It's time we brought back U2 Survivor

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Okay, people of Interference!

Axver is going to work out the master list (see the first page of the thread for the current proposed list), and I'll be taking it from there.

Any input on the master list (suggestions, complaints, snide remarks) should be put into this thread no later than this coming Sunday.

Once the poll starts, we won't be making any changes to the master list, and we'll all just have to live with it. It will be tough, I know. Be strong.

And yes, I do believe we'll make it 48 hours per poll. I'll still try and post a new poll each day, but each poll will be open for 48 hours.

I hope we have good participation! We U2 fans need something to amuse us while we wait for Bono's next eye-rolling hyperbole about the new album. :wink:

Last edited:
Cool -- this'll be fun!

Couple of questions.

How can we have two rounds going at once, unless we're doing two separate albums at once? (I don't think you can have two polls for the same album open at one time -- to open the second poll, you need to know the results of the first, in order to know which song has been eliminated.)

Also, there are a few of the rarities that many of us may not have. Will those be made available?

Thanks!

Oh dang, that's a good point, SeattleVertigo. Maybe Axver has the answer, as he's done these before.

Yeah, I think if people need to hear a track, they can email me and I can send them a link to a download. I'll plan on doing that and make sure I have everything myself.

A wee update:

I'll run one poll every two days. SeattleVertigo and Axver both had logical explanations as to why my original idea wouldn't work. I'll just pretend I never suggested it, because it's such a silly oversight I'll just be all embarrassed about it.

Also, the live tracks off Blood Red Sky and Rattle and Hum will not be included.

Don't worry, the staggered polls was my idea. It worked for the Desert Island, but of course, it didn't rely on the progression central to Survivor.

I'll avoid including too many rarities in the master list - nothing unreleased in any case. Some inclusions are troubling me:

1. I'm Not Your Baby. Should it stay? I mean, the Skysplitter Dub is a b-side ...
2. Stateless. Should we maybe just stick with stuff that appeared on albums and singles, or include it?
3. Does Alex Descends Into Hell qualify? I understand that was a Bono and Edge only song.
4. Include or exclude Two Shots Of Happy? It's technically a live performance. Same question for She's A Mystery To Me - the only officially released version is a 2004 live performance.

Of any of those, I think Stateless should stay - it's a full band song, and even though it appears on a soundtrack only, I think you should throw it into one of the groups.

I'm kind of ambivalent about the other ones, I think.

:up:

I was going to volunteer to do this one once COBL comes back and takes over the Pink Floyd Survivor again (in B&C, if anyone wants to vote and doesn't know about it), but it looks like everything is ready to go here. :D

If I get crushed by a Mack truck before the contest is done, you can take over. :wink:

(knock on wood :shifty: )

It might have been in one of the previous survivor games. This one's kind of a mish-mash. But I'll double check on it!

Oh crap. I can't believe I forgot A Celebration - and Party Girl too. I like A Celebration! Well, that would explain why the 1979-83 part looked short!

And I'm sorry for not getting onto the master list sooner - the last few days have been hectic and it just slipped my mind, I'm afraid. I'll get right onto it. :)

I've got the master list in my hot little hands and will be posting the opening poll tonight.

Whoot! :hyper:

Axver said:
- "Bonus tracks" on the Best Ofs are included, as they were not legitimate members of the compilation but incentives to consumers in specific territories. October, however, will be excluded as it's on every edition of 1980-1990 - plus it'd be kind of sad for October, the album, to be the only one with all its tracks (and it'd be a Song Survivor repeat).
i don't buy this thinly veiled attempt to keep One Tree Hill in, no sir! :tsk:

Back
Top Bottom