Is U2 alive?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

zoopop

Rock n' Roll Doggie
These guys are taking their sweet time with their album. I know U2 likes to take their time and make everything perfect, but how patient do you have to be a U2 fan. Enough negative talk. I think the new album will be great and should be worth the wait. Your thoughts.

P.S
I don't know if many of you have heard of a band called My Morning Jacket, but their new album "It Still Moves" comes out today and its amazing. I recomend them to U2 fans, especailly for fans of JT, RH era.

zoopop said:
These guys are taking their sweet time with their album. I know U2 likes to take their time and make everything perfect, but how patient do you have to be a U2 fan. Enough negative talk. I think the new album will be great and should be worth the wait. Your thoughts.

They are perfectionists, and they want to make a really good album. Zooropa and Pop were both rushed and suffered for it (some good songs, yes, but not their best albums). I think they'd rather put a new album out every three or four years and make it a superb album than put out a mediocre album every year.

And the only thing I look forward to more than the next album is the upcoming tour! I hope they play in my home town! :applaud: :love: :kiss:

It does seem like they're putting out albums with a greater space between them than they used to (I still can't believe two of their best albums, War and The Unforgettable Fire, came out in consecutive years), but they aren't getting any younger ...

And, even though the wait may be agonising, I would much rather wait a few years for something really brilliant than wait just a short time for something rushed and thrown together at the last second.

That doesn't really bring me any comfort, though. To say "I'd rather wait for something brilliant than not wait and get something crappy." I just am very impatient, and craving new U2 music NOW. I'm sure once the album is released, I'll be like "ah, that wasn't such a long wait." But this has been the most agonizing wait for a U2 album I've ever had. Maybe b/c of all the teasers we've had. "The album will be released by the end of 2002.......summer 2003........fall 2003.......spring 2004..........now early 2004 isn't looking all that promising. I hate waiting for U2. Hopefully the Slane DVD will make my life a littel bit easier.

zoopop said:

P.S
I don't know if many of you have heard of a band called My Morning Jacket, but their new album "It Still Moves" comes out today and its amazing. I recomend them to U2 fans, especailly for fans of JT, RH era.

You should check out the 'Just the Bang and the Clatter' section of 'Lemonade Stand' here at Interference. It's the general music section. There are various fans of said band there.

Axl rose is also taking a shit load of time for his(gnr) album.

oh ya u2 is alive! they were last seen on SEA.

im sure the album is ready. Edge is most likely changing songs on the album before they get it out.

Strato Edge said:
I have belief it will be done by Nov./Dem. ready for March

I wouldn't be surprised at all if the actual recording is nearly finished, and all that needs to be done is mixing/post-production and a few bits and pieces of recording, for a February/March release. I think we can expect a pretty big announcement fairly soon.

Bunbury said:

That shit album is never coming out. Axl is just fucking with us HAHA! :lol:

you know that when chinese democracy comes out next year its going to be huge.
listen to madagascar its the best song i have heard this year.(and i know real music) i would post a topic about this but every one here is into stuff like coldplay et so it would just be a waste of my and your time.

Re: Re: Is U2 alive?

Sue DeNym said:

I think they'd rather put a new album out every three or four years and make it a superb album than put out a mediocre album every year.

I'd prefer they do that too! We had ES and Hands last year, which were great songs. I'll be happy to wait if it means we get more fantastic music like that, rather than an album full of crappy songs (which is :reject: what I thought of ATYCLB).

shaun vox said:

you know that when chinese democracy comes out next year its going to be huge.
listen to madagascar its the best song i have heard this year.(and i know real music) i would post a topic about this but every one here is into stuff like coldplay et so it would just be a waste of my and your time.

Man, this Chinese Democracy better blow me away after all this time. Specially since it ISNT the original band I'm skeptical.
It better be worth it for a decade of waiting and millions being spent making this album.
By the way Axl looks dumb with thise dreads WTF?:lol:

Bunbury said:

Man, this Chinese Democracy better blow me away after all this time. Specially since it ISNT the original band I'm skeptical.
It better be worth it for a decade of waiting and millions being spent making this album.
By the way Axl looks dumb with thise dreads WTF?:lol:

If he put out the album last year when he was touring then it could of become huge and would have worked to his favor but when he pulled a no show here in Vancouver and then did the same in the states a few months later he pretty well screwed himself over for the future IMO. A lot of his own fans are turning their backs on him even if he puts out a great album. :yes:

EvolutionMonkey said:

If he put out the album last year when he was touring then it could of become huge and would have worked to his favor but when he pulled a no show here in Vancouver and then did the same in the states a few months later he pretty well screwed himself over for the future IMO. A lot of his own fans are turning their backs on him even if he puts out a great album. :yes:

True, I forgot about the tour fiasco.

gnr is going to tour again(they better not fuck up this time) no dates are set yet. cant wait to check them out.

yp its not the same gnr at all.
no slash no duff et(well they have velvet revolver which i love and cant wait for that album and tour)

bucket head.

before i got into u2 it was : "if its not gnr is crap", i think its ok for a few years between u2 albums. but hey its been since the use your illusion albums since there was any new original gnr stuff. yes there was the punk cover album , the end of days soundtrack, and yes, the ill-fated recent tour with some unfinished new songs, but i am afraid that axl's legacy will be what it could have been. i just hope and pray that he dumps the heavy metal village people and wakes up and gets slash, duff, and matt back.

i honestly cant wait till the new u2, i keep getting bootlegs waiting. hearing that it is more guitar oriented, etc., just makes the wait harder but more sweet.

RickFly said:
before i got into u2 it was : "if its not gnr is crap", i think its ok for a few years between u2 albums. but hey its been since the use your illusion albums since there was any new original gnr stuff. yes there was the punk cover album , the end of days soundtrack, and yes, the ill-fated recent tour with some unfinished new songs, but i am afraid that axl's legacy will be what it could have been. i just hope and pray that he dumps the heavy metal village people and wakes up and gets slash, duff, and matt back.

i honestly cant wait till the new u2, i keep getting bootlegs waiting. hearing that it is more guitar oriented, etc., just makes the wait harder but more sweet.

haha, what the the "heavy metal village people?" :p

interesting question

instead of trying to find the answer I say we talk about U2 here and can discuss Guns 'n Roses in the Bang & Clatter forum
(if anyone wants to start a thread about them)

I'm wondering when the major silence will be broken with regards to new album info. I think with ATYCLB, the first big insight we had into the recording process was a Rolling Stone article (the one where they spoke of Stir My Soul, and songs like that). I hope this proves to be the case this time as well. That article really provided some juicy tidbits, the sort of information I'd love to hear about the new recordings. Also, it's always nice to hear how the new songs sound from the perspective of someone outside the band.

Yeah, it's been almost too quiet, but that is usually how U2 operates. Most people don't even realize there's an album coming out until it's a week away. They are very good at keeping a tight lid on their recording efforts.

Close this thread or move it to Bang and Clatter forum.

This has become a Guns and Roses thread.

Back
Top Bottom