ive been wondering

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

another/day

The Fly
Does anyone know if someone found those October lyrics that got stolen backstage in 81. If they have they should use them too re record october instead of re recording pop as ive heard rumours that their gonna do that.

Some lady found them in a brief case in a house she just bought, she returned then........... they shouldn't re-record anything! everything they've done sounded great for the time in which they did it! to re-record somthing from the 80's it would loose all awesome vintage sound it has!!

i love the first 3 albums and if they re-record them :madspit:

add on: i think his original lyrics must have been better than the improvised ones. At least they could release a October special edition with the original lyrics digitally removed and the newer better ones digitally added on. At least then it would retain its "vintage sound".

Wow that's awesome. I wonder what Bono thinks if he's looked over all the old stuff again after all these years.

I remember seeing the interview with him when he describes with a wry smirk the moment when they stolen after being distracted by 'two very pretty girls'..

starsgoblue said:

I read in Mojo that he says he did, and he was hoping they'd be these profound drops of wonderfulness, but he said they weren't.

:lmao:

I have a feeling if most of us looked back on stuff we wrote 20+ years ago it wouldn't be very profound either. :huh:

Yea, and the thing is they always said October wasn't what it should have been because of those lyrics...imagine eating a slice of humble pie after finding out the opposite.

Goes to show sometimes things are meant to be better than the way you planned/hoped...I'm such a fate junkie. :wink:

Back
Top Bottom