Is this not the greatest record cover you've ever seen?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

namkcuR

ONE love, blood, life
jt.jpg

:drool: :drool: :drool:

thrillme said:
I dunno, partial to the Achtung Baby cover myself. (And no, not because of the nudey pic ;) )

Zooropa is pretty cool too.

Ha, I was just about to comment that when I first clicked this link, I was afraid this was going to be the Achtung cover, which I really don't like.

My favourite's probably War.

Axver said:

Ha, I was just about to comment that when I first clicked this link, I was afraid this was going to be the Achtung cover, which I really don't like.

My favourite's probably War.

Brilliant covers such as UF, JT, Achtung, and Zooropa are there and War is your favorite?

My favorite cover and album concept is definitely Pop. I've devoted every inch of wallspace in my (large) room to it! My latest addition was a HUGE 4 x 6 foot poster from PopMart Buenos Aires and I honestly have nowhere left but the ceiling, so instead I sliced it into sections and wallpapered my closet doors (4 folding panels).

namkcuR said:

Brilliant covers such as UF, JT, Achtung, and Zooropa are there and War is your favorite?

The image is stark and grabs your attention, and it suits the album perfectly.

UF's indefinite nature suits the album but I prefer more clear photography, and I just hate the Achtung one. A mish-mashy mess in my opinion. Zooropa's good, though. ATYCLB's another excellent one, and I, unlike most, think October's got a good cover.

Axver said:

and I just hate the Achtung one. A mish-mashy mess in my opinion.

The Achtung cover's a mess? a mess??? its fucking imagery that suits the time and the album perfectly. Just cos you like the 80s material a lot doesn't mean you have to put down Achtung at every chance you get, you know. :madspit:

:wink:

LivLuvAndBootlegMusic said:
My favorite cover and album concept is definitely Pop. I've devoted every inch of wallspace in my (large) room to it! My latest addition was a HUGE 4 x 6 foot poster from PopMart Buenos Aires and I honestly have nowhere left but the ceiling, so instead I sliced it into sections and wallpapered my closet doors (4 folding panels).

I'll second that :yes:

BTW where did ya get the Pop Mart Buenos Aires pic? I actually live in Buenos Aires and have never seen anything like it around here!

KhanadaRhodes said:

was it adam's jacket or afro that sealed the deal for you? :sexywink:

<--Infamous for my appreciation of da' fro at Zootopia (original forum).

War is a good one too, look into the boy's eyes.

Last edited:
Dude, War is the best cover. That photograph is amazing, the boy's eyes grab you. It's angry and raw, like the album.

war.jpg

UF could have been a cool cover, but they ruined it with that ugly burgundy border. AB has a lot of great images, but it's overkilled by putting them into a collage. They should have chosen just one for the cover and did a collage inside, imo.

Zootlesque said:

The Achtung cover's a mess? a mess??? its fucking imagery that suits the time and the album perfectly. Just cos you like the 80s material a lot doesn't mean you have to put down Achtung at every chance you get, you know. :madspit:

:wink:

If it's imagery of a mish-mashy mess, then yes. Besides the fact that I don't even like half of the photographs, there's just too much of them. It's cluttered and annoying and doesn't look remotely good.

As I said, though, Zooropa's got a good cover. And Pop's is also done well. Achtung, in my opinion, is easily the worst U2 cover, followed by HTDAAB and WAIA. When I first got WAIA, I stared at it quizzically and couldn't figure out what it was - at first I thought it looked like a cat in the rain, but knew that couldn't be right. Though it seems the copy I have is less distinct than those I've found online.

Axver said:

If it's imagery of a mish-mashy mess, then yes. Besides the fact that I don't even like half of the photographs, there's just too much of them. It's cluttered and annoying and doesn't look remotely good.

As I said, though, Zooropa's got a good cover. And Pop's is also done well. Achtung, in my opinion, is easily the worst U2 cover, followed by HTDAAB and WAIA. When I first got WAIA, I stared at it quizzically and couldn't figure out what it was - at first I thought it looked like a cat in the rain, but knew that couldn't be right. Though it seems the copy I have is less distinct than those I've found online.

You know, I disagree with you about the AB cover, but I understand where you're coming from. I'll just say that there is, in the AB collage, one particular picture that I've always loved, and that is the picture of the hand with the jagged "U" and "2" rings on it. I wish I had a pair of those.

Axver said:
admit it, you have something against the cow :mad:

15408ab-med.jpg

15408cow.jpg

15408cow2.jpg

15408cow3.jpg

namkcuR said:
You know, I disagree with you about the AB cover, but I understand where you're coming from. I'll just say that there is, in the AB collage, one particular picture that I've always loved, and that is the picture of the hand with the jagged "U" and "2" rings on it. I wish I had a pair of those.
omigor me too!! when that album first came out i loved that pic and thought the same thing. i'd wondered where the edge found those rings and where i could find a pair.

So I guess I'm the only person who really doesn't like those rings at all? I'm not a fan of rings in the first place, and I think large ones look horrid.

I've nothing against the cow, though! That's a good picture. I would've been happy if they'd used just that one photo as the cover, or the train! Love trains. Love love love trains.

Back
Top Bottom