Its been a long long time.....

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

boystupidboy

Refugee
since i last watched Rattle and Hum but i've finally bought it on DVD today(going cheap at woolies).I've skipped thru' it and some things have struck me..
1 - Bonos voice,singing and talking,is totally different now.Hes now gone back to sounding Irish!!
2 - Boy have they slowed down since the late 80's! 'streets' sounded like a different song back then.
3 - Larry's drumming was a lot 'harder' then.he twatted the drums with a lot more force than he does now,thats probably why hes got a dodgy back .
4 - Bono's on stage 'posturing' is no where near as annoying now than it was then
5 - Adam was,well,Adam as he is now:|

I've never been a real big fan of R&H but i must admit i did enjoy watching it this time...17 years after the event:ohmy: :| :rockon:

Aardvark747 said:

:drool:

:ohmy: Sorry! I thought that said Heartland!

:wink:

:laugh:

Heartland... :heart:

"I've had enough of Irish Americans who haven't been back to their country in twenty or thirty years, come up to me and talk about the resistance, the revolution back home. And the glory of the revolution, and the glory of dying for the revolution. FUCK THE REVOLUTION! They don't talk about the glory of killing for the revolution. Where's the glory in taking a man out of his bed and gunning him down in front his wife and children? Where's the glory in that? Where's the glory in bombing a Remembrance Day parade of old-age pensioners, their medals taken out and polished up for the day? Where's the glory in that? To leave them dying...or crippled for life...or DEAD, under the rubble of the revolution that the majority of the people in my country don't want. Say no more!"

All from memory. :| I probably messed something up, but that's the gist of it. It's a speech that has stuck out in my mind from the first time I heard it...the most powerful part of the movie, I think.

Lancemc said:
Jesus Christ Gibby. That's just insane. And pretty damn close to verbatim. :wink:

I try. :drool: But considering that I've watched that part of the movie oh, say, 248 times, it's not surprising. :wink:

I guess that makes sense. It's not like I can't recite every line from Young Frankenstein in each actors own accent. :|

boystupidboy said:
since i last watched Rattle and Hum but i've finally bought it on DVD today(going cheap at woolies).I've skipped thru' it and some things have struck me..
1 - Bonos voice,singing and talking,is totally different now.Hes now gone back to sounding Irish!!
2 - Boy have they slowed down since the late 80's! 'streets' sounded like a different song back then.
3 - Larry's drumming was a lot 'harder' then.he twatted the drums with a lot more force than he does now,thats probably why hes got a dodgy back .
4 - Bono's on stage 'posturing' is no where near as annoying now than it was then

I've never been a real big fan of R&H but i must admit i did enjoy watching it this time...17 years after the event:ohmy: :| :rockon:

btw Boy - I gotta say, this has to be the most serious thread u've ever started!:wink:

Bono's on stage 'posturing' is no where near as annoying now than it was then
Sorry but I can't EVEN agree with this. I have always, will always appreciate--look forward to--admire--drool over--any Bono poses. That's part of his allure and his stage personality.

boystupidboy said:

Oh shit... I meant the exact opposite when I quoted this post. Didn't mean to agree with it. :banghead: Bono's posturing has no doubt become over pronounced and worse since 2000. It was better before.

BONO'ppetit said:
Sorry but I can't EVEN agree with this. I have always, will always appreciate--look forward to--admire--drool over--any Bono poses. That's part of his allure and his stage personality.

Gotta agree with this :up:

boystupidboy said:

1 - So is that good or bad? ;)
2 - Well being 40+ will do that to you
3 - see no. 2
4 - I disagree, not only because his stage poses are a part of his stage performance, but also I think he's been far far worse in the past than he is now
5 - He used to look the oldest in the band, but no glasses really helped him in this current era

Re: Re: Its been a long long time.....

U2girl said:

1 - So is that good or bad? ;)
2 - Well being 40+ will do that to you
3 - see no. 2
4 - I disagree, not only because his stage poses are a part of his stage performance, but also I think he's been far far worse in the past than he is now
5 - He used to look the oldest in the band, but no glasses really helped him in this current era

After much thought i've finally decided that i like the u2 of now much more.They give more mature performance now and i think Bonos voice has a certain quality to it ,not as strong as it used to be but he did tend to shout rather than sing.
Or maybe its cos i'm getting older and i don't like it as loud as i used to:wink: :huh: :huh: :( :sad:

Back
Top Bottom