars remix off SYCMUOYO - I still think he quite rubbish and hasnt actually done anything worthwhile besides give U2 the chance to put of 3 different singles per sopng because they have special remixes on!really, I'm not quite certain of his point?

Anyone else feel like this?

Too hard to know what he did on the album, versus Steve, Flood, etc, but I love A Man and A Woman, which is the only song he is given true production credit for, so :up: I haven't heard his remixes, but I don't care for most remixes.

Sometimes a song becomes more beautiful, more elegant by stripping it down. Sting once told how "Every Breath You Take" was a larger production, but then they continued to strip it back until it became the haunting classic it is. This could be true for "A Man and a Woman" as well. Additionally, removing guitars for "One Step Closer" might have enabled U2 to capture the sound they were seeking (e.g. "The First Time"). Please remember that U2 have the final say on their songs, so if U2 didn't like the production, they wouldn't have released it (proof of this is the fact that the album was delayed a year as U2 didn't like the original production of some songs).

could anyone post the complete interviews of jacknife lee & lillywhithe up here? please...thanks

Have to admit, I do think that Sometimes deserved a better b-side than, Ave Maria. This just sounds like someone rummaging in a sound archive and cutting and pasting bits and bobs together. I have to say, I was pretty disappointed about that yesterday.

Back
Top Bottom