it really is a shame that we didn't get a full milan dvd

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
J_NP said:

Milan has Follow / Electric Co

Wow, I Will Follow, that's NEVER been on U2's live releases before! Personally, I think TEC + ACD/ITH pisses all over TEC + IWF, and Chicago also has 40 and no bloody With Or Without Overplayed You.

I wish Gloria had ended up on a DVD. :sad:

but with or without you is great on the milan dvd. the crowd keeps singing as the band leaves the stage.

that said, with or without you should NOT make it to the next dvd.

U2Man said:
but with or without you is great on the milan dvd. the crowd keeps singing as the band leaves the stage.

that said, with or without you should NOT make it to the next dvd.

The crowd kept singing at a couple of shows I went to as well. All I could think was "this is better when it's 40". I swear, if U2 never played WOWY again and re-released all of their DVDs except RAH without WOWY, I would not be sad. Every post-1992 performance has just tarnished that stunning song.

Axver said:

Wow, I Will Follow, that's NEVER been on U2's live releases before! Personally, I think TEC + ACD/ITH pisses all over TEC + IWF, and Chicago also has 40 and no bloody With Or Without Overplayed You.

I enjoy ACD-ITH quite a lot , actually I didn't know these songs before Chicago DVD

But the thing of Follow is like , The Boston version does nothing for me , and The Milan does a lot , that's why I pointed out , it's a superb version

Curious , for example The Mexico Popmart Version of follow I absolutely love , I start to think Follow only works in outdoors shows

J_NP said:
But the thing of Follow is like , The Boston version does nothing for me , and The Milan does a lot , that's why I pointed out , it's a superb version

Curious , for example The Mexico Popmart Version of follow I absolutely love , I start to think Follow only works in outdoors shows

Boston's IWF was terrible, I agree with that. It lost a lot of intensity on Elevation. The Popmart version initially didn't appeal to me, but I really like it now. As far as I'm concerned, though, the definitive live footage of IWF is Red Rocks, and I feel the best live era for the song is not when it was done in stadiums, but even earlier than Red Rocks, when it shook clubs on the October Tour. The song hit a great stride on that tour.

Is there a significant difference between Elevation/Vertigo I will follow?
They murdered the song on Popmart, and I didn't like the song live that much until Irving Plaza show came along.

While WOWY admittedly hasn't been the same since Zoo TV (play the solo again Edge!), I don't see how 40 isn't overplayed too. The song closed the shows on 4 consecutive tours all the time plus quite a few on the last tour. The biggest rehash of their touring history next to the "Zoo TV" encore.

Interesting Bono doing a little cat impersonation is better than, say, the guy that hopped around like an idiot for 5 minutes (and drank on stage, and did pervy camera shots of female audience) or the guy that was hopping around in a boxer's robe punching in the air.

I hate the fact that they could put the whole chicago concert on dvd where as it really sucked, but they put 10 songs on a dvd where its really good..

they have to start listening to the fans, if they are, who in the hell are they?:wink:

U2girl said:
Is there a significant difference between Elevation/Vertigo I will follow?
They murdered the song on Popmart, and I didn't like the song live that much until Irving Plaza show came along.

I guess it's all a matter of taste :shrug: Like many people I've heard didn't like Popmart take coz of

-Edge not playin it with the Xplorer
-Using flanger on it

Curious , that they did a different whole thing on Wowy on Zoomerang , and I didn't much liked that , while with Follow I loved , don't know gave live back to it .....

The difference between El and Vert , I think the main is , most of Vertigo tour it was played on Stadiums , and only Edge on Guitar ....

And yet on Elevation X Popmart , I compare the official versions :

Boston , let's see Bono is playin guitar all excited but U can't hear no sound coming from it ... :| Adam looks hell bored , specially on the bridge part , Larry's drumming is slow and sort of dull .... I don't know they just weren't with hunger on it

Now look at Mexico ... One thing even who doesn't like Pop versions is , Larry is hungry as hell , look at his drumming right after the 1st verse ..... It's a whole different energy , Bono w/out guitar loose and great singing .... Even Edge is moving and playing it like never before , Pretty much like that

Back
Top Bottom