Is there anything about U2 we can agree on?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
cdisantis83 said:
It seems as though everyone would at least agree that Achtung Baby is a strong album; i.e., that it is not terrible. It is the only album that I have not seen explicitly bashed in these forums, although I have not really been here very long.

Wrong.

Achtung is U2's second worst album (ATYCLB being the worst) and not even remotely worthy of being called "strong", unless your copy of Achtung is a two track EP consisting of Acrobat and LIB.

Two of my friends (who are both posters here) dislike Achtung even more than I do. Hell, liamcool almost makes me look like I like Achtung sometimes!

Axver said:

Wrong.

Achtung is U2's second worst album (ATYCLB being the worst) and not even remotely worthy of being called "strong", unless your copy of Achtung is a two track EP consisting of Acrobat and LIB.

I stand corrected.

Can we all agree the end of Walk On intentionally or unintentionally rips of Pink Floyd's Eclipse?

I think that we can all in fact agree that Streets summarizes what U2 is about, and is therefore their greatest song.

I am not wrong, and you cannot disagree.
:|

God Part III said:
I think that we can all in fact agree that Streets summarizes what U2 is about, and is therefore their greatest song.

I am not wrong, and you cannot disagree.
:|

I do agree on the first half, but I disagree on the second part.... U2 doesn't HAVE a greatest song... that doesn't exist, since it's a matter of personal taste and experience. Everybody has a favourite song for a reason personal or not, and for him/her that is the greatest song...

I think we can all agree that Bono sweats execssively to the point of near dehydration on stage.

(Adam's too cool to sweat)

Back
Top Bottom