Is this Bono concert story true?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Canadiens1160 said:
Bad U2 joke = Lock and ban.

This thread is now about Warren Zevon's 'Werewolves of London'.

Ahhh-oooooooooh.

I saw a werewolf drinking a pina colada at Trader Vic's.

His hair was perfect!

Ahh-hoooooo!

It could happen but its not remotely funny. Probably just some piss tank in the front row that had 1 too many beers.

Making a joke out of thousands of people dying every month of AIDS is not funny. How many people here watched that special report on CNN last night with Christiane Amanpoure, this is not something to be made fun of.

Yahweh said:
Making a joke out of thousands of people dying every month of AIDS is not funny.

It is, actually. Please refer to the thread's first post. FUCKING HILARIOUS. If we can't laugh about it, then we've already lost.

Yahweh said:

Making a joke out of thousands of people dying every month of AIDS is not funny.

"Someday I hope to live in a world where someone can make a hilarious AIDS joke...it's one of my dreams." - Michael Scott (Anyone watch The Office?)

Okay, I know that was probably out of line, but I couldn't resist. :reject:

" jokes aint supposed to be appropriate, thats why they called jokes"

Headache in a Suitcase said:
i highly doubt it's true... one would think we would have heard about it at the time, no?

especially since there are like 9 bootlegs to every show this tour

If you shout... said:

It is, actually. Please refer to the thread's first post. FUCKING HILARIOUS. If we can't laugh about it, then we've already lost.

I have already lost. A lot of times. Every time I clap my hands I have lost yet again for failure to laugh

I laughed too. Not at the idea of millions of people dying, just at the irony in the wording. That's all jokes are, really. Interesting and imaginative twists of language. Try not to focus too much on the content. Do you know what's terribly un-funny? Oversensitivity.

GibsonGirl said:
I laughed too. Not at the idea of millions of people dying, just at the irony in the wording. That's all jokes are, really. Interesting and imaginative twists of language. Try not to focus too much on the content. Do you know what's terribly un-funny? Oversensitivity.

:love: :love: :love:

Ever since the comment in question had initially been posted, I'd been trying to think of an appropriate response.

But GibsonGirl has said it for me, so now I no longer have to lie awake in bed thinking about it.

Back
Top Bottom