Is U2 annoying?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

AdamsMango

War Child
Freer than a bird 'Cause we're rockin' Ohio
I was at Am I annoying? and they had all of U2 and the band as a whole..Look what it said!

59.26%
think Bono is annoying!

43.18%
think U2 is annoying!

56.41%
think Edge, The is annoying!

44.83%
think Adam Clayton is annoying!

62.50%
think Larry Mullen, Jr. is annoying!

the people that made the site HATE bono!! they called him a deluded ego-maniac! Arg!

Okay, so maybe I can see how Bono is annoying, but the others? Now that's just being petty. :)

To me, it's pretty obvious. You have someone with a lot of confidence, and a belief in himself and what he stand for. You have someone who isn't apologetic in those things (though he can be self depreciating at times in a humorous way). What does that make people want to do? Tear him down. It's human nature. People tend to resent it when they see someone else getting away with something that they believe they wouldn't themselves get away with. And people are evious. It's all quite petty in the end. And here we have a website that uses pettiness as a form of entertainment. And you can't deny it isn't entertaining at some level. Kind of scary, isn't it?

You know what, I can see where Bono's loud mouth and super confidence can come off as "annoying", but the way I see it, I don't think anyone here or just about anywhere else has the right to point fingers at him after all he's done for humanity. People that dare to criticise him that way I think are sick individuals who've probably never given two seconds of thought about making a difference in other peoples' lives. They can call it a publicity stunt if they want, but Bono is pure heart and soul. After what I experienced last month, nothing will ever convince me otherwise.

well im just thrilled to bits that livluvandbootlegmusic doesnt find me annoying.

as for bono, ya he can be annoying but the others? what did they ever do?

I was looking through the web site and a lot of the information for artists I'm familiar with seems inaccurate (U2 constantly reminds us that they're Irish?) or just petty (John Lennon is annoying because he took 1975-1980 off as a stay-at-home dad?). Some of it's funny though (they make fun of Edge's beanie).

How the hell can Larry be annoying? He rarely even speaks for God's sake!!!

or Adam either for that matter

hmmmm lets see they think larry is annoying because he's a vegitarian, has a tatoo, was in a St Patricks day parade, and does karate (not that I know of, but who knows?). yeah...that makes sense. Oh and a reason that he's not annoying is that he's been married to the same woman for 20 years. They could at least try to get their facts straight :|

Last edited:
Of course it's likely that only people who find U2/Bono annoying are going to weigh in on that, so it's not really very scientific, is it? :wink:

People think Bono's annoying for the same reason they, myself included, think Scott Stapp is annoying... the whole I think I'm God thing. The difference between the two is Bono doesn't actually think he's God, it just seems like it sometimes... whereas Scott Stap truely believes he is the second comming of Christ.

scott stapp is annoying because his band is boring. i thought that he was going around telling people he was jim morrison incarnate, not christ. :shrug:

that's just one of those sites that exist to entertain people who have less than no life...made by people with less than no life...i'm actually surprised that they had the whole band on there...and those are the stupiedst reasons to be annoyed. like i can't help but laugh at how much the beanie seems to bug so many people, and that they say adam c looks older than he is...what rediculous reasons...

IWasBored said:
scott stapp is annoying because his band is boring. i thought that he was going around telling people he was jim morrison incarnate, not christ. :shrug:

that's just one of those sites that exist to entertain people who have less than no life...made by people with less than no life...i'm actually surprised that they had the whole band on there...and those are the stupiedst reasons to be annoyed. like i can't help but laugh at how much the beanie seems to bug so many people, and that they say adam c looks older than he is...what rediculous reasons...

:barf: Creed :barf:

:coocoo: Scott Stapp sure acts like he thinks he's the Christ incarnate in his videos!

wertsie said:

:barf: Creed :barf:

:coocoo: Scott Stapp sure acts like he thinks he's the Christ incarnate in his videos!

ugh...i saw a five second clip of the video for "higher". other than that i've not seen any of their videos. i don't like them. i had a copy of one of their albums on a tape because i wasn't really into them but thought i might want to listen to it someday (hey, having tapes of certain albums made me a huge u2 fan, so it seemed like a good idea). i heard "with arms open" or whatever the hell that song was called on the radio once, went off and snapped the tape in half.

okay, I can see how people think Bono is annoying, I can see Edge cos some get annoyed at his constant hat (one of my friends referred to him once as "a psychotic cat burglar"), and even Larry is mr. snarlypants...
But seriously, what did Adam ever do?

I'm too busy laughing at "Edge, The" to really care though :lol:

Ok I agree that Bono could be seen as annoying by some at times and I suppose some do find the constant wearing of the beanie by Edge annoying but I cant really think of anything about Adam or Larry. My thought on the whole thing is...Whatever! Everybody can be annoying at one time or another and I find the fact that there is a site devoted to annoyance rather...annoying!

I just went to the site and cast a "not annoying" vote for U2 - they are now down to 40% annoying. I also cast an "annoying" vote for Creed - they are ranked at around 75 percent for annoyance, if it makes anyone feel better.

Why Bono is Anoying

Thgis is about Bono from that site:

Why he might be annoying:

When asked what he thinks about current radio music, he said: 'It's so sweet. I feel that my teeth are rotting listening to the radio.'

He is arrogant and feels that his songs are much more important than others. (?)

He is a deluded egomaniac.

He admits to using illegal drugs. (?)

Why he might not be annoying:

His songs have messages.

He performs at multiple charity events (Live AIDS, Amnesty
International Rock Tour, etc.).

He covered the Beatles' 'Helter Skelter,' claiming he was taking it back from Charles Manson.

:no: I have never heard of Bono admiting taking illegal drugs...
Corect me if i'm wrong...:|

Well, probably a lot of the people who voted there didn't know who Larry or Adam were... just as I am now voting "annoying" for some celebrities and I have no idea who they are. :evil:

I highly suspect that Bono takes a heap of illegal drugs. He does it to spite people who put him on a pedestal. And for the enjoyment of course.

(This is tongue in cheek).

I hate people who try to feel cool by joking on others. That site had Bono up back during the tour, and back then he was only 36% and we went on a 'no' voting spree to bring it down. I can't believe he's still up there and they've added the whole band! :shrug:

We also have to consider that there are a lot of 'annoying' idiots on the internet who don't even know anything about the people listed who are going to go there and vote EVERYBODY annoying just for kicks and giggles, so the numbers are never going to be accurate on any of the 'nominees.'

About the drugs crap, I've never heard of him saying that and even if he did why is that annoying? Most rock stars are or have been big time drug abusers. Bono has never been known for that, he's never been arrested or put in rehab or anything. If Bono took a few puffs of pot or something big deal. Is anybody calling all the junkies and cokeheads 'annoying?' If that's all they can try to use against him they don't have much of a case!

Maybe its just me but i really couldnt care less who hates U2 and what others think about them :shrug:....unless they are talking about how hot Larry is ;)

Back
Top Bottom