It's Official: New Single Finished - Steve Lillywhite

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Hanover

The Fly
Great news all...the wait is almost over...Steve lillywhite has just announced that the band has finally completed the first single from their new album. Producer Steve Lillwhite confirmed that they had wrapped up the track on June 15th but that there was no release date set for it yet. This is not a hoax...you have my word on it....

I know this is not a hoax. U2log.com reported about this last week:
http://u2log.com/archive/002816.shtml

Steve Lillywhite says "U2 single finished"

Here?s the Edge pictured by Aaron Govern outside Hanover studios on Wednesday. Aaron writes: ?Speaking to Edge he confirmed that the band would complete the album ?by the end of June - first week of July at latest?. [ ? ] When I asked Edge if this would be the last album they would record there, he said that it may not be because ?it wasn?t expected to be knocked down for another two or three years yet.??

Steve Lillywhite, in a chirpy mood, told Aaron he was ?really enjoying the recording? and that he had been with the band since March. This week the band have been doing ?lyric recordings?. Lillywhite was especially pleased ?because we finished the single yesterday.? (June 15th).

:)

Marty

Cheers Marty...thanks for adding the link but no sooner had I posted I actually found the full story in 'Where The Album Has No Name Forum' which was posted by lew07. Great to see you guys keeping tabs on matters...especially ones of this magnitude...

Ooops...excuse my manners...thanks Carrie...

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom