I've heard some of the album!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
no 6 working on the album!

Jim said:

Flood is there too? Then I can definitely understand the 90's U2 comparisons you mentioned.

:hyper: Great descriptions so far!

Why can't I be as cool as Jim? Probably because I'd pass out if Bono even spoke to me. Oh Yeah, I'm also on the other side of the pond. Thanks for the info Jim.

Jim, you Rock! FLOOD!!!! That is a name I have been hoping to see all along on this project. Woooo Hooooo

Jim said:

Sorry I don't know what visceral means and dictionary.com only seems to have medical descriptions..:)

Yes, medically, it refers to your internal organs, your guts. So it's also used to describe something gutsy, having a deeply emotional feeling. Does that sound right to you?

hmmm....i hate to be the party pooper but...

would a band ever just let a few fans through their studio?

and give them a guided tour?

maybe jim isn't just "a very lucky boy"...

Sounds great, I can't wait! This is the kind of post i've been looking for for a long time!

Your a lucky fun Jim, of course if your screwing with us you will be hunted down and beaten profusely! lol! ;-)

WoooHOOOO!!!!!

Jim, now you've gone and blown all of my lowered expectations. ;)

I get the idea of what you describe and it's similar to what I was hoping to hear. Edge's guitar from the Zoo era, loud, maybe not hard but forceful, driving and sounding like the Edge still. Not like Elevation which sounds nothing like the Edge should sound to me.

If it can create even some of the energy of the songs you describe then I'm sure it will be a winner. At least that's what I am expecting, or hoping for. :)

discothequeLP said:

would a band ever just let a few fans through their studio?

and give them a guided tour?

Well, this band does, and has done many times. Just go to the "have you met the band?" section of this forum. There are many accounts of similar behaviour, and some have pictures.

Numb1075 said:
Why can't I be as cool as Jim? Probably because I'd pass out if Bono even spoke to me. Oh Yeah, I'm also on the other side of the pond. Thanks for the info Jim.

hey - there were four of us and if you were there you would have been right in the studio with us believe me. i don't know if they use this site but the three guys have a belgian U2 page so I'm sure they will relay their own version of events. Hi to you all if you are here and to my new Scottish friend (the concrete lilos - they will know what I mean!).

discothequelp if you really hate to be a party popper then don't be one. I could write a big fat response to your mail but I won't. Yes Bono does invite fans into the studio (SHOCK HORROR!). Not really a guided tour though, If I wanted that I would have gone to the Guinness Brewery.

biff said:

Yes, medically, it refers to your internal organs, your guts. So it's also used to describe something gutsy, having a deeply emotional feeling. Does that sound right to you?

Mmmm - personally those feelings only come out of a song for me after a few listens. So it would be impossible for me to say having listened to such a small amount of music and while being quite distracted at the time. I'm sure (and hope) they will but you'll have to decide yourself :shrug:

BRILLIANT!!

We heard Bono singing a few weeks ago and Flood and Steve Lilleywhite were also there at HQ.
Glad to hear Bono is still on form with the fans!!

U2DMfan said:
Jim, now you've gone and blown all of my lowered expectations. ;)

I get the idea of what you describe and it's similar to what I was hoping to hear. Edge's guitar from the Zoo era, loud, maybe not hard but forceful, driving and sounding like the Edge still. Not like Elevation which sounds nothing like the Edge should sound to me.

Yes that's a good description and like you, it matches the sound that I would hope for..'forceful' is a great description. Also there appears to be no un-necessary density like a couple of the late 90s numbers (HMTMKMKM, Discotheque).

I just hope that the other songs don't sound like 'Wild Honey' :)

Again I haven't heard the whole album!!

i, also am very skeptical about the validity of this story. jim, no offense, but i'm going to have to play doubting thomas on this one. while it's an exciting story, i just don't believe it.

if it is true, then this must be very exciting for you, but i just don't believe it.

Some of these discriptions make me think U2 are releasing a Chemical Brothers album instead of a rock album :eyebrow:

mikal said:
i, also am very skeptical about the validity of this story. jim, no offense, but i'm going to have to play doubting thomas on this one. while it's an exciting story, i just don't believe it.

if it is true, then this must be very exciting for you, but i just don't believe it.

no worries! It was exciting at the time but right now my hangover from the weekend is more prominent on my mind. That was yesterday and today is today & I though that my little experience would be of interest to folks here in these days of no U2 news. Believe me I'm a busy 30 year old man and don't really get my thrills making up stories on internet forums.

Without reading too much into what Jim's said, this sounds good to me with the songs mentioned in comparison being some of my favourites :)

EvolutionMonkey said:
The single word that brings the most joy to me is FLOOD !:yes: If it's in his hands then i trust the sound will be what i dream in my head. :wink:

It didn't come as a surprise to me seeing him there..i though he was a permanent fixture?

oh & thanks Drumkeeran!

Jim that is so cool. It is so weird I had a dream last night were Adam was taking us through the studio and a bunch of us got to hear the new stuff. So what are we about 150 days til the album and 100 or so til we here the first single? I think it shows how confident the boys are in the new stuff to let fans come in and have a listen....this is going to be HUGE!

[qoute]no worries! It was exciting at the time but right now my hangover from the weekend is more prominent on my mind. That was yesterday and today is today & I though that my little experience would be of interest to folks here in these days of no U2 news. Believe me I'm a busy 30 year old man and don't really get my thrills making up stories on internet forums.[/quote]

that's cool. i just get very skeptical about things over the internet, especially when that hot Suzy girl i met over a chat room ended up having facial hair and a deep voice. :wink:

drumkeeran said:
:cool:Jim,

These disbelieving doubting Thomases haven't a clue! The faithful believe!

lol. why don't you just call me Alicia Sylverstone instead?

:drool:
Jim, I'm with ya with hoping there's nothing like Wild Honey on this record, and I love that song!
I just really need something that rocks.
Thank god for Flood.

:bow:

I want to invent a time machine so I can get to November NOW! :hyper: Jim, your descriptions exactly match my hopes for this album!

I wonder how many other bands besides U2 give fans guided tours of their studios? Not too many, I'll bet!

Back
Top Bottom