Is U2 your top band?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Is U2 Your Favorite Band?

• Yes! Only U2!

Votes: 105 81.4%
  • Well.. it's a tie between U2 and one other band

Votes: 20 15.5%
  • Nope- I like U2 as much as any other band

Votes: 4 3.1%

• Total voters

oliveu2cm

Rock n' Roll Doggie FOB
Some people aren't all out fanatics and some are.. I'm interested in finding out the percentage----- hey all you lurkers better vote too!! :sexywink:

Last edited:
This should be an interesting poll. I'd love to see how many people take the time to come here but don't have U2 as their favorite band. I find it hard to believe, but I bet there are a few here, especially based on the response to some of the threads and the fact that there are actually people here that do not own every U2 album.

[color=royal blue]Dear God YES. Before I got into U2 I had been looking for a favorite band forEVER. It seemed like everyone else had one, and I just couldn't find any one band that I loved.

:) Yay
[/color]

It's really hard to say. I don't think of myself as a fair-weather fan but maybe I am by some standards because they are not always my favourite band. It's partly because I really just don't like some of the mid-90's stuff--and yes, it's true that I probably haven't given it enough of a chance. But I'm not like some people who literally listen to U2 almost every day of their life, not even close. I would say U2 is always one of my top three or four bands, but they move around in those positions. They have frequently been my top favourite, often for long periods of time, in the almost eight years since I became a fan. I often say Sting, U2 and Led Zeppelin when asked my top three favourites, but not necessarily in any particular order--and lately I haven't listened too much to Led Zeppelin so I don't know that they belong there. Right now, I have to say that my favourite band is Midnight Oil because I recently saw them live and have bought almost all their albums. I always liked them, but I'm not sure they ever cracked my top five. Now I'd say they'll be there for a long time.

Sooo...I couldn't really vote in this poll because none of the choices quite seemed to fit!

After a hard struggle between many bands, U2 was and is the only one I really, really love and after such a great time with this fantastic band it will stay like this!

ONLY U2!!! :D

scatteroflight said:
It's really hard to say. I don't think of myself as a fair-weather fan but maybe I am by some standards because they are not always my favourite band. It's partly because I really just don't like some of the mid-90's stuff--and yes, it's true that I probably haven't given it enough of a chance. But I'm not like some people who literally listen to U2 almost every day of their life, not even close. I would say U2 is always one of my top three or four bands, but they move around in those positions. They have frequently been my top favourite, often for long periods of time, in the almost eight years since I became a fan. I often say Sting, U2 and Led Zeppelin when asked my top three favourites, but not necessarily in any particular order--and lately I haven't listened too much to Led Zeppelin so I don't know that they belong there. Right now, I have to say that my favourite band is Midnight Oil because I recently saw them live and have bought almost all their albums. I always liked them, but I'm not sure they ever cracked my top five. Now I'd say they'll be there for a long time.

Sooo...I couldn't really vote in this poll because none of the choices quite seemed to fit!

I guess I would say what you described sort of fits Number 3 actually. I didn't mean #3 to sound like every other band meaning the teenpop stuff but just in general you enjoy them but no more than anyone else... :huh:

oh well that's the one drawback w/ creating threads- never make enough options!

I think there are more people out there that read/subscribe to this board than we would think who would not choose #1 though.

Yup, it's U2 all the way! Although I listen to other types of music and other awesome bands, U2 is the only one that I think is the soundtrack of my life. :yes:

hi april! *waves* Great thread carrie! *waves*

i obsess over U2 also, but duran duran is my second favorite.
i have loved other bands over the yrs too, but these 2 bands have always been with me.

MonaVox said:
[color=royal blue]Dear God YES. Before I got into U2 I had been looking for a favorite band forEVER. It seemed like everyone else had one, and I just couldn't find any one band that I loved.

:) Yay
[/color]

The same thing happened to me...no favorite band, nothing to really excite me, then came U2....

Mrs.Clayton said:
The same thing happened to me...no favorite band, nothing to really excite me, then came U2....

The same thing happened to me as well. I always wanted an ultimate favorite band and then U2 came along. U2 is definitely #1 in my heart.

without a doubt U2 if my favorite band and as of right now my #2 band would have to be PJ Harvey. i fell in love with them when they opened up for U2 and have been collecting/listening to boot cds of em'. it's just a shame that they don't get the exposure they deserve on radio/mtv. i'm sick of turning on MTV and seeing the RAP/METAL thang all the time.....some dude screaming into the mic and the band seeing how loud/fast they can play.....so stupid!!!

Mrs.Clayton said:

Me too. I had been trying to find something I really liked, but nothing seemed to fit -- I liked some bands, but they didn't give me everything I wanted. And then I saw the Beautiful Day video.. :D Magic.

Even I can listen to difernet stuff, and that I'm not the U2 freak I was years ago, U2 is in the top of my list, and very high, and it will remain there....forever!

wertsie said:
Yes! They are number one for me and everybody else is lightyears below.

lightyears below eh? ;)
What do you think of that evolution?

This was the toughest poll I've seen here so far. U2 is my all time favorite band, but I hardly listen to them so I voted for #3. :ohmy:

Its hard for me to choose between U2 and BNL. I just think it's cool how BNL met at the music camp I go to.

• Bono is not my favourite lyricist, but he does rank up there
  • they may not be my favourite musicians, but I do rate them highly
  • U2 is my favourite live band
  • they show tremendous heart and soul

overall I do rate them my favourite band

Actually, I just wanted to add that I couldn't possibly be a fair-weather U2 fan, because of the somewhat bizarre way in which I became a fan. It was 1994. I was 15. I had been aware of U2 since before Achtung Baby, and for various reasons I was rather biased against all their 90's work. Oh, and I hated Zooropa. I liked at least some of the Achtung songs, but I REALLY hated Zooropa. I've mellowed a bit since though I still don't hold Zooropa and Pop in high regard. So what did I do in 1994, the year after Zooropa came out, but go and become a huge U2 fan because of their old stuff. First I bought War. Then Blood Red Sky. Then UF. And so on.

I think I'm just a unique individual! I would actually be interested to know if other people have a similar story--becoming a big fan of an older era of U2, during an era when you were disillusioned with what the band was doing at the time? At the time it almost felt like I liked a band that wasn't around any more, because they seemed so different and I didn't like what they were doing. Weird.

oliveu2cm said:

I guess I would say what you described sort of fits Number 3 actually. I didn't mean #3 to sound like every other band meaning the teenpop stuff but just in general you enjoy them but no more than anyone else... :huh:

But it doesn't really fit me, because they do mean more to me than the vast majority of other bands...they have been one of the most important soundtracks to my life, I have thought about them and listened to them and quoted them and ranted about them soo much...they're just not THE soundtrack.

Back
Top Bottom