Is there a U2 song that you just don't like??

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

one4u2

ONE love, blood, life
While we all love them for the music of course, because they do kick ass, is there a song you just don't like?

there are many, I dont just immediately like everything that U2 do, just because it is U2. A few that I dont really like are....

WGRYWH- I think its the sha, la las.......

Half of Pop- but with this said, I think that the other half of pop is just amazing!!

Most of ATYCLB- its just too 'adult contemporary' and it dosnt 'rock' enough for me...

I love U2 too, but ( like any other band I love ) there´re several songs that I really don´t like.
From Boy to present, here´s my list:

1- Stories Of Boys
2- With A Shout
3- Stranger In A Strange Land
4- Like A Song
5- "40" ( studio version, I love live version )
6- 4th Of July
7- Love Comes Tumbling
8- Night And Day
9- Daddy´s Gonna Paid For Your Crashed Car
10- The Wanderer ( I think it would be 100% better with Bono )
11- Miami
12- The Playboy Mansion
13- In A Little While
14- Wild Honey
15- Grace
16- The Hands That Built America

:wave: Peace

Mine are Wild Honey, Miami and Lemon that come to mind..... @Ponkine, I can't believe you don't like In a little while, Love comes tumbling and Like A Song!!!

Last edited:
My list is kind of long and I feel bad :uhoh: but I love way more songs than I don't like, and the ones I do like I REALLY like! :happy:

here's my 'don't like' list :reject:

Miami
Playboy Mansion
MOFO
Discotheque (album version)
DYFL
Daddy's Gonna Pay (album version)
Some Days are Better than Others
Exit
Mothers of the Disappeared
Refugee
Red Light
Stuck in a Moment
Grace
In A Little While

OH MY GOD, Loves comes tumbling????? :shocked: That is my absolute favortie song they sing. I don't agree with all of this list but some of them you really should try to listen to again. Example...Playboy Mansion (an aquired taste), Like a Song :ohmy: Stories FOR boys, Hands that built America.
Otherwise, I can agree with a lot of your lists, some of them would be on mine as well.

My dislikes are Lemon, Wild Honey, Miami, Grace, Elvis Presley and America and the Wanderer (which I never even knew the name of just that it was the last song on Zooropa and I hate it.

Last edited:
youtwohearts said:
OH MY GOD, Loves comes tumbling?????

I was shocked by that too. That is one of my very favorites of all time, currently in my top 3 at least. Other songs I love that people pick on are Ultraviolet, Red Hill Mining Town, Indian Summer Sky and Wild Honey.

DYFL is Do You Feel Loved. The beat makes me nauseaus (sp) like being on a bad carnival ride :barf:

U2Kitten said:

I was shocked by that too. That is one of my very favorites of all time, currently in my top 3 at least. Other songs I love that people pick on are Ultraviolet, Red Hill Mining Town, Indian Summer Sky and Wild Honey.

Love you! Indian Summer Sky!! Red Hill Mining Town!

Playboy Mansion I get picked for. People don't get the humor in that song. I think the words are funny. If OJ is more than a drink...The big Mac bigger than you think...if perfume is an obsession and talk shows confessions...NO???

I'm not a big fan of...

Grace
Second 1/2 of Pop
Even Better Than the Real Thing
One Tree Hill
Quite a few on October

Thank you for this topic! Not because I want to bash U2, but I'm feeling way too Eddie Haskellesque, afraid to hurt people's feelings or be too confrontational about songs that I don't care as much for. Without further ado here is my list of songs from the albums that I pretty much skip:
An Cat Dubh
I Threw A Brick Through A Window
Red Light
Surrender
4th of July
Indian Summer Sky
Bullet The Blue Sky (I know, but it's just not one of my favorites)
Trip Through Your Wires
Van Diemen's Land
(Pretty much all the live tracks on Rattle & Hum except ISHFWILF)
Love Rescue Me
Even Better Than The Real Thing( I know, such a crowd pleaser!) - I like the Perfecto Remix better
Baby Face
Daddy's Gonna Pay For Your Crashed Car
Mofo (Better in concert)
Last Night On Earth (Better in Concert, horrible choice for a single)
Miami (Much better in Concert)
Wake Up Dead Man (It bother's me when Bono cusses. I can't explain why)
Wild Honey (B-Side, too fun, like Sweetest Thing. Doesn't fit)
Peace On Earth (uninteresting, even though the lyrics are spot on)

But having said that, I'd still pay money to watch U2 perform them all. :love:

Starsforu2 some of your list is a little shocking but I wanted to tell you that One4U2 and myself call Bullet the Blue Sky the pee-break song because it is the ONLY song we would leave the concert for and go to the bathroom.

Starsforu2 some of your list is a little shocking but I wanted to tell you that One4U2 and myself call Bullet the Blue Sky the pee-break song because it is the ONLY song we would leave the concert for and go to the bathroom.

Even Better Than The Real Thing was my pee break song during Pop. :lol:

I do confess that Bullet The Blue Sky is always interesting in concert, but it's never been a favorite.

I'm chuckling at the stories!

The ONLY one i dont like is LEMON, thats it. But i live the Video b/c of Maccie.

*isadork*

Everything on POP was great IMHO, most incredible album ever (of course it also the best Bass album for me, and I am an APA)

wanderer - i always switch zooropa off before its over because of this song
when love comes to town... sorry, i just really dont like it

yeah i didnt like wander just because it wasnt bono. i didnt like love comes to town that much as well, kinda because it was taken over by bbkings band...i think
and i dont like last night on earth. theres something about it that makes me cringe. if i listened to it and disregarded that it was u2 i might like it....
i cant believe mothers of the dissappeared was on the list! thats a beautiful song...
i didnt like wild honey. it was like they spent a ton of time on all the songs and then shat that one out at the last minute.
i think i would like it more if it was a b side though. i like the lyrics....

Back
Top Bottom