Is this a planned leaked? - U2 Feedback

Go Back   U2 Feedback > Your Blue Room > Everything You Know Is Wrong > Everything You Know Is Wrong Archive
Click Here to Login

Old 11-07-2004, 08:19 AM   #1
Acrobat

Local Time: 01:01 AM
Is this a planned leaked?

Could this leak of the new album be a planned one by the boys so that they may get some media attention say if they make an announcement that now the album has leaked they are going to release it a weak early on iTunes?

Old 11-07-2004, 08:21 AM   #2
Forum Moderator

Local Time: 08:01 PM
I'm not sure if it was planned. But if it was I'm sure as hell glad they planned for a Saturday.

I'm not sure what I would have done if they'd planned it for a weekday.

Old 11-07-2004, 08:51 AM   #3
War Child

Local Time: 08:01 PM
Quote:
Originally posted by ramblin rose
I'm not sure if it was planned. But if it was I'm sure as hell glad they planned for a Saturday.

I'm not sure what I would have done if they'd planned it for a weekday.

Amen to that RR. What's more perfect than having a lazy Saturday to have an intimate listen to your favorite band!
Old 11-07-2004, 09:47 AM   #4
War Child

Local Time: 01:01 AM
How can anyone think this was a planned leak? People love a conspiracy theory, but I just don't understand how anyone can think like this when it comes to big, established bands.

Its basic business sense. A leak is bad because you'll lose money from people who will not bother buying it on release day. That loss won't be made up for by publicity.

And if you hadn't noticed, the leak hasn't made the news. If it was planned, it would be on the news and an iTunes release would have been announced already.

Besides, U2's lead-off single is doing well and they're popping up all over the place. If it had bombed (pardon the pun) then maybe they'd do something like suggested. But like I said, it would be useless unless they had a strategy ready to go to get the album out there.
Old 11-07-2004, 10:15 AM   #5
genius of compression
Forum Moderator

Local Time: 09:01 PM
Quote:
Originally posted by ascender_RS
How can anyone think this was a planned leak? People love a conspiracy theory, but I just don't understand how anyone can think like this when it comes to big, established bands.

Boredom, I guess? I really wish the X-files would come back on the air or something.

This was not a planned leak and the band, or Apple, or George Bush, etc was not behind it. Remember the "rns" in all the filenames? That's the initials of the warez release group that was behind it, not the band.
http://www.gettingit.com/article/171

neutral @ interference.com