Is this not the greatest record cover you've ever seen?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
inmyplace13 said:
I like the Under a Blood Red Sky cover, myself.

:banghead: Can't believe I forgot about that one! That's right up there with War. Fantastic cover.

KhanadaRhodes said:
what about the american cover of boy. a classic right? right? :crickets: :tumbleweed:

shit..

Most people I've talked to outside of America refuse to even acknowledge it as the cover of Boy. The boy is the cover of Boy, and that's that, according to them. For a long time I prefered the American version, but recently, I've started liking the original version. Partially because the reason it was changed is retarded and partially because of how iconic that kid(now grown man) has become in U2 lore.

namkcuR said:
Most people I've talked to outside of America refuse to even acknowledge it as the cover of Boy. The boy is the cover of Boy, and that's that, according to them. For a long time I prefered the American version, but recently, I've started liking the original version. Partially because the reason it was changed is retarded and partially because of how iconic that kid(now grown man) has become in U2 lore.
i was kidding btw :wink:

i've got both cds, although i have no idea where the u.s. version is. it's probably somewhere in one of these boxes, along with every other cd i own. :scratch:

15408ab-med.jpg

alb007-14.jpg

war.jpg

:drool: :bow: :cool:

KhanadaRhodes said:

admit it, you have something against the cow :mad:

15408ab-med.jpg

15408cow.jpg

15408cow2.jpg

15408cow3.jpg

Hahahaha! Finally some hilarious U2 humour around here!!

...best U2 cover is THE JOSHUA TREE by far. So bloody simple yet the actual layout of it (like the singles) is so good, almost formal with the whole black bar/simple text thing they've got going on there!

I'm particularly fond of 'All That You Can't Leave Behind'...plus 'Achtung Baby'...I always take my 12" sleeve and just look at it for AGES and I still find it hard to believe it's a U2 cover...I don't know why...really odd.

Fair enough, Axver. It seems you prefer covers that are more like works of art with one running theme. But personally, I love the Achtung cover for it's myriad images because it probably accurately reflects what was going on in their heads in 1991. I think their minds WERE a mess at the time. It was a creative explosion of sorts for them or re-invention or whatever you call it. But I have to say I love the JT cover too. :love: My least fav one is probably HTDAAB. They even had a better shot inside the booklet. What were they thinking???

By the way, whats the deal with the horrible distorted black and white cover of Boy here in the US??? What happened to the one with the picture of Rowan... only in intl. versions?

My favourites covers are War, Joshua Tree and ATYCLB. The ones I don't like very much are Pop and HTDAAB.

AB's cover is well relationshiped with the album and it's theme but it's a bit confusing and some images I can't recognize or understand...

[]

I'd say my favourite cover is War. Just an amazing photograph; the eyes really grab you. And of course the cover to Boy is great too, he looks so innocent in that one...

I love the simplicity of the JT cover versus the chaos of the AB cover. You know, I love almost every U2 cover. Even HTDAAB... the colour scheme is great; it really demands attention. They just could have used a much better photo.

AtomicBono said:
Even HTDAAB... the colour scheme is great; it really demands attention. They just could have used a much better photo.

I completely agree with that statement. The color scheme is good and the CD looks really attractive. But the photo is not the best one.

i despise the 'Atomic Bomb' colour scheme simply because they are my favourite colours and they've made the cover so damn GOOD! Now I can't wear my favourite two colours without people assuming it's just a 'bomb' related thing!!

I like the War cover the best. Fits the album and is a great photo.

I never did like the JT cover. They look as if they are trying to be oh so cool, and I always found it nearly painful to look at. (Yeah, I know I'm weird.) And the AB cover is just a mess. Don't like it at all. :mad:

When I was a teenager, I folded the JT LP cover (yes, I'm that old!) open and put it up, right above my pillow :drool:
Had another gigantic JT poster on another wall.

One could venture to say I was a JT-lover :hmm:

I love the ATYCLB cover! And I agree with the statements about HTDAAB : great colours and layout, horrible picture. Especially Bono isn't looking his best by far, imo.

Favourite is definitely All That You Can't Leave Behind, probably followed by Pop.

What is the American cover of Boy like?

what about the american cover of boy. a classic right? right? :crickets: :tumbleweed:

KRhodes, that is some funny shit right there! :hyper: and nice work on the cow - my kind of humour....

POPROMANCER, i think - emphasis on the "think" - that is some supermodel behind Bono on the AB cover..... possibly Helena Christiansen ???? I may be VERY wrong.....

Fave covers:

Joshua Tree - love the LP Gatefold
War - Biased, I have the pic disc :dance:
Rattle & Hum - Sentimental reasons
ATYCLB - love the Airport as a symbol of "the turnstile of life" :shrug:

HTDAAB is quite boring really *looks for tumbleweed emoticon.... :hmm:

Last edited:
My fave covers:

- War
- Under A Blood Red Sky ( I saw it painted on a wall of a store once and it looked great! I wish I had it painted on a wall in my room:drool: )
- All That You Can't Leave Behind

I like Achtung Baby but of course U2 will always be associated with the Joshua Tree cover.

Back
Top Bottom