I've just realised

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Pop is my third fav of all time after AB and JT in that order. Definitely prefer the original album version of Gone to the new mix. The siren sound is so much cooler than the keyboards in the new mix version. I think none of those new mixes were as good as the originals..... Wow, never knew Pop would actually get so much praise on this site. Where are the haters hiding? :wink:

Pop isn't my favorite but Gone is in my top 5.

I :heart: GONE!

(The album version is best to me)

Lancemc said:

I'm just going to pretend I didn't hear this.:|

Cmon Lancemc, you're easily forgetting the epic line "mother... mother suckin' rock n roll"... :wink: reminds me of Vedder screaming "IT'S EVOLUTION BABYYYYY!!!!!"

yes GONE is great but its even better live. i bashed pop for nearly the last 7 years, but in the last 2 months i re-discovered its brave pretension. its not my fave album but it climbed into the midfield leaving the wooden spoon behind to ATYCLB

fave POP songs:
DYFL (great drums!), MOFO, GONE, MIAMI, TPM, VELVET DRESS

please sign the ACROBAT live on tour petition:
http://www.petitiononline.com/qv3d4382/petition.html

Last edited:
Now, i'll explain like this:
I was saying some bad things to tell you what i think about POP:rockon: and i was removed from everything you know is wrong, now i'm back and i see so much people agreeing with me!!!

POP:rockon:
Gone:rockon::drool:

Re: Re: I've just realised

LostAtMoon said:

So, did you realise all the time you have waisted?

Just kidding. :wink: You're always on time to enjoy a great album.

Yes it rocks! :rockon:

Hey, but i'm a fan for almost only 6 months.

WOW:ohmy: ... 4 pages of all happy, all loving people agreeing with eachother and talking in a "positive" way only... WOW

Where are those 90's haters, ATYCLB lovers when you need them... probably hiding in their caves after Pop was voted as U2's 5th best album in the last Survivor...
Hello, U2girl, come on, don't be shy...:madspit:

bathiu said:
WOW:ohmy: ... 4 pages of all happy, all loving people agreeing with eachother and talking in a "positive" way only... WOW

Where are those 90's haters, ATYCLB lovers when you need them... probably hiding in their caves after Pop was voted as U2's 5th best album in the last Survivor...
Hello, U2girl, come on, don't be shy...:madspit:

POP:rockon::drool:

Yeah, when they are in majority, they say you're stupid, NOW YOU'RE HIDING

Nobody has mentioned LNOE. The chorus is so groovy, it's one of my favourites on the album. I prefer the old version to the new version for Gone, but I like the new Discotheque version better than the original. The guitars coming in at the beginning of the chorus just make the song soar.

Since when is an album that has Discotheque, SATS, Mofo, GONE!!!, IGWSHA, WUDM, LNOE, Please, and DYFL considered weak? If an album with all these songs came out now on ONE album, it would win a Grammy for album of the year.

I think it would be a crime if Gone and Mofo didn't see the setlist for the next tour.

If you need POP haters to make this thread better, then everything you do know is wrong. Enjoy the thread and the album - they're both good.

beLIEve said:
If you need POP haters to make this thread better, then everything you do know is wrong. Enjoy the thread and the album - they're both good.

Good advice. I used to know a large number of fans of U2 that just started hating the band in the 90's (were they really fans of U2?). I just kept going on, neverminding what other people think (or think that they think). It's get a bit lonely in here sometimes, but I have their music to comfort me.
I sometimes seem to find those people around disguised or undercover, chocking on their on words as they are not so sure about their “truth” anymore.

I would be really happy if Mofo and Gone would be included in the next tour’s setlist. "If you Wear that Velvet Dress", "Do you Feel Loved?", “If God will send..:” would be most welcome too. Well, anything U2 play will just be great.:wink:

Last edited:
A 4-page thread with nothing but praise for Pop... I love it! Pop is the album that got me into U2 and will always be my favourite. The whole thing is one piece of brilliance. The new mixes were good in some parts, but they can't match the originals. Pop has a whole dark fuzzy atmosphere, kind of like Achtung Baby except more lost and technoy. As for Gone, yes, definatley one of the best...so good live, too. The band really gets into it at the end. It'll be interesting to see if they play it on this tour...personally, as much as I adore Gone, I think it'd be cool to see something like Mofo or Last Night on Earth, just because you wouldn't expect it and they're so good live... or how 'bout MY MAMMY!

Miami = most underrated U2 song, ever. Come on. It's a fun song and it rocks, so people, quit whining and admit that deep down, you want to shout MY MAMMY! with Bono. You really do.

You know what I love in all those Pop-haters, that they say the album is not "finished"...
:huh:
I mean, the band wanted to make an album with some trip-hop, "Prodigy"-like sounds on it, right? And giving them more time to "finish" :rolleyes: it, would mean that the album would have much more of those elements...
In other words those people that don't like Pop because of all those electronic sounds and wish that the album was "finished":rolleyes: -> literaly want more of those electronic sounds...:ohmy:

----------
For me, since every song has a start and an end, no song stops in the middle etc... the album is finished!

Back
Top Bottom