is this a U2 bashing forum or a fan club?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
shaun vox said:

lie! if what you said is true then why do i not like this album!!

people are saying it sounds like boy or jt or whatever the truth is it does not/ i love those albums but cant stand htdaab!!

Shaun, You do know people are entitled to their opinions! it seems to me that you only want to accept your opinion only! thats precisely why i started this thread cos of people like you

And I agree with the post about U2 trying new things on this album. Agree 100% to it! very well said

shaun vox said:

lie! if what you said is true then why do i not like this album!!

Because not everyone has your tastes? Not everyone wants to hear a guy doing the same wanking routine with his guitar on every song?

Re: Re: Re: Re: is this a U2 bashing forum or a fan club?

TheFly84138 said:

Oh, very cool. You switched what I said to make it seem as though I like How to Dismantle, even though it's the worst album of the past five years other than the new Coldplay.

Why do some of you get so worked up about other people saying things that maybe you think are wrong? Grow and get a sense of humor or lighten up already. I don't expect people to agree with me but I also don't expect people to take every criticism of U2 as though I killed your mother or something. Ease up a bit.

And you don't have to take every compliment towards U2 as if someone killed your best friend. This is a U2 forum, people are gonna stick up for the band when they are put down, what do you expect?

Axver said:

Because not everyone has your tastes? Not everyone wants to hear a guy doing the same wanking routine with his guitar on every song?
HAHAHA, i love it, am sure he gets all in a flutter when someone says something bad about that excuse of a human being called "slash",

who, hasnt changed his style since he started, so really your just quoting double standards shauny

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: is this a U2 bashing forum or a fan club?

IrishDawg said:

And you don't have to take every compliment towards U2 as if someone killed your best friend. This is a U2 forum, people are gonna stick up for the band when they are put down, what do you expect?
amen to that, the people that say stuff like "why do you overreact when someone says something against bla bla, its a forum bla bla," well guess what, as was said above, let the people who are enjoying things have their opinons without being called "sheep" or blind followers or whatever,

works both ways

Honestly i think im in this threads camp now....

I have no problem with people giving their opinions on an album..ok you don't like the album? why? oh these are your reasons thanks for sharing...now there is no fucking reason for you to repeat the same reasons 500 times in 500 separate threads...

Debate and constructive criticismare great good and i enjoy a good argument but i don't enjoy the same argument 500 times over but some people just seem to want everyone around here to accept their opinion that the album is shit as fact...its not...most people round here really love the new album when maybe about 5 of the people on here are vocal in every single bloody thread about how they dislike it, how its crap compared to everything else U2 have done...how can some people not accept others really love HTDAAB...its stupid....

Because you say its shit does not make it shit....you just don't enjoy U2s current music fair enough..share your reasons why its good for an argument but as i said no need to repeat yourself over and over again...thats called trolling:mad:

I've also read how some people 'oh why can't Bono be bad-ass again...why can't he say fuck Bush..or politicians are bullshit...why has he become a politician'....Bono is no where near a politician, hes a campaigner...and to do what he wants to achieve he has to work with politicians...the whole anti-establishment routine 'fuck the world' doesn't help Africa which he is trying to do...personally i have far more respect for Bono with how he goes about himself now than if he just belittled Bush publically and tried to raise a rabble while shouting his mouth off..badass U2 was fun hell 90s were my favourite U2 period..but its not the most mature or intelligent attitude as it changes nothing..its defiant to the last but ultimately in the end for nothing. Saying you want the Fly or attitude back is just idiotic...you are asking them to repeat themselves as much as you already think they have...(oh yeh of course badmouthing Bush is hardly original either)

Im sick of people here trying to force me to believe the past two albums are crap...you say ignore the threads you know are the ones criticising U2..i love reading intelligent arguments..its hard to ignore these threads though when every second thread is one that has gone all anti-U2.

Im just tired of it all:madspit: I would love to hear some constructive debate about say why someone dislikes Pop or Achtung...i would find that a whole lot more enjoyable than the current debates repeating themselves constantly...I would disagree muchly with whoever disliked those two albums but i would hear them out...

PS There are 3 good G 'n' Roses songs..Welcome to the Jungle, Paradise City, Sweet Child O'Mine (you know why? they are good pop songs)....everything else is repetitive boring bland guitar work...which Slash continues to repeat to this very day...come on November Rain? its cheesier 20 fold than anything U2 have ever done...rock it ain't..ive heard more interesting sounds coming from a baby's arse:drool: :wink:

Great post, LJT! :up:

LJT said:
I would love to hear some constructive debate about say why someone dislikes Pop or Achtung

Now that sounds like the thread for me! Though ... an "Achtung is not a masterpiece" thread probably won't go down so well ...

guitar solos rule bitches and that a fact!! now suck it lol!

slash has got skills lets see edge bend a string for a change, go out and ask people who is a guitar god no one will say edge! they will laugh at you if you even mention edges name! lol(i love u2 well anything before 2000! and now you are making me badmouth them lol)

shaun vox said:

slash has got skills lets see edge bend a string for a change, go out and ask people who is a guitar god no one will say edge! they will laugh at you if you even mention edges name! lol(i love u2 well anything before 2000! and now you are making me badmouth them lol)
yes.... it would help the fact he has been doing it since he played guitar :wink: :wink: :wink: , when was the last "new" thing he tried? oh no wait he hasnt,

same solo's same bullshit

shaun vox said:

and really your pretty childish for a growin up aint ya?

Axver said:
Great post, LJT! :up:

Now that sounds like the thread for me! Though ... an "Achtung is not a masterpiece" thread probably won't go down so well ...

haha thanks Avxer but as i said i do think Achtung Baby is a masterpiece:wink: but go ahead with your post...i want a fun argument...not one that constantly goes over old ground and everyone knows each others position on...me i guess i am one of the few round here who like everything U2 has done to certain degrees...there is nothing i truly dislike:shrug:

Ahh well honestly i hear nothing wrong with HTDAAB, good tunes...a good bit of hope in U2s music which is well not exactly common with them even ATYCLB is relatively dark...it doesnt sound greatly like anything else U2 has done as much as saying COBL has similar guitar style used like Streets but then again Streets was just an advancement of the guitar style used for Bad in my opinion and nobody i doubt complained that U2 were 'repeating' themselves back then...and Vertigo sounding like Elevation? my hear have obviously been damaged in ways i can not explain as i do not hear it unless you mean both are pop/rock songs? otherwise both are very different in my opinion...U2 have never did songs like A Man and a Woman, Love and Peace, Vertigo even.....i don't get people thinking U2 are repeating themselves terribly......

Windmilllane said:
When I hear U2 bashing, I just smile and grin my teeth. But then I turn my back and it's :censored: :madspit: :angry:

I just kick people in the shins.....

.....then run...especially if they are in a large group:wink:

KUEFC09U2 said:
i thought so thanks, slash n axl foley hmm
Slash.jpg
image2420.JPG

:rockon: :rockon: :rockon:

LJT said:
haha thanks Avxer but as i said i do think Achtung Baby is a masterpiece:wink: but go ahead with your post...i want a fun argument...not one that constantly goes over old ground and everyone knows each others position on...me i guess i am one of the few round here who like everything U2 has done to certain degrees...there is nothing i truly dislike:shrug:

There's nothing I truly dislike either (not even In A Little While, as it has that "man takes a rocketship" verse); it's just that I think Achtung isn't all it's cracked up to be. Maybe if I'm ready for an argument, I'll go make the thread. :wink: We definitely could use something new to argue- I mean discuss here.

as much as saying COBL has similar guitar style used like Streets but then again Streets was just an advancement of the guitar style used for Bad in my opinion and nobody i doubt complained that U2 were 'repeating' themselves back then

Good point! To me, Bad is the perfection of minimalism, Streets takes that and makes it epic, and COBL takes that epic element, combines it with anthemic power (such as that in Pride), and adds the keyboards. All three songs are in my top five songs of all time (1. Streets, 2. Bad, 5. COBL).

and Vertigo sounding like Elevation? my hear have obviously been damaged in ways i can not explain as i do not hear it unless you mean both are pop/rock songs?

Again, I agree. Both are great and different songs in the same genre. We wouldn't say that I Will Follow and Out Of Control are the same song, would we?

yeh most of it's hair....edge is leaner and meaner on that front:wink:

Anyone other than me think that Shaun Vox and KUEFC09U2 are the same people...? Check out post times:

10:36 PM

10:38 PM

10:42 PM

10:43 PM

10:45 PM

I dunno sorry if you're not, just seems like you both hate HTDAAB and neither of you can come up with a good argument for why. The guitar solos in Miracle Drug, All Because of You, and LPOE all sound like new solos to me, and a lot better than any of the solos made since Achtung Baby, w/ the Fly and Acrobat. And Walk On has a pretty good solo too.

I play guitar, and there were no good solos in any of the songs from Zooropa or Pop that inspired me enough to go ahead and learn the songs, unlike most of the songs from ATYCLB and HTDAAB.

KUEFC09U2 actually loves HTDAAB..i think where ever you think he's said he hates it was during a moment of sarcasm but he has been defending the album quite vigorously.

LJT said:
KUEFC09U2 actually loves HTDAAB..i think where ever you think he's said he hates it was during a moment of sarcasm but he has been defending the album quite vigorously.

Yeah I was just about to say that. Maybe you means those two were polar opposites, then maybe I'd agree.

ahh I see, sorry KUEFC09U2, I just see you and Shaun Vox argue in every other thread, maybe you're both just in the same time zone. Everyone's so sarcastic now I can't tell what's sarcastic or a statement.

and Shaun Vox I really have not seen a decent argument for why you dislike HTDAAB in your 500 post in saying it sucks.

IrishDawg
the album is just lame!! its not earth moving its not changing the music scean, no one is talking about this album(other than us on this site) ive been to other band sites and no on gives a shit for u2s new album htdaab!! so ya its just a dud album/ same goes for atyclb!! only 2 good songs on each album!

trust me intime htdaab will be just another album !

when this happens remember me ok!

indigo tree said:
The only thing Slash wins is in the hair department.:|

your kidding me right?

slash wins in all departments!!
his playing,his sound,his look,his guitar, oh did i say his playing!!

edge might have a lot of gadgets but hes not a rock guitar player!! thats a fact!

indigo tree said:
The only thing Slash wins is in the hair department.:|

He also wins in the repetitive guitar wanking routine department.

Back
Top Bottom