It's August already, where's the news???

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

innocent_eyes

Refugee
I know its only the 2nd but we really need some news.

What would you prefer to get next if we could only choose one of the following:

-> confirmed release dates
-> More song descriptions
-> first single title
-> Album title
-> Whats on the dvd

I'd choose -> More song descriptions, thats most important to me, though the release dats and single title would be exciting, lol!

What would make me happy this week is a title and a list of all the song names. Then at the end of August if we get 30 second snippets of all the songs. By the end of September (but hopefully by Sept 15th) a single on the radio. Then all that would be enough until the album comes out. :|

innocent_eyes said:

-> confirmed release dates

This is what I'd like from those choices.

I don't want any more fans giving me opinions of songs they may or may not have heard. I'm tired of having to try to figure out all those such-and-such song meets this other song descriptions. :rolleyes: And one fan's "hard rock" is another fan's fucking Hoobastank as hard rock. Quit with the delirious girls and boys riding in cars with Bono and give me the real deal.

[/rant]

I'll take a schedule of the tour, actually. But from your choices, I'll choose confirmed release dates.

My inside sources tell me that the full press release for the new album will come out sometime after August 2nd...

I'll take anything confirmed by an actual member of U2 - not somebody's second cousin/Edge's housekeeper - about the new album. Not a vauge idea of what songs are but sosng titles/album release date..

I would love to have a confirmed release date, like nurse chrissi, from an actual member of the band, or Paul McGuiness.

i'd like confirmation that they survived being underwater for so long during the most recent photo shoot held in a swimming pool.

Per Bono, the confirmed release is in November, according to last week's interview with CNN. Universal has told Interference that the album is due in late November.

So in that light, I'd like more of an official confirmation on the album title and launch events on MTV/VH1 and such. :shrug:

If I recall correct Bono, Paul McGuiness and Universal all said November (22). So he may be onto something.

Song descriptions, and maybe something more detailed than "the song rocked" or "it was a sweet melody". I'd like to specifically know if the new album can be compared to any sounds U2 had in the past so we can at least guess what to expect.

I guarantee that we will get news about the album before November 22nd. So don't worry.

It's also possible that the stolen CD issue brought their whole publicity machine to a temporary halt.

However, I'm guessing that as more time passes without the stolen CD appearing online, U2 will become more relaxed and everything will get back on track for a traditional publicity buildup.

Nothing has been halted. Because November 22 is so far off there is no reason to make all sorts of announcements just yet. Come end of this month we'll know a lot more, but until then we're all just biding our time.

I'm betting on a load of new information next week - I'm being generous here - letting Edge have a fun birthday party, recover from said birthday party and then get to the business of promoting the new album.
In the spirit of parties I believe that I will follow in the speculated senario the boys are doing now (party), recover and be in good form for next week for new album news

I'll take anything as long as its not coming from a fan who drove in a white masseratti recently.

If they do something similar to what happened prior to ATYCLB then news about the first single should hit the net in the next 10 days to 2 weeks.

Beautiful Day was reported as early as July 20th 2000.
The album followed 3 months and ten days later.
3 months and ten days prior to 11-22-04 is August 12th, 2004.
Now, I don't think that numbers of days really mean anything, but it's at least consistent with what they've done in the past.
The same time span was used on POP and Discotheque.
They aren't exactly the same but close enough to at least HOPE for some news soon.

Not scientific, but I think prospects for new news are good for the next few weeks, hopefully.

I'm going to predict August 15th, in the Sunday papers, it will mention the release date and the name of the first single, although the name of the album may not be known until September.

I was actually starting to think that something would be said on Edge's birthday, but ... that's obviously not happened.

U2DMfan said:
If they do something similar to what happened prior to ATYCLB then news about the first single should hit the net in the next 10 days to 2 weeks.

Beautiful Day was reported as early as July 20th 2000.
The album followed 3 months and ten days later.
3 months and ten days prior to 11-22-04 is August 12th, 2004.
Now, I don't think that numbers of days really mean anything, but it's at least consistent with what they've done in the past.
The same time span was used on POP and Discotheque.
They aren't exactly the same but close enough to at least HOPE for some news soon.

Not scientific, but I think prospects for new news are good for the next few weeks, hopefully.

I'm going to predict August 15th, in the Sunday papers, it will mention the release date and the name of the first single, although the name of the album may not be known until September.

I remember that the first time I heard all of "Beautiful Day" was on MTV around the 9th of September 2000. That is when they played the entire video for the first time and had an interview with Larry and Bono. That was just under two months prior to the release of ATYCLB on October 31, 2000.

For this new album, we probably will not see the video for the first video until the first week in October. But they may release a little early in September, just so the song can qualify for this coming years Grammy Awards which will take place in February.

I thought that was the last or second to last week of August, because I remember even what's her name the blonde former vh1 vj saying "but the album doesn't come out until OCTOBER 31".

either way, ok so about 2 months before the album......

man....that's September 22......

:|

:no:

dammit.

If U2 are planning on releasing it November 22nd, or really anytime in November, then you can guarantee some news by the end of August.

It might not be much it might just say:

"U2 will be releasing their new album 'Edge's Ballsack' on Nov 22/23 -2004 and the first single will be called 'Gettin' Drunk with Ghandi' and will be released Nov 8/9 -2004"

Probably wouldnt hit MTV until mid October but I bet you it would be online a month from now. Discotheque was on radio at least a full 2 months before Pop came out, I remember I heard it on my birthday, which is in mid-January. Who knows when it was online back then, but I bet it was before then. And in that case, I think it was officially released in Feb 97, if memory serves correct.

The singles are just a cash cow anymore, the songs are largely heard by the public much prior to the offical releases, this is true with all bands. Once the music (at least the single) is out of the bands' and label's hands, then it will be online in no time. Because anyone, and that means anyone can leak it online even if it says "don't play until September 20th" or whatever, they can do it anonymously and it would be online days before it hits radio, just like all the other music from all kinds of artists,

This place was dead and frothing with anticipation 4 years ago, nothing much happened day after day, then one day you sign on to this page and there is a 30 second clip of the single, and 2 weeks later the whole song is there.

After that it's all downhill baby.

Back
Top Bottom