I've been meaning to ask this: What is GA and what is Golden Circle?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

U2girl

Blue Crack Addict
And i know i'm late as the tour is already over.

Anyway: is GA the floor of the venue? "General Admission"?
What does it look like over in the US?

Over here, i went to see a rock concert in a hall, and they had these iron bars put together (you know, like you see them in the movies) and only room for one person at a time to get through the spot (which was guarded by security who checked your ticket), up the stairs and through the door into the venue.
There was a lot of interest, the show was sold out, and needlessly to say, everyone started pushing forward and shoving as soon as the security opened the spot. Not good if you're not a tall person (like me).
I didn't bring any cameras as i was afraid the security measures would be harsh and i didn't want the camera to be taken away from me by the security guys.
Surprisingly, the security guy just checked my ticket and let me right in! I had a small purse, and he didn't do absolutely nothing about it.
Also, the tickets had no relevance as to the seating order as everyone sat down wherever they wanted to. Me and the people i went with went to the seats at the sides of the hall, and there was the floor section in the middle. We could have easily been on the floor.
Nevertheless, i had a great time (clapped and sang along) and never sat down during the 2 and a half hour show.

So...is that what "GA" looks like?

Is "Golden Circle" the heart that was used in the Elevation tour? Or is that a section of the venue reserved for VIPs and celebrities? (some local VIPs and celebrities attended the show i was at, but i had no idea where they were during the show)

[This message has been edited by U2girl (edited 12-08-2001).]

GA: Heart and around the heart

GC: Seats around GA

mZ84813.jpg

------------------
It's cold in the ground
But there's peace in the sound
Of the white and the black
Spilling over

Sicy's Website

Photo Albums

GA = The area in front of the stage, in the Heart and around the Heart on the floor of the venue.

GC = the first row of seats in each section in the stands (bleachers, whatever)

------------------
No alarms and no surprises, please.

Originally posted by HelloAngel:
GA = The area in front of the stage, in the Heart and around the Heart on the floor of the venue.

GC = the first row of seats in each section in the stands (bleachers, whatever)

Ahhh! So - GA is the Heart and the floor, GC are the seats (first row only).

Right?

Thanks for the picture.

Originally posted by U2girl:
Ahhh! So - GA is the Heart and the floor, GC are the seats (first row only).

Right?

Thanks for the picture.

Yes! But actually, I mispoke -
GC is the entire first section in the stands off of the floor. (thanks Sicy!)

------------------
No alarms and no surprises, please.

Originally posted by HelloAngel:

Yes! But actually, I mispoke -
GC is the entire first section in the stands off of the floor. (thanks Sicy!)

*squinting at the pic* I think i see a bit of a space between the first (lowest) seats and the fence separating them from the floor. Is that GC?

Wait...i see some space between the back and the sides of the heart and the seats too. Is that GC?

[This message has been edited by U2girl (edited 12-08-2001).]

Originally posted by U2girl:
*squinting at the pic* I think i see a bit of a space between the first (lowest) seats and the fence separating them from the floor. Is that GC?

No... that's just extra space.
GC is the entire first level of seating around the floor.

Wait...i see some space between the back and the sides of the heart and the seats too. Is that GC?

No that's just extra space for security etc and the entrance to the heart.

[This message has been edited by SicilianGoddess (edited 12-08-2001).]

Hahhaha!

Yeah me and popwhore took the pic so we are not in the heart at that moment.. but Angel is and db9 and Mrs. Edge and Disco are on the outside somewhere.

biggrin.gif

i'm somewhere in the heart, dunno when the pic was taken. in vegas? i was on the back rail at the tip.
biggrin.gif
4 rows back from stage in LA3.

Originally posted by SicilianGoddess:
GC is the entire first level of seating around the floor.

[This message has been edited by SicilianGoddess (edited 12-08-2001).]

Ah! That would be the part where the guy on the left side of the picture is sitting, and the folks in white shirts on the right side.
Right?

Back
Top Bottom