It may be early to be asking but...

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

*~moon~demon~*

Babyface
I just found out my graduation present is going to be U2 tickets! I"m really excited and I just wanna know a few things! I've never been to a U2 show and I know most of you guys have...so heres my questions!
If I want good seats (i'm talking close to stage!) how early would I have to be at the ticketmaster before all the good seats sell out?

Also, how early should I be at the gates the day of the concert? If I have to spend the night on a sidewalk, I'll do it! Just someone please give me more info on how to go about to a U2 concert! The tour should be this year (hopefully spring or summer) at least I'm hoping!

Thanks for any advice!

moon demon - It really depends on what kind of concert they're putting on, I guess.

First thing: If you go to buy in person, it would be best to be at a Ticketmaster outlet (preferably one that not too many people know about) as early as possible - like an hour before tickets go on sale. However, sometimes it doesn't matter if you're there super early because they'll give everyone numbers and then call them out in random order, so you could potentially get there first but end up buying last. I have never experienced this, though. You should also get your friends and family to buy tickets on line or over the phone at the same time, just in case you don't have the best of luck by yourself. If you end up with extra tickets, you can always sell them. This is the counter benefit from a high demand show like U2. Though tickets are tough to get, this also means you'll have no trouble getting rid of them. If you get your friends/relatives to help you buy tickets, you should put a cap on what type of ticket you're willing to buy. You don't want them buying you nose bleed seats if you don't want them to.

I usually buy through the ticketmaster website. You need a credit card for this. If you do this, you should register first, as you likely won't have enough time to enter all your information in on the day of sale. That's the simplest way to do it. Then you just go on the site, enter your password, and purchase your tickets as soon as they go on sale.

As for the concert itself, this is where it really depends on the kind of show they'll have. If they copy the Elevation Tour format and offer General Admission tickets for the floor, those are the ones to get (if you want to get close to the band). If you get those tickets - which were actually cheaper last tour than the actual seat tickets - you would want to get to the arena/stadium as early as possible, if you want to get close to the stage. I recommend 9 hours early. You can make a day of it if you're going with your friends. Bring some music (preferably a U2 mix CD), snacks, drinks, and some things you want signed by the band... because they will often come outside at some point before the concert. But I wouldn't spend the night at the arena or anything like that!

Last edited:
Yay! ooh! thank you! ;) great advice! I live in a small town so I can go to a ticketmaster where I know it won't be crowded. Thank you so much! :D

For good seats to either Arena or Stadium shows, and you want to be as close as possible, what should you have in your idea of spending?

Last year General Admission tix were only $45, if you put your time in line you had the best seats (well, standing area) in the house. For an actual physical seat, those went for about $130 and were far away and sucked.

Who knows if they will do GA again, I'm guessing the price will have gone up a bit if they do. Ticketmaster has been talking about going to a bidding system for tickets as well, and if that actually comes true, very few of the 'true' fans will get to go due to high cost :(

urrgh Ticketmaster.... they messed up my chance of getting a ticket the last time.... now the auction, and no chance of getting any tickets through propaganda.... this is not fair at all!

Can the artists refuse to put the tickets up for auction or it's up to the "wonderful" people at Universal and Ticketmaster?

Back
Top Bottom