Is this a preview of a NEW SONG???

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Mrs Adam Clayton said:

It's kind of the point of this entire thread. If she had the damn albums, she wouldn't have quoted the lyrics as a new song. Instead, she would have been, "Oh, that's Party Girl!"
I suppose you've been a fan all of your life and after a year as a fan you already knew all the songs, had all the albums and was the biggest U2 fan in the world right? Wow, how awesome! I wish everybody could be like you! :happy:

:|

*starts to understand why a lot of people hate EYKIW*

TheBrazilianFly said:

I suppose you've been a fan all of your life and after a year as a fan you already knew all the songs, had all the albums and was the biggest U2 fan in the world right? Wow, how awesome! I wish everybody could be like you! :happy:

:|

*starts to understand why a lot of people hate EYKIW*

Not implying that. But I knew better than to suggest a new song right away. It's not that hard to do research. It's wise to do it anyway, especially as a new fan.

Everyone seems to be forgetting that Party Girl is also on Under a Blood Red Sky, so this "limited edition" argument is moot. Maybe no one's forgotten it, but I'm astounded no one's mentioned it yet. Astounded, I tell you!

yertle-the-turtle said:

I was actually talking to the Fly from Porto Alegre. In a gentle kind of bantering manner?

Forgive me, it's 4 am.

Fair enough, man. :hug:

I don't want any hard feelings. That's not what I'm looking for. But my point is that people need to search through the boards and the sites. It's not like there isn't enough resources out there.

Mrs Adam Clayton said:

Not implying that. But I knew better than to suggest a new song right away. It's not that hard to do research. It's wise to do it anyway, especially as a new fan.

Agreed. And it's not as if we're talking about some ultra-rare song like Father Is An Elephant that only insane diehard fans know.

I knew Party Girl before I even had four U2 albums or the Best Of 1980-1990 b-sides. :shrug:

GibsonGirl said:
When I was 14, I had all of U2's albums. :shrug:

Hey some of us are late bloomers, I didn't have ANY albums at 14. I wasn't much into music until late into high school, even then I was very sporadic in what I liked. "War" was the first album by a band I'd ever bought. U2 was the first band I got into, though when I was 13, I very much liked "Hold me, thrill me, kiss me, kill me,"when it came out, but I never found out more about who did the song at the time. :shrug:

I had all of U2's studio albums up to ATYCLB in about 18 months though.

Only thing I don't have now, which I'm slowly getting, is all the singles they've released over the years (with extra songs and live stuff). Well I don't have a record player, but I'm looking for any singles released in CD format.

I did a lot my research at atu2.com, but my first year of discovering U2's music, was mostly on my own, very little outside influence.

Then U2.com and Zootopia were up in late 2001, and by then, I had a good grasp of U2's material, and the people there were pretty nice. I did lurk here at interference for some of 2001 but never posted until, hmm, actually I only recently (last year or so) started posting here.

I think I'd have been ran out of here for dumb questions asked.

Last edited:
wow, i hate forums like this, closed forums, have to have all 14 albums and know every song by heart (i do) no new fans, do research, and maybe youll be ok, so i_love_adam, you might want to save up some money, miss a couple of days of school/work to do research, and then maybe youll be able to be a member of interference

:coocoo:

Axver said:

Agreed. And it's not as if we're talking about some ultra-rare song like Father Is An Elephant that only insane diehard fans know.I knew Party Girl before I even had four U2 albums or the Best Of 1980-1990 b-sides. :shrug:

what he said.

plus, in my opinion, this isn't about seeing who's the bigger fan and who has more albums and knowledge of 'rarities' [sic]. I hate the elitism attitude that's shown sometimes, but I honestly just thought it was funny that someone burst in saying 'I think they're finishing a new song, guys!!' in the hope that everyone will all come running in, bangs and whistles, going 'Yyyeeah!!! Awesome find, dude! Here, have some points!' as if it's some major thing they've uncovered.

not being rude, i just find it vaguely amusing...

gareth brown said:
but I honestly just thought it was funny that someone burst in saying 'I think they're finishing a new song, guys!!' in the hope that everyone will all come running in, bangs and whistles, going 'Yyyeeah!!! Awesome find, dude! Here, have some points!' as if it's some major thing they've uncovered.

not being rude, i just find it vaguely amusing...

Me too. The post could just have easily said "Here are the lyrics I heard, please tell me what song they're from."

Oh, and when I was 14, U2 didn't have any albums out to even have.

martha said:

Me too. The post could just have easily said "Here are the lyrics I heard, please tell me what song they're from."

Oh, and when I was 14, U2 didn't have any albums out to even have.

When I was 14 I had all the Beatles albums.:|

When I was 14, I had no albums. None of my family is a U2 fan, and nobody at school was either. And I didn't have access to any of their stuff apart from what I heard on radio etc. I've become a U2 fan through my own discovery, which takes time for some people. It doesn't make me any LESS of a fan because I wasn't one till I was about 18. It's not MY fault there was no copy of JT in my house when I was little. It's not fair to treat people differently because of when they became fans - they can still be loyal and love the songs and appreciate them, and understand them.

And the attitude of some people towards others in this forum, I don't know... There's no need to be quite so rude if someone happens not to know a song. We can educate one another, it's all good.

martha said:

Exactly. That's the point that everyone's trying to make here. We're not criticising this person because she didn't know the song or because she's a "newbie," we're criticising her because she claimed that it was almost definitely a new song she was hearing and that she was "pretty sure it's not an old song they're rehearsing." You just don't make those sort of claims when you don't have the entire back catalogue of a band that has a lot of material. It would have been far more sensible to post what martha just wrote.

And really, if there actually was a new song featured on the bonus disk, we ALL would have been talking about it the day the DVD was released.

david said:
When I was 14 I had The Simpsons sing the blues.

HA! Me, too! I used to hate the Lisa version of "God Bless The Child..".

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom