Its gonna be a monster!!!!!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

boystupidboy

Refugee
Just heard sometimes..... on virgin radio and its been voted #25 most wanted record of 2004 by listeners,and it ain't even out yet:drool: The dj said it was'nt out untill Feb??!?
I have a feeling that this could be THE defining u2 record...........its gonna be a monster:drool: :drool: :drool:

boystupidboy said:
Just heard sometimes..... on virgin radio and its been voted #25 most wanted record of 2004 by listeners,and it ain't even out yet:drool: The dj said it was'nt out untill Feb??!?
I have a feeling that this could be THE defining u2 record...........its gonna be a monster:drool: :drool: :drool:

I definately think it can be, I think it's the strongest song on the album. It's a pretty heavy song and it may just go over some people's head, so we'll see.

Hmmm, odd.
I don't think SYCMIOYO will work that well as a single. It's a very powerful song, but it's slow and it's looooooooooooooong. And yes, I know they will cut it for radio play, but I think that will take away from the song. If they were looking to do something different outside the USA, I would've gone with Original of the Species, which I'm really hoping they make a single anyway.

tennispunk said:
Hmmm, odd.
I don't think SYCMIOYO will work that well as a single. It's a very powerful song, but it's slow and it's looooooooooooooong. And yes, I know they will cut it for radio play, but I think that will take away from the song. If they were looking to do something different outside the USA, I would've gone with Original of the Species, which I'm really hoping they make a single anyway.

After the Rollingstone article, I am convinced OOTS will be a single.

that's aweful. OOTS is not nearly as poppy or catchy as peole say it is. The intro is too long and slow. The 2nd half of the song is great stuff though, i think it could have been much more with the intro, and should have been more guitar driven, like 2nd half of the song, rather than strings and piano of the first half!

Mercy, Xanax, and Smile should have been stuck in the place of OOTS, lsten to that list and tell me i'm wrong, lol!!! :wink:

innocent_eyes said:

Mercy, Xanax, and Smile should have been stuck in the place of OOTS, lsten to that list and tell me i'm wrong, lol!!! :wink:

alright.

you're wrong.

:wink:

Original Of The Species is my second favourite on the album behind Sometimes you cant make it on your own. To me these are 2 defining ballads that take this album to a level U2 hasnt seen in 15 years.

Back
Top Bottom