It has struck me..

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Palace_Hero

Refugee, Note: Troll-like
The Morning After. Ranking: Troll of Interference.
I thought Bono had really aged from Zoo to Elevation.. but watching the Boston DVD I think if that man slipped into some leather and pulled on some big black shades, he could still have convincingly pulled off the Fly.. anyone else agree? Personally I think it is from Elevation to the present Bono has aged the most, though I think he could get by if he would just stop pulling his hair back. In concert, I'd imagine the mixture of sweat and the messing up of his hair will make him look 10 times better.

Or do I obsess too much about his image?

Palace_Hero said:
I thought Bono had really aged from Zoo to Elevation.. but watching the Boston DVD I think if that man slipped into some leather and pulled on some big black shades, he could still have convincingly pulled off the Fly.. anyone else agree? Personally I think it is from Elevation to the present Bono has aged the most, though I think he could get by if he would just stop pulling his hair back. In concert, I'd imagine the mixture of sweat and the messing up of his hair will make him look 10 times better.

Yes, I agree

And no you can't obsess too much about Bono:laugh:

Well, if you think about it - Bono was in his early-mid 30s during ZOO. Late 30s during PopMart and in his early 40s during Elevation - I think he looks wonderful for his age considering all the living he has done. :shrug:

HelloAngel said:
Well, if you think about it - Bono was in his early-mid 30s during ZOO. Late 30s during PopMart and in his early 40s during Elevation - I think he looks wonderful for his age considering all the living he has done. :shrug:

:yes:

Palace_Hero said:

I think he could still do it...have you seen the pictures of him when he accepted the UK Hall of Fame award? When I first saw them, I thought he was the Fly all over again.

Bono still looks pretty young to me, he has more lines on his face than the rest of the band but I believe thats partly down to his smoking and hard drinking! Plus the erratic of lifestyle of touring doesn't help. During the Zoo Tv Era I thought he looked older than his years, funnily enough.

Maybe he should use the same magic anti-aging devices that Micheal Jackson uses.:|

I think most men who've lived the life that Bono has would kill to look as he does.

He aged most in the time from Zoo TV to POP.
I don't think he looks that much different now than he did during ATYCLB time, only cut the hair and shave and he easily looks a lot younger.

ya, he has aged a lot. He's still looks cool as ever though. I don't think he could pull off the Fly anymore, and I hope not to see it again. It's my favorite u2 era and tour, but nope....

I actually think he looks pretty young, about the same as he did during Elevation, like he's in his late thirties or so. He looked his oldest during Pop. Good grief, he looked terrible then.

I think all of them have aged tremendously since Elevation (except Larry, of course). However, I think Bono looked worse in late 2002 than he does now. His hair kept getting flatter and flatter from the time he was on Oprah's show to mid 2003 and he really needed to shave. It was aweful! He really looks alot better.

Hair aside, LOSE THE SHADES! He looks so handsome and so much younger without them! My brother saw the Slane show on TV and asked what year it was. I told him and he was shocked, because he thought Bono looked too young for it to be 2001.

yeah, I thought the short hair gave him some youth back. I was just watching the Miami version of Staring at the Sun, and he was very playful in that video, seemed very young at heart.

No matter how many people say otherwise, I liked his hair so much better in 1997 than it has been since. Not the crew cut, but when it started to grow back in. Especially with the moustache and unconnected goatee. Wish the guy sported facial hair more often, but perhaps Ali isn't a fan.

laz

I know you were joking, but...

Do Miss America said:
Maybe he should use the same magic anti-aging devices that Micheal Jackson uses.:|

:yikes: That is the most horrifying thing I have ever heard! (Just the thought of Bono having that marvelous nose bobbed... :sad: )

Yeah, I know you were kidding. But I prefer a man to keep his own face, lines, warts and all, instead of trying to look like a Ken doll. There's a time and place for plastic surgery, but Bono does not need it. He's beautiful the way he is. :)

Last edited:
I think he is looking very sexy. I was so excited to see his eyes in the SYCMIOYO video. His shades were starting to annoy me!

I'm kinda hoping that he dyes his hair black again and wears leather for the tour....but wishful thinking! :drool:

Back
Top Bottom