It's official: U2.com announcing the remaster dates

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
AndrewCowley said:

Not sure I'd put the Loreley gig into the 'legendary' category but anyway I wonder to what extent U2 own the rights to it? U2 didn't film it themselves, it is a TV broadcast, so I doubt they actually own it. I suppose they could buy it back.

I've got audio of their 1983 Werchter Festival performance and I reckon it is better than Loreley.

If they could include 5 songs on the UABRS album. Why they couldn't get the footage?

And I disagree about the Werchter festival. I haven't heard a better live Bono voice. It's just absolutely perfect :yes:

The problem is the mixing. Guitar was completely buried on some songs, but that was fixed on the UABRS album

While I don't disagree with Gg there (Bono strip-teasing to An Cat Dubh is pretty awesome :wink: ) I prefer his voice at Loreley. It's amazing.

COBL_04 said:
it does NOT feel like four years since Hutdab was released.

It's extraordinary isn't it. HTDAAB was the first first U2 album that was released when I was a hardcore fan, and it feels like only yesterday I recorded off the radio onto cassette the first time Vertigo was played on MMM, all the statiosn were fighting it out to play the song first, at 8.30am. I also remember that glorious City Of Blinding Lights recording that was on this forum, prior to the album release....was an immensely exciting time.

But it's been 4 years, they should've had an album out in '07...

"No word on how the music is developing from last year's songwriting sessions in France and Morocco but the band are in good form and enjoying themselves."

Well as long as they're enjoying themselves...who cares about the songwriting?

BEVERLY56 said:
"No word on how the music is developing from last year's songwriting sessions in France and Morocco but the band are in good form and enjoying themselves."

Well as long as they're enjoying themselves...who cares about the songwriting?

Yeah...so true...:lol:

We don't want an album or anything like that now, do we...:scratch:

I think some people here forget that "enjoying themselves" is a crucial part of being creative and making good music.

It would be tragic if they were in a constant state of frustration, not getting along with each other or being bored and sick of their music while making this album.

I don't think U2 has to apologize for "enjoying" anything. It's good to hear they are having a good time and enjoy playing together as a band and creating new stuff.

Ugh, when are we going to get the remaster of Melon: Remixes From Propaganda? "Take Me Higher!" :drool:

Odd? If u2tour.de is reporting it today, we need to give u2.com a couple of weeks at the earliest to report it as breaking news.

:wink:
Yes, but (U2tour.de says, according to Universal Germany: Boy and October at the end of July and War and UABRS mid-August), didn't U2.com have the info on Red Rocks DVD when they announced the remasters ?

It´s quite surprising that Universal has got other info than u2.com

We were told about the DVD by Universal some weeks ago. You can find it on another old thread here.
So it isn´t "new" news :)

Now amazon.de is listing the DVD for 7th july but Universal itself hasn´t confirmed this date yet.

I´m wondering why Universal is talking about 4 remastered album while u2.com reports about 3.

Hope, in July we can exspect remastered material and ..... yes ..... "Beach-clips" with new material from their forthcoming album as we get it in 2004 :)

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom