"It's the best ever!!!"

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

djerdap

Rock n' Roll Doggie ALL ACCESS
So check out this:

It's been a long four years for U2 fans, who Still Haven't Found What They're Looking For - a new album. But today we can exclusively report that the end of the long wait is near.

A source close to Boston's favorite musical import tells the Track a new, as-yet-untitled single will be released the third week of September with an album to follow at Thanksgiving.

Bono says the CD is ``the best ever,'' our spy reports. And he is ``over the moon'' about the new single.

Well, we should hope so! After all, the legendary Irish band hasn't released an album since 2000's ``All That You Can't Leave Behind'' and U2 fans' Desire for some new tunes has gone from a Rattle and Hum to an Unforgettable Fire!

For more than two years, fan Web sites have obsessively tracked every rumor, clue, news report or innuendo trying to pinpoint when Bono & Co. would deliver a new disc.

``Is this the most anticipated U2 album ever?'' asks a fan on a popular U2 forum. ``Four years is a long wait, and given all the hints that Bono has dropped over the last two years . . . yeah, I'd say it's their most anticipated.''

The band has been playing it close to the leather vest about the progress of the record and hasn't exactly explained what the holdup has been. Rumor has it some of the band members were annoyed Bono's peripatetic left-wing politicking has taken him away from the studio.

In a 2003 interview with a British tab, Bono joked about the reports and said the new album was ``a monster, a dragon'' that's ``filled with big tunes and it's driven by a guitar player (Edge) who is sick of the sight of me shaking hands with dodgy politicians. The anger is unbelievable.''

(No word on what The Edge thinks of Bono's plan to help headline the Ted Kennedy tribute during the Democratic National Convention!)

But our spies say the real reason U2's record has been Stuck In A Moment wasn't politics as much as quality control. Reportedly, Bono wasn't happy with the music the band was making in the Dublin studios.

Last February, U2 summoned Steve Lillywhite, who worked on ``The Joshua Tree,'' ``Achtung Baby'' and ``All That You Can't Leave Behind,'' to oversee the new record along with legendary production wizard Flood. And apparently, that gave the band the Elevation they needed to finish the disc.

Rumor has it that U2 will tour in support of the new disc in 2005. At one point, there reportedly were plans for the band to set up shop in Boston for rehearsals and kick off the tour here - a schedule that would have them in the city for as long as five weeks.

But no tour plans have yet been announced. So do stay tuned.

There appears to be many more Beautiful Day(s) ahead.

Personally, I think that this article is bollocks.
And: "After all, the legendary Irish band hasn't released an album since 2000's ``All That You Can't Leave Behind'' and U2 fans' Desire for some new tunes has gone from a Rattle and Hum to an Unforgettable Fire!"
I sincerely think this is the stupidest sentence ever!

Hehe I kinda liked the U2ey bits in sentences

Best ever? I doubt they'd top Joshua tree AND Achtung Baby.
I do believe they can put out another song like One, or a huge tour.

Quality control? Secretly, I also think that was the reason.

I think that even the Joshua Tree can be topped, but not Achtung Baby. You CAN'T top Achtung. No one can. It is the best album ever. Of any band. THE BEST.

AB & JT can be topped. both amazing albums. but one or 2 songs per album are not considered classics. if this "Dragon" can produce 12 masterpieces, then it can certainly top AB & JT (blasphemy)

djerdap said:
I think that even the Joshua Tree can be topped, but not Achtung Baby. You CAN'T top Achtung. No one can. It is the best album ever. Of any band. THE BEST.

Make sure to check Interference.com and our news forum for articles of this sort - this was already posted today - and discussion had started. :)

Some people are bound to bitch about it no matter what. If we get something similar to ATYCLB, people will complain it's not experimental, and dangerous enough. If we get something like Zooropa or Pop, people will complain it's too strange, and U2 have lost it. My hope is for something that runs right down the middle of those two types of albums.

i'm sorry to disagree, but AB is the 4th best album ever

JT IS THE BEST ALBUM EVER!!!

AB is damn good, very very awesome, but i have to skip Whos Gonna Ride and So Cruel. i can listen to JT and i LOVE ALL THE SONGS!

Nothing can "top" JT, but this album will tie JT and beat AB

JT trails off at the end and is too depressing. its a bad ass album and one of the best of all time, but i believe thats because of the first three songs. i always skip around when i listen to it and i hate the sequence, especially how bullet follows with or without you. for three minutes youre in one mood then all of a sudden youre supposed to be pissed. walk to the water shouldve been on this album. same goes for heartland.
had those two songs been on the album then you have the greatest album.

achtung baby is great from start to finish. so cruel is a great song with powerful lyrics.
wild horses requires a nice sound system to fully appreciate. the beginning sounds distorted and muffled and it used to irritate me until i heard it the way its supposed to be heard. youll actually notice its almost like two different songs are being played at the beginning. one being played with a violin or something similar and the other by the edge. granted, its still the weakest song on the album, its not as bad as trip through your wires.

achtung babys strength is in its transition. it doesnt alter your mood too drastically

with that said.........

THE NEW ALBUM WILL NOT TOP ACHTUNG BABY unless they happened to come across some bud and were a little bad for a second.

THERE IS NO CHANCE that theyll capture that mindset they had when they put together AB without that key ingredient and without that mindset, the atmosphere WILL NOT BE THERE.

thanks for reading

I hope it isn't the "best album ever" like ATYCLB was supposed to be. I find that album to be listenable, but very mediocre, compared to their whole body of work.

But I am looking forward to it, and I hope that it sounds like U2 and not some other band.

Melon

i don't know why everyone bitches about ATYCLB. It is a great album full of soul and celebration. The first 7 tracks are awesome, Beautiful day is powerful (expecially on the slane DVD) and In a Little While is gorgeous. U2 just made a soul album, now it's time to rock again!

u2-vertigo!

djerdap wrote:

i agree ACHTUNG BABY is THE BEST ever!!!

joshua tree and achtung baby can certainly be topped, but by only one band, u2....

to be honest though, while this could be the best ever, good chance it could be there last...at least for another 3 or 4 years

Pfft, JT or AB the best? It's like we've forgotten The Unforgettable Fire. Greatest masterpiece ever, without a doubt. AB has TTTYAATW and Ultra Violet, JT has TTYW, but UF has absolutely no low point, not to mention some amazing b-sides.

I'd love to see U2 top UF.

(Though the greatest official release full stop is the UABRS video)

ultra violet is a low point?!?! wow, i didnt know that.
unforgettable fire is their current third masterpiece ive always thought.

Achtung Baby was saved by Zoo TV
but that is an entirely different thread on its own :D

just about every artist thinks their latest work is the best they've ever done :shrug:

So true Salome, so true. Bono even hailed "Pop" as a great work of art when they were hyping and promoting it...now they say it was unfocused and unfinished. The hype for this album is incredible in this forum. I love it!! Who says U2 is no longer relevant and now??

i think it's the 4 + years of waiting that is making for the incredible hype for this album.

We aint getting any younger

what do you expect bono to say?

its very mediocre compared to the rest of our stuf? it wont be as good as any of our other masterpieces?

of course its going to be hyped as their best record to date

Salome said:
Achtung Baby was saved by Zoo TV

clap clap clap

yes! it was!

JT is the best. No doubt. Nothing tops JT. So Cruel, Whos Gonna Ride, and TTTYAATW are just so lame on the album, man! we need some rock n' roll, like JT!

StlElevation said:
of course its going to be hyped as their best record to date

I know that of course they will talk about it and build hype, but if I remember correct the last time Bono said "this is our best album to date" they were recording Joshua Tree.

discothequeLP said:

we need some rock n' roll, like JT!

you mean like
ISHFWILF
RTSS
Red Hill Mining Town
Trip Thruogh Your Wires
Mothers of the Disappeared

?:scratch:

yeah, i do mean Red Hill, WOWY, Streets, ISHF, Exit, MOTD

i don't mean So Cruel (what crap) or Whos Gonna Ride (too long, bad singing)

i'm not the biggest fan of acrobat either

well, to each his own...

for me So Cruel and WGRYWH are 2 great tracks....probably stronger than Red Hill and In God's Country and Trip through...IMO.

Repeat after me: We want another album like The Unforgettable Fire.

There you go, that feels good, doesn't it?

Axver said:
Repeat after me: We want another album like The Unforgettable Fire.

There you go, that feels good, doesn't it?

LOL.

:up: dream out loud.

Back
Top Bottom