"I've Got You Under My Skin" Question

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

BigMacPhisto

Rock n' Roll Doggie VIP PASS
Just wondering, does the version of this song from the Stay single have Sinatra (along with Bono) singing on it and big band music? Because that's the only version I could find of it.......

Coolness, but now I have a few more questions (although it could be considered "trivia" for many of you loyal fanatics:

The song they did with Roy Orbison (got it written down somewhere, but can't remember the name right now)...was a studio version released? Because I have only found live ones on Kazzaa.

Also, is there actually an original version of Holy Joe out there? Or are the two remixes the only versions out there?

Finally, what year was Wild Irish Rose made in? I'm getting a big MP3 player for my birthday, and I plan to put all of the rarities that I can find on it and I'm sorting them by year, so I need to know the answer to that.

Mystery Girl does have a studio version, although it is Roy Orbison's version. If there is a version w/ U2, it's never been released.

Holy Joe has two versions(Garage Mix, Gulity Mix). There is also a live version from the K-Mart press conference floating around out there.

Wild Irish Rose, I believe is from the late 1980's from a radio show. That's all I really know about that one.

BigMacPhisto said:
The song they did with Roy Orbison (got it written down somewhere, but can't remember the name right now)...was a studio version released? Because I have only found live ones on Kazzaa.

The song is She's A Mystery To Me (and not Mystery Girl, that was the name of the Roy Orbison album it appeared on). No studio version by U2 has surfaced so far. I think it's also not known if U2 have even recorded the song themselves.

Also, is there actually an original version of Holy Joe out there? Or are the two remixes the only versions out there?

There is no 'original' version of Holy Joe. The two remixes are the only availbale studio versions of the song. U2 played the song live once on 12 February 1997 at the K-Mart press conference.

Finally, what year was Wild Irish Rose made in? I'm getting a big MP3 player for my birthday, and I plan to put all of the rarities that I can find on it and I'm sorting them by year, so I need to know the answer to that.

IIRC, Wild Irish Rose is from the TV documentary Bringing It All Back Home which aired in 1990.

C ya!

Marty

Thanks for the answers everyone. They were definitely a BIG help.

Back
Top Bottom