It's a beautiful day! (songs that put you in a good mood!)

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

madonna's child

Rock n' Roll Doggie VIP PASS
It's Friday afternoon, sunny and 63 F degrees out! And my spring break starts in less then 2 hours! Could the day be better? I have Beautiful Day in my head, today, for obvious reasons. The song always puts me in a good mood.

What U2 songs put a smile on your face and a hop in your step?

:) :) :)

BD of course :love: Streets, Heartland, because they remind me of road trips,and well, come to think of it they don't have all that many happy songs, but good stuff anyway! :wave:

for some odd reason - Elvis Presely and America - makes me feel slightly above a mere mortal; capable of inspiring others and making others feel great. Don't ask me why

Streets
BD
ISHFWILF
Pride (I love singing this one in the car)
Walk On
The Fly
Summer Rain
Spanish Eyes
Sweetest Thing

Mysterious Ways
Streets
Desire
One Tree Hill
Beautiful Day
Discotheque
Zooropa
Babyface
Out of Control
11 O' Clock Tick Tock
Party Girl

Beautiful Day, Elevation, Lemon, Elvis Presley and America, The Fly, Is that All?, Gloria, Do you feel loved, Heartland, Promenade, Seconds, Zoo Station

GREAT TOPIC!! I just got back from a walk and it felt reeeeaaaaaaaally good (kept singing to myself the line fron "Streets" - "I want to feel...sunlight on my face"). SO YES, I think I'll make a CD of this type of material after making the list...

"BEAUTIFUL DAY" (of course!)
"Where the Streets Have No Name" (very spiritual and uplifting and takes me to another plain)
"Out of Control" (I remember listening to this song after I purchased the CD about a year and a half ago and dancing into the kitchen...my mom was confused :p )
"Pride (In the Name of Love)" (for what and who it stands for and the positive message it presents)
"Walk On" (I always think of the American video for the song where near the end of the song Bono is walking in the middle of the street as the lyrics "...leave it behind" are sung. He looks so friggin' cool and I try imitating him while I walk across the asphalt :shifty: )
"Angel of Harlem" (I think Bono is having a good time singing this song on the record and I whenever I listen to it I feel as though I pick up some of that positive energy)
"Always" (sure it's the same as "Beautiful Day" (it was the blueprint for the song, wasn't it?), but that doesn't diminish any of the joyousness in the song)
"The Sweetest Thing" (it may not have the "happiest" theme in the world, but the melody sure is comforting, if that makes any sense)

KAY, there's my list at the moment. I'll probably think of 2 or 3 more after I hit the "Submit Reply" button, but because I'm a lazy bastard I won't edit them in. Have a beautiful day :wave:

Streets
Pride
I Will Follow
Gloria
Desire
A Celebration
Mysterious Ways
In A Little While
Elevation
Angel of Harlem
Big Girls Are Best
11 o'clock Tick Tock
Always
Christmas (Baby Please Come Home)

:p Babyface for some reason makes me feel relaxed, Streets, Sweetest Thing, Pride, Mysterios Ways, Hold me, Thrill Me, Elevation, Beautiful Day

Elevation
Mysterious Ways
The Fly
HMTMKMKM
Walk on
Out Of Control
Beautiful Daaaaaaaaaaay!!! :lol:
WTSHNN
I Will Follow
MOFO
Discotheque
and many more...

This is a great subject!

Gone - is very uplifting with its soaring guitar line.
The Three Sunrises - I can't help but grin when I hear this song!
Streets - The ultimate U2 track, its a journey of a song.
Pride - Very much a celebratory song to a great man.
Electrical Storm - Sounds like its about a troubled relationship but its a plea to keep things together.
Gloria - Particularly live at Red Rocks.
Angel Of Harlem - Great singalong.
Beautiful Day - Totally inspiring.
Spanish Eyes - Should have been a single!

I think the video for the one where Bono is singing 'sorry' for missing his girlfriends bday!!!

I cant remember the name of the song though!

Its soooooooooo sweet with all her fav things such as elephants etc!!!

Ehat a sweet hart our Bono is.... :drool:

A sort of Homecoming - just amazing
Beautiful day
Always - just in my opinion - could have been a A side song if it wasn't a sister to BD
Mysterious Ways - Just an amazing song - very empowering
Lemon - Just :heart: Bono's voice
Wild Honey - happy little song
New Years Day
Elevation - fun to scream along with the boys
Angel of Harlem - Agree with the fact that it is a great sing along song
In a little while - just something about that song....
A celabration
Dancing Barefoot - I know that it is a cover song but the way u2 bring new life to it.
Spanish eyes - also should have been an A side

Zoo Station
Myterious Ways
Discotheque
11 O'Clock Tick Tock
One Tree Hill
Out of Control
Even Better Than the Real Thing
The Fly
Last Night on Earth
Desire
All Along the Watchtower
Where the Streets Have No Name
Spanish Eyes
Party Girl
Cartoon World
Wild Rover :wink:
Van Deimen's Land
Elevation
Beautiful Day
New York
New Year's Day

and any U2 song that I hear on the radio!

Last edited:
Kate1 said:
I think the video for the one where Bono is singing 'sorry' for missing his girlfriends bday!!!

I cant remember the name of the song though!

Its soooooooooo sweet with all her fav things such as elephants etc!!!

Ehat a sweet hart our Bono is.... :drool:

Sweetest Thing :) I :heart: that song ... and yes, it does always put me in a good mood! Especially if I'm watching the video.

Beautiful Day
Walk On
Lady With The Spinning Head
WTSHNN
Mysterious Ways
Pride
Angel of Harlem
UTEOTW

la la la la la lady with the spinning head.....

Back
Top Bottom